IGNORED

HSC13 Round 9: Mr.M

Mr.M

by Anthony Ku, erm... that's all I know, so let's see if Dope's pick is up for 2 weeks of play! The game has the story and instructions on the title screen :) Fandal has XEX, Atarionline.pl has XEX & ATRs, and Atarimania has some info >>> Scott - 16/11/2009
I went to Atari Camp with Anthony years ago (1984 I believe.) He finished the game while at camp. I got a copy of the game from him but it was missing the last level - which everyone says is the best. I wonder if the downloadable version has the last level? Might be worth, getting the old 130XE up a running again.

<<<

mr._m.png

Round ends Sunday 12th June 10am UK time

PLAY ATARI

Mr M 38480.

This game can be very frustrating cos Mr M sometimes gets stuck on the walls. Perhaps that's supposed to be part of the game but I doubt it.

In certain places in the levels he can get stuck to the point where it's very difficult to get him free.

Also I got to the third level and it doesn't seem to work properly. I think you're supposed to be able to transport from the right-hand side to the left side of the screen using the tunnels but it seems more often than not he gets stuck leaving the screen. In fact I only got it to work once, perhaps I'm doing it wrong?

Edit: Kept playing for another hour or so. It's a good game but there seem to be inconsistencies. Sometimes the radioactive pies seem to pass through the food and sometimes they don't, and sometimes they don't kill you when they hit you.

On the third level if you let him 'drift' through the tunnels and don't touch the joystick he passes through without getting stuck, most of the time!

Edited by McKong

Mr M 38480.

This game can be very frustrating cos Mr M sometimes gets stuck on the walls. Perhaps that's supposed to be part of the game but I doubt it.

In certain places in the levels he can get stuck to the point where it's very difficult to get him free.

Also I got to the third level and it doesn't seem to work properly. I think you're supposed to be able to transport from the right-hand side to the left side of the screen using the tunnels but it seems more often than not he gets stuck leaving the screen. In fact I only got it to work once, perhaps I'm doing it wrong?

Edit: Kept playing for another hour or so. It's a good game but there seem to be inconsistencies. Sometimes the radioactive pies seem to pass through the food and sometimes they don't, and sometimes they don't kill you when they hit you.

On the third level if you let him 'drift' through the tunnels and don't touch the joystick he passes through without getting stuck, most of the time!

If you press the fire button he shrinks in size...sorta like ducking but yea..I get stuck on the walls as well...wonder if it has to do with the emulator?

Edited by NIKON
  • Like 1

on the first screen a door opens at the top, but if you eat all the dots another door opens. I will play some more at the weekend. I tried the K-File ATR from ataronline.pl, on the title screen there was a glitch with the top guy's pmg appearing on the bottom half - moving in the text box!

No bonus game :-o :idea:

:twisted:

No, so there's a chance for you two have two goes of this game and even win the round :grin:

• Like 1

Yeah if you line up correctly he can catch a pie without getting killed. Still doesn't make any sense why some pies fly through the food and others don't. Still it doesn't really matter I've enjoyed playing the game. I've lost lots of lives trying to get out of the exit at the top of level 6 haven't managed it yet

• Like 1

on the first screen a door opens at the top, but if you eat all the dots another door opens. I will play some more at the weekend. I tried the K-File ATR from ataronline.pl, on the title screen there was a glitch with the top guy's pmg appearing on the bottom half - moving in the text box!

:twisted:

No, so there's a chance for you two have two goes of this game and even win the round :grin:

Hehe, you are so right. Last round I had just one go for almost every game.

• Like 1

I've still not figured out how to do the screen with the moving paths - I can't get up the first bit and when I tried the "door" on the bottom right it killed me?!

First tables

1st Dope (n) 116,445 12pts
2nd McKong (p) 104,845 11pts
3rd JK40001 (p) 29,970 10pts
4th therealbountybob (p) 29,000 9pts
5th Sikor (p) 9,595 8pts
6th roadrunner (n) 6,635 7pts

Round 10 Poll *O*P*E*N*

:)

Had a quick go (Top 5 contender for most ridiculous premise for a game :D ).

Now i've realised Mr M's trousers are indestructible, I will change my strategy.

post-4833-0-89215200-1465159128_thumb.png

Edited by jdh
  • Like 1