IGNORED

Suggested play order of C64 AD&D games?

In my purchase of C128 yesterday, it had several AD&D game disks, all legit original. It almost looks like complete library of C64 AD&D games.

Is there a suggested play order? I tried AD&D Dark Queen of Krynn years ago but gave up when the save became corrupt after I got pretty far in, later I find out Dark Queen had some bugs and eventually I sold the DOS version of the game.

Sadly SSI never finished any of the AD&D series on the C64.

I'd say play them in the order of the storylines, because I think you can transfer characters in some respects (memory failing here, been so long since I played them)? So Pools, Hillsfar if you fancy it, Curse and then Silver Blades. Champions and then Death Knights of Krynn (imo the best two Gold Box games). Maybe Savage Frontier if you fancy it, but I didn't think it was that great.

I remember playing these on my Tandy 1000 EX . . . until the games got too advanced for that system.

The Forgotten Realms games go Pools of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, and Pools of Darkness. If you start with Pools of Radiance and build up your characters in that game, you can then import them into Curse, then Silver Blades, and finally Pools of Darkness. At least, you could in the versions I played.

The Dragonlance games go Champions of Krynn, Death Knights of Krynn, and Dark Queen of Krynn.

I never played the Savage Frontier games.