IGNORED

Help getting wav files recorede to cassette

allannon

I was given a nice cassette cable at FestWest (thanks again!) but am of the opinion that for the PC, a stereo cassette cable is warranted for cheap USB audio interface usage. Particularly since cheap USB audio interface usage is probably the right way to do it--isolates from the noise inside the computer, and you won't have random PC sounds messing up your data transfer.

I think an MP3 player will work. Put the WAV files on there. If you have a cassette interface cable for TI, just plug it into the MP3 player headphone jack. Press "play" on the MP3 player at the appropriate time. Experiment with the volume level.

I may try this myself very soon.

Going to give this a try with an MP3 player. When I got my TI several years ago there were a couple of CDs full of cassette programs thrown in the auction. I have a cassette cable. Will be interesting to see how it works.

• Like 2

To get an idea how to work with the cassette in MAME, try first in TI BASIC. Use the OSD menu, go to File manager, mount a new wave file or create a new one. Enter some BASIC program, then save on CS1. You have to do all cassette operations via the menu item "Tape control". For convenience, do not step out of the menu with ESC but use TAB only to switch between the emulation and the OSD.

One thing to note: For some obscure reason (I'm not too familiar with that subsystem), the cassette emulation is stereo, which does not affect the console emulation. However, it seems as if there were two separate recordings, one of them shifted by some seconds. In "Slider controls" you should pull down the volume of one of the channels of "cass_out" so that you don't get a "chorus" of two data recordings.

As always, don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 1