IGNORED

NX: If this is it, I'm actually happy.

It's one of my favorite 3D Mario games, if not the favorite. But I'd want a sequel, instead of a remaster. :)

The voice acting in that game was phenominal. Especially the cut scene when Bowser Jr revealed himself as the Shadow and kidnapped "Moma Peach." I think that single gag spawned more Peach X Bowser fanfiction... :love:

• Like 1

I sure hope it's more elegant than add-on crapola we have seen for mobile phones.

The snappiness of the DS and 3DS designs fill me with hope

The proliferation of extra $hit controllers for the Wii and Wii U dump it all into the dust and fill me with despair.

Realistically, I do not need another game-playing platform and should exercise and socialize more, so it really shouldn't matter what Nintendo does.

• Like 1

Here is another example of how I suspect the detachable controller would work when connected and when detached for console mode. It is the Phonejoy 2:

phonejoy_2_extended2.png

Great idea but the execution is an ergonomic nightmare. I think a Pro controller that splits in two and clips onto the sides of the NX tablet could work, however it needs to have ergonomic grips and also look like a finished product, ie not look like someone took a hacksaw to a Pro controller and glued them onto the sides of a tablet. I think possibly controls that slide out from the sides PSP Go / Blackberry style, or fold back DS style, may actually work and function better than completely detachable add-ons.

Also needs a ow profile thumbstick that works. 3DS style sliders work for a portable but I would prefer proper thumbsticks for console use.

Lastly, Nintendo created the perfect controller wit the Wii-U Pro, so I hope they keep the Pro line of controllers backwards compatible for NX local multiplayer use while docked. No need to reinvent the wheel like Sony/MS does every generation, ie by forcing PS4/Xbone gamers to buy new controllers.