IGNORED

Retrocomputing in small spaces

As the vice president of the Dallas Amiga User Group I offer you our help and assistance and hope your join our user meetings which we have live streamed every month.

And I suggest either a Amiga 1200, 600, or Amiga CD with a LCD monitor. :D

PM for more meeting information.

That's really cool of you to offer. I'm legally blind and close proximity to CRTs gives me nasty headaches, so LCDs are already a given. If you're streaming, I'm very interested. I don't drive, and I'm in Portland, so Dallas is a fair bit of a walk for me. :D

As I said, I had previously been looking at A600s because they were functional if what you wanted to do was play some games, but had PCMCIA so you could easily do CF storage. All good stuff there--all you need then is some way to deal with 15kHz video. I don't know where you find the video connector these days, but I've got a Gonbes board which did okay for my IIgs until I got a VGA board for it. I guess there's a VGA solution for it now, and that's what kinda made the price go up.

I wish my finances were a little better at the moment, some Apple guys arranged for me to be able to go to KansasFest this year and I know some people in the Dallas area and I think they're all coming. Of course that means a two week trip and I've gotta pay for food for half of it. Fixed disability income, etc, so I'm broke 'til at least August, and possibly September. But I'm totally interested then! I probably should be a little more interested in storage solutions first, but one more machine won't kill me before I do that right?

(Katie is going to KILL me...)