IGNORED

Too lazy to change controllers?

Mind Master

Did anyone else ever experience the phenomenon of "controller laziness"? What happens is you end up playing only joystick games because you're too lazy to switch to paddles (or some other controller). I remember as a kid I'd go weeks without playing any of the paddle games for this reason.

If you only have a handful of paddle games, it doesn't seem worth it to switch controllers when you know you're going to want to switch back to the joystick in a matter of minutes.

Did anyone else ever experience the phenomenon of "controller laziness"?

get controller extension cords so you don't have to get out of your chair to change 'em. It was the only hope for me. :P

i do this all the time. especially if i have paddles plugged, ill delibertly track down paddle games to play instead of switching controllers, case every 2600 paddle game is at least good and most are awesome. paddles are such awesome controllers. /me wells up a tear just thinking about how awesome 2600 paddles are.

I think controller laziness is the main reason Atari stopped making paddle games, why few 3rd parties did, and why Atari, in the late era, made new games that were updates of old concepts, but used the joystick instead of paddles or driving controllers (i.e. Off the Wall and Sprint Master).

Archived