IGNORED

Storing consoles - cartridge in or out?

Also having a cartridge in place, in most systems, creates a possibility of an accidental impact upon it possibly causing damage to both the cart and inner components of the console. If something falls upon your system there's less chance of damage without a protuberance to catch the brunt of the impact.

For long term storage I'd usually say "out", but if you happen to have a Sega Saturn and an Action Reply 4M Plus for it that's a different matter. Once you get that thing seated properly and working your best bet is going to be to leave that little devil right where it is and not touch it for as long as you live. :lol:

Also, if you're just using a flash cart in your system and rarely (if ever) swap carts then I don't see the harm in just leaving the cart in there. It'll probably put less wear and tear on the console just leaving the flash cart in in then pulling it out after each gaming session and reinserting it every time you want to play a game.

Personally, I always keep a cart of some kind riding in all my handheld consoles; and in my 25'ish years of gaming I've never had a problem with the contacts on any of them. :)

Edited by Jin