IGNORED

Who is going to buy the Playstation VR this October?

Bilnick

There was a local event at Gamestop where you could try out the PS VR.

I would like to start by saying I was pretty anti-VR before trying it.

I got to play 4 of the 5 demos.

EVE Valkyire, VR Worlds, Battlezone, and SUPERHYPERCUBE.

Valkyire was the highlight of those.

Just need to find out how I can justify $500 for a big purchase. Lol

• Like 2

@Xybot67:

That is the very real concern a lot of PS3 and PS4 owning people i know have concerning PS4 VR...

Sony made a lot of noise as it were concerning support for the PSP, then Vita (Bioshock anyone? ) along with Move, 3D TV gaming (a rather impressive Killzone tech demo, etc), so bought in, but were left with things like the Move and Vita gathering dust...

Sony have a real chance here to hit the ground running, they've won over a good few who initally had their doubts, but IMO they have a very long road yet to travel.

Things are sounding very promising though based on feedback based on likes of VR:Battlezone and Club Drive.

Sony just need to ensure they keep the flow of must have VR games coming after the inital wave/novelty for many wears off.

• 1 month later...

I hadn't grabbed a PS4 yet (cash was the main one) - so I'm waiting for the Neo/Pro to hit, and I'll be grabbing that, then PS VR. Truth be told, I'm okay with waiting a bit for it, because I'm really, really psyched for Minter's Polybius (but Battlezone, Super Stardust Ultra are also games which are looking seriously down my alley).

I think it's got the potential - and if developers do treat it right, I think there'll be some interesting experiences for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h93Gokilr8k

I got the base unit with one Move controller, already had the camera and another Move controller. Getting it Saturday. Not that I am super excited anymore, since I have had one hooked up to the PS4 Pro for weeks. :D

That said, what are your thoughts on it? I'm curious how it compares to other VR solutions. Seems like PSVR will be the "poor man's" VR gateway, and I've got my eyes on it for that reason. It may get me to buy a PS4 if it's good enough.

That said, what are your thoughts on it? I'm curious how it compares to other VR solutions. Seems like PSVR will be the "poor man's" VR gateway, and I've got my eyes on it for that reason. It may get me to buy a PS4 if it's good enough.

I would hardly call it a poor man's VR gateway. PSVR is a very well designed and solid piece of hardware. I don't have either a Xbox One or PS4 (360 was my last or most recent console as I'm more into PC gaming) but this is going to get me to jump into the current generation of consoles.

I would hardly call it a poor man's VR gateway. PSVR is a very well designed and solid piece of hardware. I don't have either a Xbox One or PS4 (360 was my last or most recent console as I'm more into PC gaming) but this is going to get me to jump into the current generation of consoles.

Regardless of its quality, my statement was in regards to its price. It's considerably cheaper to go the PS4 VR route than it is the Oculus or HTC Vive route (if you want to do those the right way, anyway, which requires a monster rig).

Regardless of its quality, my statement was in regards to its price. It's considerably cheaper to go the PS4 VR route than it is the Oculus or HTC Vive route (if you want to do those the right way, anyway, which requires a monster rig).

I suppose. If you have a recent computer within the last few years you could easily get a capable video card and Rift for roughly around the same price as a PS4 Pro and PSVR setup complete, considering it's going to be pushing close to $1,000 after taxes (if you're paying them) and a single full price retail game. Sure, it'll be a little more but not by that much.

Edited by Clint Thompson

My best friend has a developer kit for two other VR kits and when he played with the PSVR, he said "WOW, crisp". If you want bang for your buck, get this and forget about Oculus and company. ;)

EDIT: 50 Million PS4's around, not nearly enough PC's that can handle Oculus (~$1700), do the math. Although I have to admit, that with the extra gizmo, I forget what it is called right now, Rift is pretty good too.

• Like 1

I'm considering buying the newer PS4 model, partly in case I do decide to get the VR set later (I saw it at 550-700 dollars here in town so... hm.) but after reading some reviews about poor tracking issues I may hold off on that.

(Getting the VR portion anyway. All Sony needs to do for me to get the PS4 itself is to make sure they have enough games I want to get.)

I'm considering buying the newer PS4 model, partly in case I do decide to get the VR set later (I saw it at 550-700 dollars here in town so... hm.) but after reading some reviews about poor tracking issues I may hold off on that.

(Getting the VR portion anyway. All Sony needs to do for me to get the PS4 itself is to make sure they have enough games I want to get.)

Strange because I've read nothing but positive things about the tracking and from personal experience, feel like it's really solid. Where did you read that at?