IGNORED

Wisdom Tree Plug and Play Kickstarter!

Hello!

We just launched a Kickstarter for a Wisdom Tree Plug and Play.

The device will be called the Arkade and will feature all the 8 bit Wisdom Tree titles inside a Plug and Play controller.

We are also adding rewards like NES Multicarts, Sega Genesis Multicarts, and PC physical releases.

Please check it out and if it is something that interest you support the KS, if you can share it along with your friends and family!

Link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1549719931/the-arkade-a-classic-christian-video-game-plug-and

Thanks!!

• Like 4

If I didn't know that Wisdom Tree made Super Noah's Ark 3D available on Steam, I'd though this is a joke.

But.... You are serious, are you?

It's soo silly I'm in!

The game came out last year on Steam and does very well! it was made with a lot of effort into an HD Remake and a lot of people enjoy it!

If you like oldschool first person shooters, you should give it a try!

Props for getting Guru Larry to do your video, BUT- why is the controller all grey and official-looking? If it's not baby blue, it just doesn't feel like Wisdom Tree!

I'm not joking, the proper NES-controller design is genuinely off-putting to me for this product.

I'm also a bit confused by your cabling choices... composite video with usb power? That seems odd. If it was HDMI/USB, many people could just plug both ends into their TV (since most that have one, have both)and be good. People who haven't upgraded to anything with HDMI probably won't have easy access to USB. As far as just using an AC adapter you already own- your USB is on a short wire with the composite plugs. In my setup, my composite in and my power strip are a good 3-4 feet apart. I couldn't possibly use an AC adapter! I know it's a prototype, but I feel like there's some serious redesigning that needs to happen there.

Edited by HoshiChiri
  • Like 2

If it's Wisdom Tree, shouldn't it be called a "Plug & Pray" console? :lol: In all seriousness though it is a really neat project! I'll probably pass on this one since I'm not much for religious games, but I'll definitely be picking up a copy of Tyrannosaurus Tex for the Game Boy Color when it comes out.

is that getting a cart release?

Props for getting Guru Larry to do your video, BUT- why is the controller all grey and official-looking? If it's not baby blue, it just doesn't feel like Wisdom Tree!

I actually agree with this. I think it would add a little personality to it and make it feel more Wisdom Tree.

Yes

We got a Complete ROM now, just fixing a couple of bugs. And then we'll work on the PCB. Shells are already figured out =D

The game is an IP we fully own and really want to put it out there, not only in retro format!

...you just sold one more.

It helps keep the Goal down, if we go with a new mold, thats the 16500 right there :/.

Understood. Would changing the color of the plastic also increase costs considerably?

I just think that, for some, having the unit look less like a generic NES controller and more representative of the Wisdom Tree games (via color scheme, etc.) might make it a little more desirable.

Why are the stretch goals unrelated to the product per se but to SNA3D on other platforms (Dreamcast etc...)?

Are you funding this "plug and pray" or are you funding SNA3D?

Wanted to save it up if we are reaching those numbers, but if we get that much we would scratch NOAC and go with GOAC and add SNA3D to the PNP along with a Genesis Cart.

But we'll see if we get there.

Thats why they are stretch goals and not main goals, and thats why they are far off the original goal.

Understood. Would changing the color of the plastic also increase costs considerably?

I just think that, for some, having the unit look less like a generic NES controller and more representative of the Wisdom Tree games (via color scheme, etc.) might make it a little more desirable.

Nah, I dont think so, I am thinking we might be able to do (I forgot the name) stickers for your controller, themes with the games' art Skin. Like these: il_570xN.797905196_mcug.jpg

• Like 1

Wanted to save it up if we are reaching those numbers, but if we get that much we would scratch NOAC and go with GOAC and add SNA3D to the PNP along with a Genesis Cart.

But we'll see if we get there.

Thats why they are stretch goals and not main goals, and thats why they are far off the original goal.

Maybe that should be mentioned in the goals. If I expect the NES version then the plans got scratched and I get something else I'd like to know.

It's your crowdfunding, do as you please but be clear with the goals.

[i won't comment any further on this as I don't like my games to be "religious"]

Producing the unit in baby blue plastic, even if the mold/decorations are all the same, would go a long way towards the unit's appeal. The sticker idea is good though- a nice, slightly cheesy Wisdom Tree sitcker would be awesome.

I'm not big on religious games myself- I mean, I loved El Shaddai, but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish. If you went all out with the classic look by changing the plastic & adding the sticker, I'd probably buy one just for the novelty factor.

If it's Wisdom Tree, shouldn't it be called a "Plug & Pray" console? :lol:

This guy should pay you for that one!