IGNORED

Any Gamegear recommendations if I like Lynx games?

sirlynxalot

Wondering if anyone has any sega gamegear recommendations. Here are some lynx games I like, if there is anything in the gamegear library that is similar, I would be interested to investigate. I'm much more into games that are a little obscure and were not long running franchises such as shinobi, sonic, streets of rage, mortal kombat, etc. I know Marble Madness is on GG, and that seems like a must have, and as an Atari arcade title, a game that would have fit in very naturally in the lynx library. I'm also interested in Lemmings on GG since it is a very common and cheap title on GG and I haven't picked it up on lynx yet.

Games I like on lynx:

-Zarlor Mercenary
-Gates of Zendocon
-California Games
-Roadblasters
-Qix
-Hard Drivin'
-STUN Runner
-Chip's Challenge

Edited by sirlynxalot

I too have thought along these lines in the past. A tough one to suddenly come up with as the GG library is so big so I'll have a think. For now I'll say that blue lightning could be compared to G Loc, you could try halley wars and did you know there is a recently released downloadable rom for lemmings 2 on GG. There is a thread here where I attempted to encourage a release of this on lynx but to no avail yet!!

GG Road Rash is somehow my perceived equivalent to Road Riot (4WD).

Also definitely check out the GG cart of Super Off Road :)

Other than that, well, i love the GG "Mappy", this would have been great on the Lynx as well i think.

(Marble Madness does exist on the Lynx, but only as a homebrew few level demo on the S.I.M.I.S. card.) http://www.monlynx.de/lynx/simis/index.html, as one of the # "5. Specials" :) )

Edited by Atari_afternoon

I like the game gear and all (since I work on a lot of them now), but after getting a Nomad... it just doesn't seem to make sense to have a GG. The Nomad has such a better library of games, being a genesis and all.

Two different systems with different characteristics. I never lost love for GG when I got my Nomad. Particularly as storage of the megadrive carts was bad in the portable sence. Same problem with the supaboy.

Two different systems with different characteristics. I never lost love for GG when I got my Nomad. Particularly as storage of the megadrive carts was bad in the portable sence. Same problem with the supaboy.

True, I'll probably hang on to a least one game gear.. I have to get galaga though. That's my fav. game!