IGNORED

ABBUC Softwarecompetition 2016

skr

Yeah, looks like you are the closest Atari enthusiast to me :)

No worries, you'll here from me for sure once Abbucc is finished... Have some ideas of incorporating your Effectus compiler into my game maker so will need help. Slovenia is on my list for visit so expect a call once we start going your way :)

Nothing better than discussing 6502 code over barbecue and glass of cold drink ;)

Great to hear that. You are welcome here, cold drink is waiting :) No doubt, it will surely be a good discussion, I like to talk a lot.

No problem, I will help you as much as I can with Effectus. And more, project will continue after ABBUC competition. Lot of code reworking is planned with new features.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just three weeks left... who's in this year?

attachicon.gifescg.PNG

Trying as much as I can :)

Managed to grab an hour of free time here and there... Most of graphics, sfx and music is working. Just missing simple stuff like main game ;)

It's going to be one mad weekend with buckets of coffee before deadline :)

• Like 3

Thank you to all of the entrants for using their free time, and for those that wanted to but could not do the dead line then maybe next year?

All the work you guys do from organising the comp, to running ABBUC and software (and hardware) producers, we love your work..

Thank you..

Paul..

• Like 3

I've got my game elements more or less working, just a couple of technical things to fix, am hoping I can keep most of the last week free to pull it all together. Still hoping for someone to help with the graphics/layouts :P

I've got right back into assembly programming after a year or so off, it's really enjoyable. Strangely I've not got a name for my game yet. A couple of problems to work out but it's going well! While I wait for my 130XE to run it's latest MAC/65 assemble...

Still open to anyone wanting to help out (it will be a Space Themed Vertical Scroller, I know, imagine that!)

PMGs - Single player PMGs / animations

Playfields - Single character set playfield design, can be from scratch or just laying out some maps using what I have done already. Will be Antic 5 / Graphics 13 again (like in Ramp Rage) but more colours can be use for the design as I will have less features.

Title Screen!

Sound effects - not time for a complex system so would be some simple ones perhaps created in basic and give me the values?

:)

• Like 2

Thank you to all of the entrants for using their free time, and for those that wanted to but could not do the dead line then maybe next year?

Nahhh, can't postpone it one more year :)

Checking old code and seeing something like '2013' in date of some files makes me go "wtf have I been doing for three years?" and realise it's all about real life getting in way of important stuff like coding retro games ;)

So, this year it's v1.0 even if it's not the game I want it to be. Next year is reserved for "the game - sequel" :)

Hello popmiloYou should try Caf-Pow!

lol, you got me there, been drinking it already, will have to use double dose ;)

• Like 3

Nahhh, can't postpone it one more year :)

So, this year it's v1.0 even if it's not the game I want it to be. Next year is reserved for "the game - sequel" :)

Good decission! At some point, you have to release it. Even if you want it to be "more".

If i would have waited til Dimo's Quest is exaktly like i want it to be - well - um - i have still a lot of work to do for the cart version two years after release now...

so, release it! You can make it "bigger" after the ABBUC Competition as well...

Maybe you wanna share a screenshot with us?

• Like 3

Hey...been playing a little Mad Marbles today, http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-mad-marbles_3087.html, scoping out the competition.

Haha, I think that was my first game back then, coded on paper during a boring holiday with my Atari some hundred kilometers away, in 1990 or so ;)...

This year's ABBUC entry is actually my second ever pure Assembler game (after Floppy Bird in 2014), again in less than 1kB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUmIMILaKcY

At least we're enough participants now that the contest can actually start off :)!

Edited by freetz
  • Like 3

Haha, I think that was my first game back then, coded on paper during a boring holiday with my Atari some hundred kilometers away, in 1990 or so ;)...

This year's ABBUC entry is actually my second ever pure Assembler game (after Floppy Bird in 2014), again in less than 1kB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUmIMILaKcY

At least we're enough participants now that the contest can actually start off :)!

Nice.

(P) 2014 for ABBUC only in 16?

:grin:

I've never entered, and might not enter this year either :)

lol, so it's not exactly news when I say it....but anyway, I haven't commented in a while :-)

I could still finish, but demands on my time have become extreme. If I fail to finish, I will just release my game in August.

• Like 1