IGNORED

Overwhelmed

Not to thread-jack, but I thought instead of starting a new topic I would ask here. Is there a way to setup the C64 to connect to a PC like the Atari 8-bits can with RespeQt?

Edited by TPA5

@TPA5: There is a DOS program called 64HDD that connects an older PC through the parallel port to a C64, and behaves a bit like a floppy drive. However it doesn't emulate a floppy drive which means software that would try to reprogram the 1541 with custom fastloaders will fail, just like the lower end SD2IEC based devices do.

To the original poster, feel free to check older threads on this topic. Here is a recent one with a lot of tips:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/245585-good-games-for-c64/

Also consider checking the Top 100 on Lemon64: http://www.lemon64.com/games/votes_list.php

• Like 1

You can start with this - all the disk images I've downloaded so far. Most of which are arcade translations. There's about 250 games there.

For those who wondered, I've tested a ton of retro computer systems now. Thanks again for the zip, Vector. I'm pleased to announce that, so far, I love this system the best! The newer ones like Amiga and ST are cool as well (I think I'm a Commodore guy--Amiga seems to mostly have the advantage, although I tried Lode Runner on ST and it is TIGHT), but I like the graphic quality and ports on the C64! Looking to get one sometime relatively soon as long as my wife doesn't kill me!

Hi, I'm new to C64 and just kind of getting a feel for it all at the moment. With the gigantic glut of games, where does one start? I'd love a good collection...but since I was so young and this is all new to me I figure you all are the best to talk to.

Some of the fun with classic computers is discovering (and re-discovering) everything they have to offer. I had a C64 and other classic rigs back in the day and I'm still discovering new games and tricks.

Just proceed at your own pace and build up and accumulate the things you like.

• Like 1