IGNORED

My Colecovision has no sound

atari2600land

I figured out what the problem was. When I had unscrewed the Colecovision the first time to clean the power switch, I lost the screws that tighten the Colecovision back together. Since I put together the Colecovision, finding that if I squeeze where the output to the TV wire connector is, sound gets on. So what I need is a screw long enough to hold that hole where the screw is in place, squeeze it always so I always get sound. Where can I get some replacement Colecovision screws?

Small update. I found a screw and put it in. Now there's sound almost all of the time, except when it goes silent sometimes. All I have to get it back is to pound on it where I put in the screw and it should come back. It's a fussy Colecovision. Everything has to be perfect.

What does "reflow" mean? I'm kinda weary about soldering though, and I don't want to screw up my Colecovision. This would be the very first time I've soldered something.

It means you put some hot in the soldered pads, typically adding extra solder because the old one is pretty tough.

If you don't have a container of extra screws lying around the house to check for similar screws to use to fasten down the two halves of your CV, then make a quick run to a hardware store and buy some damn screws instead of pounding on your system... it's not that difficult.

BTW, pounding on your system when the sound goes out will eventually lead to worse problems like loosening solder... the CV was manufactured some 33-34 years ago.