IGNORED

Wisdom Tree Plug and Play Kickstarter!

I never even know they were pirate games on the NES, and I don't think any of those Wisdom Tree games made it to Europe.

So I just take those games as what they are. And about stealing, Menace Beach is a Color Dream game, so there is no stealing, but merely a lazy revamp.

Problem is consulting a priest is that you'll get different vibes from different people, and of different churches.

Just say "video game" at the Westboro Baptist Church (does it still exist, BTW?) and you'll be doomed to hell.

On the other hand, I remember reading that some clergymen were enthusiast about Doom since it was about fighting devil creature, so it was very compatible with God's will, where other frowned upon the gratuitous violence.

And you will ahve things that please or don't bother catholics but displease protestants,etc... So IMO, just do'nt bother too much and just use the main canvas of the story. Anyway, much of the more epic stuff in the Bible is in the Ancient one, where you have the most concensus on the story and interpretation. The parts were Christians branches usually get to disagree is the New Testament, so, stick to the first part.

Can't beat a 40 day worldwide flood anyway.

Not pirates, unlicensed. And yes, I am aware that Color Dreams did rebrand themselves as Wisdom Tree.

Menace Beach by Color Dreams and Chiller by AGCI are both present on the Maxi-15 cartridge, which is cheaper than the sum of it's parts despite being rare itself. Chiller is probably the sickest game ever to grace the NES and the premise of Menace Beach (with the tearing of the girl's clothes by the kidnapper) is quite gruesome.

However most denominations mainly disagree on the interpretation of scripture, not the stories presented in the Bible. I think if you stick to Biblical stories and not inerpretation, the game would probably be okay so long as there is no objectionable content in the game itself.

Also funny you bring up DOOM. Super Noah's Ark 3D is basically a big clone of Wolfenstein, borrowing from it's engine. One could argue hitting animals with a slingshot to pacify them would promote cruelty. Then again, PETA did a campaign against NSMB2 for it's inclusion of the Tanooki Suit, citing Mario as wearing animal furs... :P

Hey Guys!

Thank you for all your support! for sharing the project and pledging!!! We really appreciate it! We now will try to hit some secret stretch goals!

As for Color Dreams. The games are tied into a legal mumbo jumbo, we have been trying to get that figured it out since last year!

• Like 2

As for Color Dreams. The games are tied into a legal mumbo jumbo, we have been trying to get that figured it out since last year!

Maybe you should revive your RetroQuest label, problem solved!

Oh, if you adjust the position of the buttons upwards relative to the D-pad, the layout of the NES Gamepad looks like a crucifix

Edited by Great Hierophant

• 2 weeks later...

The beginning of the end! Last 24 hours on the Wisdom Tree Kickstarter!

Please support and spread the word!

There are some limited collectors editions available only for this Kickstarter! Do not miss out! NES and Sega Genesis Multicarts available!

We still have a chance to get to the Super Noah's Ark 3D for Sega Genesis Stretch Goal!

• Like 2

341 backers pledged $25,965 to help bring this project to life.

By my count, Piko will need to manufacture 123 Arkade units, 95 Genesis carts, 58 SNES carts and 139 NES carts to satisfy the Kickstarter backers. That is just for the electronics, this does not include the DVDs, boxes, posters, overlays, manuals and artwork. A cash grab this isn't.

Edited by Great Hierophant
  • Like 1

By my count, Piko will need to manufacture 123 Arkade units, 95 Genesis carts, 58 SNES carts and 139 NES carts to satisfy the Kickstarter backers. That is just for the electronics, this does not include the DVDs, boxes, posters, overlays, manuals and artwork. A cash grab this isn't.

This is not sarcasm right? (genuine question)

And we need an initial run of 500 Arkades, and work with the budget to then produce the rest. I think we'll be fine though.

Yeah, I ran a calcul with the given numbers 25965/ (123+95+58+139) = 62$. It mean that each item provided to pledger cant' cost more than 62$ for Piko Interactive to make a profit. Only if they stick to Kickstarter, which they aren't goign to, but yeah, unless the Arkade and carts sell on the long run, this isn't really a cash grabbing scheme.

But of course, it doesn't mean much. Bic made an immense fortune from selling 1$ ballpoint pens.

• Like 1