IGNORED

Stadium Events cib huh

The guys reputation stands for itself. If you know anything about him you know that 1) his collection is insane 2) has been advocating for collectors for years and 3) done everything in his power to stop eBay collectors from abusing the sealed game market. So you are absolutely delusional if you think he has to prove something to you. Get real.

I could care less what he owns or what he has done in the past. He has no reputation as far as I am concerned. Anyone who lies and manipulates for personal gain has no reputation.

How about he refund those people he sold a stupid ass fresh off his Cannon printer copy paper print-out of "stadium events coming soon".

He said he was not going to sell his imaginary games, then he said he was going to sell his imaginary games, then he personally created a thread on NA that lasted about 12 hrs called "Atwood lied Stadium Events Won't be on eBay".

It had so many f-bombs and people pissed they probably had no choice but to delete it. You can think he is a holy savior all you want but to me he did nothing but sell some copy paper with a hole cut-out for $250 + each.

I don't believe he has any NDA's. I don't believe he had 3 cases of the sealed stadium events, or that he sold a single sealed stadium events. I think he just wants people to think there are 12 more copies out there than there was before. Not that I really care how many are out there because I don't collect sealed and if I did I wouldn't pay anything for that game anyhow.

The guy did absolutely nothing beneficial to the hobby over this Stadium Events horseshit. I thought the guy was cool at first then realized he was full of shit. Believe what you want. If you want to believe he sold 12 sealed stadium events that can never exist go right ahead.

Anybody interested in a poster? I am going to sell 12 sealed stadium events next month.... but wait they will all be private sales that I will choose buyers for and only charge "hardly anything for" each. I will make everyone sign an NDA that prevents them from ever proving these games exist and my goal of screwing over the resellers will be accomplished as I used my good word to let people know there are not 2 copies but there are now 2 real copies and 18 "Atwood says" copies in which 12 are in the hands of collectors.

Idiots are born everyday lol.

• Like 1

So was the intention of all of this to go after the uber-Nintendoage hoarders and watch them squirm as their supposed investments shrank with the introduction of so many rare games into the the hands of new collectors? My only knowledge of this is from Pat and Ian's podcast so my conclusion may be way off but that's the initial theme I'm getting from all of this.

I didn't have any intentions, more like unintended consequences. None of this would be happening, if Tom hadn't talked me into letting him post the case picture. So you can blame him.

I never knew of Pat until someone sent me the link to his podcast. I guess, the rest of this was a bonus.

Edited by This-is-Tim

I could care less what he owns or what he has done in the past. He has no reputation as far as I am concerned. Anyone who lies and manipulates for personal gain has no reputation.

How about he refund those people he sold a stupid ass fresh off his Cannon printer copy paper print-out of "stadium events coming soon".

He said he was not going to sell his imaginary games, then he said he was going to sell his imaginary games, then he personally created a thread on NA that lasted about 12 hrs called "Atwood lied Stadium Events Won't be on eBay".

It had so many f-bombs and people pissed they probably had no choice but to delete it. You can think he is a holy savior all you want but to me he did nothing but sell some copy paper with a hole cut-out for $250 + each.

I don't believe he has any NDA's. I don't believe he had 3 cases of the sealed stadium events, or that he sold a single sealed stadium events. I think he just wants people to think there are 12 more copies out there than there was before. Not that I really care how many are out there because I don't collect sealed and if I did I wouldn't pay anything for that game anyhow.

The guy did absolutely nothing beneficial to the hobby over this Stadium Events horseshit. I thought the guy was cool at first then realized he was full of shit. Believe what you want. If you want to believe he sold 12 sealed stadium events that can never exist go right ahead.

Anybody interested in a poster? I am going to sell 12 sealed stadium events next month.... but wait they will all be private sales that I will choose buyers for and only charge "hardly anything for" each. I will make everyone sign an NDA that prevents them from ever proving these games exist and my goal of screwing over the resellers will be accomplished as I used my good word to let people know there are not 2 copies but there are now 2 real copies and 18 "Atwood says" copies in which 12 are in the hands of collectors.

Idiots are born everyday lol.

Apparently you didn't read the NA threads. Here I'll even help you out with a few of my own quotes.

Back in Dec of 2013, I let my wife list a Mario Arcade. She had 3 descent offers on it. One for $4k, $5k and another for $10.5k. I didn't let her accept any of those offer, because they weren't the right person. They were resellers, selling with high BIN's. My rarer games aren't listed for the money, rather to find a deserving person that will cherish the game. I sold the Mario to someone I met, when I first started on ebay, back in 2001. I hadn't talked to him in years, but I knew he was a Mario lover. I made him come to my home, to pick it up. I wanted to see the expression on his face when I handed it to him. That was well worth the $1.”

http://www.atwoodcs.com/atwoodtm/marioauction/ma.html

"You seem like a level headed individual, so I'll talk with you for a moment. I also have principles. Money isn't everything. I'll give you a few examples.

The power Punch 2 game that sold; the winner wanted to cancel so I offered it to no. 2 with the 2nd chance. No, 2 would have won the game cheaper than the 2nd chance offer, if the winner hadn't bid. So I refunded that buyer the difference after he received the game and was happy.

The poster I sold; There were 3 bidder in the $255+ range, The winner at $270, 2nd $265 and 3rd $255. I probably could have sold more by offering to 4,5,6 ect. That wouldn't be fair to ones that paid $255+, so I only sold 2 of them, numbered 1/2 and 2/2. I figured the winnings were unbegotten gains, because it was a joke auction. The profits were donated."

"For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil"

I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else, I only answer to one and it certainly isn't you, starshooter.

• Like 1

Apparently you didn't read the NA threads. Here I'll even help you out with a few of my own quotes.

You seem to have missed where I said I don't believe anything you say. I read your Mario Arcade speech... to me that is all it is. Just like your so called NDA stadium events sales in which the only proof is nothing other than "your word" so is the Mario arcade. Just as is how you donated your copy paper signed "posters" money to charity.... again on your word.

There is a lot of "on your word" here but not a single lick of proof. Whatever man. Don't worry about me and what I think. I learned long ago believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see.

Let me ask you this though? Why in the world do you feel the need to keep the sales of the 12 sealed stadium events hidden. Come on tell me it. There are 100 billion things you could have put in the maybe real NDA's such as "price must be kept secret and buyer can not sell for whatever reasons". There however is NO benefit to not allowing people to come out and say "yeah I got one of these", this guy is the real deal. He is an awesome person. But no you keep it hidden... WHY?

Shut me up, please do. Prove me wrong. Allow the 12 elite chosen to say they own one. Let them come forward with pics and prove they exist. What harm can it cause? I will always believe you are just pissed off at someone and want to make the world think there are more of these sealed games out there than there really is. Until these sales or donations, whatever you want to call them are proven real to me they will have never happened.

You seem to have missed where I said I don't believe anything you say. I read your Mario Arcade speech... to me that is all it is. Just like your so called NDA stadium events sales in which the only proof is nothing other than "your word" so is the Mario arcade. Just as is how you donated your copy paper signed "posters" money to charity.... again on your word.

There is a lot of "on your word" here but not a single lick of proof. Whatever man. Don't worry about me and what I think. I learned long ago believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see.

Let me ask you this though? Why in the world do you feel the need to keep the sales of the 12 sealed stadium events hidden. Come on tell me it. There are 100 billion things you could have put in the maybe real NDA's such as "price must be kept secret and buyer can not sell for whatever reasons". There however is NO benefit to not allowing people to come out and say "yeah I got one of these", this guy is the real deal. He is an awesome person. But no you keep it hidden... WHY?

Shut me up, please do. Prove me wrong. Allow the 12 elite chosen to say they own one. Let them come forward with pics and prove they exist. What harm can it cause? I will always believe you are just pissed off at someone and want to make the world think there are more of these sealed games out there than there really is. Until these sales or donations, whatever you want to call them are proven real to me they will have never happened.

These are the only suppositories I will be giving you so, use them wisely.

http://atwoodcs.com/refunds/refunds.html

I'll also tell you what provision in the NDA's the people love the most, that receive my games. That's the provision that protects them. People don't know who has these games so they can't be hounded by people like you.

These are the only suppositories I will be giving you so, use them wisely.

http://atwoodcs.com/refunds/refunds.html

I'll also tell you what provision in the NDA's the people love the most, that receive my games. That's the provision that protects them. People don't know who has these games so they can't be hounded by people like you.

People like me... ok dude. Seriously I have zero interest in owning this game and if I had it "in any condition sealed or not" it would be sold in an instant. You are under some strange delusion I care who owns this and that I would try and buy it from them LOL.

Thanks for showing me the refunds you gave, why the hell wouldn't you? I mean shit you only have over 700 feedback but forgot how to make an auction that specifically avoids confusion over whether they are buying 1 game or a whole damn case.

I guess it's understandable as you also forgot how to take a clear picture of the case of stadium events as well. As far as I know that pic was taken 10 years ago before cameras had good quality and might be an empty case. As much as I enjoy our chats I have way too much stuff to attend to that actually matters instead of arguing over what games you own, sold, or didn't.

Thanks for clearing up everything though, it was a huge help :)

People like me... ok dude. Seriously I have zero interest in owning this game and if I had it "in any condition sealed or not" it would be sold in an instant. You are under some strange delusion I care who owns this and that I would try and buy it from them LOL.

Thanks for showing me the refunds you gave, why the hell wouldn't you? I mean shit you only have over 700 feedback but forgot how to make an auction that specifically avoids confusion over whether they are buying 1 game or a whole damn case.

I guess it's understandable as you also forgot how to take a clear picture of the case of stadium events as well. As far as I know that pic was taken 10 years ago before cameras had good quality and might be an empty case. As much as I enjoy our chats I have way too much stuff to attend to that actually matters instead of arguing over what games you own, sold, or didn't.

Thanks for clearing up everything though, it was a huge help :)

Next time, try asking a question before calling someone a liar. Most of those that thought I was selling the case in the first auctions were resellers. I even had an idiot win the Power Punch 2 the second time around and thought it was for the case, another reseller that didn't take the time to read the description. If a beautiful lady was holding on a game in a picture, would that mean she comes with it?

As far as the SE case picture, I used the same camera as I use for the auction pics. I even provided a screenshot with the picture properties. It was my picture and I released it the way I wanted. Be grateful it was released at all, instead of complaining.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Tim Atwood should feel proud for being in the "Temporarily Banned by NintendoAge for Speaking Truth to Power" club. Hopefully Pat Contri will get there someday, the club could use a few more members. Good for both men for speaking out against hoarding, price fixing, market cornering, general trollishness, money is my God and the rest of the evils to which certain members and moderators of NintendoAge subscribe. Shame on NintendoAge, even for the temporary ban.

Edited by Great Hierophant

Please bear with me while I don an oxygen mask and pray my little Cessna 150 climbs to altitude.

While we wait, can someone please explain to me why there has to be an NDA involved in buying a videogame cartridge? And what is the big deal surrounding Stadium Events anyways?

Edited by Keatah

While we wait, can someone please explain to me why there has to be an NDA involved in buying a videogame cartridge? And what is the big deal surrounding Stadium Events anyways?

NDA's are needed so people like you and me can't hound others for their uber rare games. Yeah apparently people are so dumb that in order for them to not tell people what they don't want people to know they have to sign a document to ensure they don't tell people what they don't want to tell people.

Cliff notes.

A horrible resolution picture of a case of sealed stadium events was released to prove resellers are not the only ones who have games.

Then 12 NDA's for past sales were mentioned in an ebay listing for some copy paper with a square cut out of the middle announcing more sales of sealed stadium events that sold for hundreds.

Then those sales of sealed stadium events were cancelled but it is ok as the sealed game market had already been destroyed and resellers learned their lessons.

• Like 1

Ridiculous! What is it about Stadium Sports that makes it so desirable? I found the ROM and the PDF manual and to me it's like any other "B" game.

It seems collectors unwittingly/unknowingly seek out something at random and assign it a holy-grail status for no good reason. Many platforms have this.

And the items that are genuinely historical or rare garner little or no attention. It makes no sense. It's like the collectard brain is scrambled or short circuited in a way the common man doesn't understand.

Stadium Events was pulled shortly after it's release as Nintendo wanted the rights to the power pad and purchased the rights to the Power Pad and SE from Bandai "as far as I know". They Changed SE to World Class Track Meet. Essentially one of the rarest games is exactly the same as one of the most common games. I think of SE as just a label variant myself. The only reason to own it is just to have it. It is a horrible game and if for some reason you like it, all you have to do is pop in WCTM for the exact same gameplay.

• Like 1

Stadium Events was pulled shortly after it's release as Nintendo wanted the rights to the power pad and purchased the rights to the Power Pad and SE from Bandai "as far as I know". They Changed SE to World Class Track Meet. Essentially one of the rarest games is exactly the same as one of the most common games. I think of SE as just a label variant myself. The only reason to own it is just to have it. It is a horrible game and if for some reason you like it, all you have to do is pop in WCTM for the exact same gameplay.

I was going to mention I dumped the ROM as well and my friend has WCTM and it seems the same really. I just wonder though now how limited quantity was it really? I know some numbers were mentioned earlier in this stream but I wonder how accurate that might really be or if someday we will get another Atari landfill Bandai style.

I just wonder though now how limited quantity was it really? I know some numbers were mentioned earlier in this stream but I wonder how accurate that might really be or if someday we will get another Atari landfill Bandai style.

No one knows for sure. They are becoming more frequent in the public light however. Maybe some millionaire recluse bought thousands of copies on release and they are sitting in some mansion.

There doesn't have to be an NDA but some buyers request them. I'll give you a quick personal anecdote to try and have it make more sense. There was a streamer I would watch regularly who had a loyal donator to his channel,lets call him "K". Over time,this K donated around $20,000 to the streamer. It was in public view as the streamer had a "top donators" list in view and K was at the top. Now, it became clear that this guy had a fuckload of money and people started begging him to donate to their channel and ask him for loans. K eventually asked the streamer to remove his name because that's all people did,was ask him for money. Now its not hard to see when someone has something perceived as rare that they might have lots of money or other rare items. There are scumbags out there who want to try and scam or ask for money when they know the person could "afford" to give it to them. In that light, its not hard to see why they would want to remain anonymous.Thus,the NDA.

The big deal with stadium events in general is that its a rare/valuable cartridge that historically has been hard to come by.

TL:DR - People want NDA's to remain anonymous. SE is hard to find in the wild.

• Like 1

Berial at least give accurate info to the situation. This was stated in the auction:

"Let it be known that everyone who signed a NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENTS, including the 12 individuals that already received this game from me, ARE NOT released from those agreements."

This pretty much means any NDA's were forced onto the buyer, people did not ask for these. Plus trying to link a story about how much money someone has again has little relevance to this situation as it was stated all "supposedly sold" 12 games were sold for less than what the last one sold for.

This is really a stupid thread to keep going anyhow. Fact is whether 1 sealed SE exist or 500 sealed SE exist it does not matter at all as NONE are for sale. The game market was unchanged, resellers were unchanged, and the value of SE was unchanged. The ONLY fact is this has made me $$. I bet I have sold about 6 SE reproductions "marked reproduction might I add" since this whole fiasco.

Keep up the good work, any insight on the next game you guys plan on hyping up? I want to highlight it in my shop.

• Like 1

I just checked my shops stats and for the year Stadium Events has got 1847 views and I don't think I have had it listed this entire year. In the last 30 days alone it has got 619 views. I can't even begin to think how many sales I got based off of this games hype. It has completely passed Little Samson and Castlevania Dracula x Views and those were top dogs. Right now LS and CDX only have a little over 200 views for last 30 days. SE has brought more views to my shop than both of those combined. LOL someone is marketing right.

Yep. This thread cements my feelings that hardcore retro video game collectors are some of the most loathesome, egotistical, greedy, disgusting people on the planet.

Go research movie poster collectors. They have the distinction of being in the top spot.

• Like 1

Go research movie poster collectors. They have the distinction of being in the top spot.

Yep. This thread cements my feelings that hardcore retro video game collectors are some of the most loathesome, egotistical, greedy, disgusting people on the planet.

Keep it real, guys. There are people on this planet who collect stuffed gorillas, elephant feet turned into umbrella stands and rhinoceros horns because they think it makes their little soldier harder.

Y'know, someone could just claim to be a purchaser (despite not actually owning such a thing). There is no NDA to enforce, and it is logically impossible to prove a negative.

No one other than me knows if I really do have a Stadium Events cartridge in my collection. (And even I do not remember what may be in those boxes in the back of my storage room... :ponder:)

Keep it real, guys. There are people on this planet who collect stuffed gorillas, elephant feet turned into umbrella stands and rhinoceros horns because they think it makes their little soldier harder.

My post was referring to the collectors destroying doubles of original prints to keep the value high.

I've seen posts about this on multiple forum sites and in my Facebook feed. This is all waaaay too serious.

What being exposed to collecting has done is really make me appreciate the hold that OCD has over some people. Why else would you want to pay thousands for a game like SE? I don't mean that as a dig on people with OCD, that is a bonafide disorder that afflicts people of all types. However, I feel for you if you can't get it under control enough to avoid buying something so meaningless as this. Spend money on a therapist instead.

<backs away slowly>

• Like 3