IGNORED

Ralf David XL/XE Eprom Burner Offer

Dropcheck

I've done some further research and it looks like I can come down a bit on international shipping. The people at my local post office are assuring me that with a limit of 10ozs or so that I can mail at the lower rate. So I've cut the flat rate for upto 2 bundles to $16.00. I know it isn't much, but every dollar does count. ;-)

• Like 2

Hello Lenore

Is there a chance that Panos will do a production run? Last time I bought something in the USA, it toke the USPS approximately two weeks to get the package out of the US and then customs wanted some money too. Shipping plus taxes plus handling free (customs!) was about the same as what I payed for the products. :sad:

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy

Hello Lenore

Is there a chance that Panos will do a production run? Last time I bought something in the USA, it toke the USPS approximately two weeks to get the package out of the US and then customs wanted some money too. Shipping plus taxes plus handling free (customs!) was about the same as what I payed for the products. :sad:

Sincerely

Mathy

There's a number of issues with this production run, that weren't an issue with the Super SDX cart run. For one thing the production run is much smaller, it's by definition more expensive to do. For another it is twice and nearly three times the physical size and weight for 1 bundle. For another some parts are hard to find or can only come from the US or both or are expensive, hence the smaller production run which feeds back into the lack of discount due to smaller numbers..... etc.

Panos also indicated that vacation time was approaching and he was concerned with the timing. He did an excellent job with the Super SDX cart, but I am sure he has a few more grey hairs because of it. I did not want to put pressure on him, if he had the slightest doubt about fitting the job into his schedule. I'm going back to work in the next month to bolster my fixed income so will have less time to devote to all things Atari, so I need to get this project out now.

Mailing delays are a reality no mater which side of the pond you are on. I am seeing delays in customs for some parts I ordered a month ago and got into the US three weeks ago. For years the US postal service lost money on international mail, now they've started fighting back. That's why you see shipping charges on more and more Chinese parts ordered from Ebay here in the US. European countries are wanting money to fund their operations too. Everybody wants more money. :(

Then you throw in the exchange rates...... Sometimes I'm paying 30% more for the same item than you, but I'm not getting any more item. Sometimes it's the other way around. :(

You gotta wonder what the robber thinks he's going to get when he goes into the poor house to rob it. :?

You can order upto 2 bundles per order, split the shipping and fees and then send the second bundle to the other person once you recieve it. It's not ideal, but it could save a little on shipping.

Edited by Dropcheck

Ordered one.

The item description states that ABBUC members should/could tell their membership in the "notes section of the checkout screen". But there was no notes section...

It's there. Should be on the Checkout page, under the section 'Ship to a different address' on the right hand side. Should have the title of 'Order Notes' ;-)

Hello Lenore

Sincerely

Mathy

I hear your pain Mathy. I'm trying to make it hurt as little as possible given the circumstances I have this time. Hopefully the next project will be less costly for all on that side of the pond. ;-)

• 8 months later...

couple of questions

is there a complete list of which ICs this can program/burn to?

1] this apples to type ie 2732, 2764 etc

and

2] the definition of the ROM - ie what (across the whole atari8 range) can be programmed with this?

thanks

Hi Brenski!

I am no technical expert, but I have the original Ralf David Programmer in my collection including the German manual. The manual states that the burner can be used for the eprom types 2764 to 27512. In the manual examples are described for types 27128, 27256, 27512 and 2764.

The definition of the ROM is not stated in the manual. There is a separate part describing burning COM files, but the text gives me the impression that burning COM files need special treatment.

Hopes this helps!

• Like 1

The new and improved version of the burner is able to burn 2732A, 2764 thru 27512 in both CMOS and normal version eproms using the normal ..bin file. There is also a ROM File generator software that converted .com files to be used in the ROMDisk board. Once converted I imagine that you could burn it like any other .bin file in the eprom burner.

• Like 1

Across the whole range is beyond my capabilities to recall,

better if you asked about specific devices that you would

want to program.

XL OS 27128, multiple OS 27256 and 27512

XL BASIC with adapter board for motherboard (I think) 2764

1050 OS 2732

XF551 OS 2764

SDX cart 27512

Black Box OS and Floppy board OS 27512 and ?

microprint interface OS ?

850 OS ?

Any number of game cartridges 2764 (2 maybe)

All for now, drawing blanks.