IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

I collect the My Arcade ones as well,I feel they look and play better in my own opinion.

they look better, and have better controls.

they don't necessarily play better, because they are just the NES roms and not the arcade version.

if you watch the video i posted, they show the multi-namco Myarcade unit, which was supposed to be out.

maybe it will be out this year, it will replace all those single ones, because it is using arcade ROMS.

(from what they said, and showed before)

later

Edited by negative1
  • Like 1

they look better, and have better controls.

they don't necessarily play better, because they are just the NES roms and not the arcade version.

if you watch the video i posted, they show the multi-namco Myarcade unit, which was supposed to be out.

maybe it will be out this year, it will replace all those single ones, because it is using arcade ROMS.

(from what they said, and showed before)

later

Yea,I was really looking forward to to 10' Namco with 20 games,it looks great.It looked really cool on the shelf in the video.

It seems My Arcade switched directions to sell more 6' single game players and the pocket player ones. Which,by the way do look really cool. I Am a sucker for Ms. Pacman players I love the game and the colors in general.

Great artwork on a lot of the Arcade games in History,and it shows on all these mini machines.

Edited by wolfy62

I'll be keeping an eye out for the handheld players for a few of them. The Bubble Bobble one having also Rainbow Islands and another is like a must. The Galaga unit I think had Tower of Druaga +1 there and it was appealing too. I'm forgetting the other right now, I'd need to see the game lists. They're so not worth $35-40, but when Walmart gets fed up and randomly dumps them down to $13 like they did with pac-man I'll be there.

• Like 1

I know we are excited by the future My Arcade mini arcade releases, but I also found out My Arcade is also going to be releasing a Learning Pad system as well. https://www.myarcadegaming.com/collections/portable-gaming/products/learning-pad

The ad claims 70 learning games and 200 Arcade Games. Might be interesting to check out once it comes out.

I'll be keeping an eye out for the handheld players for a few of them. The Bubble Bobble one having also Rainbow Islands and another is like a must. The Galaga unit I think had Tower of Druaga +1 there and it was appealing too. I'm forgetting the other right now, I'd need to see the game lists. They're so not worth $35-40, but when Walmart gets fed up and randomly dumps them down to $13 like they did with pac-man I'll be there.

I forgot that like the Pacman one these might have three different games on them,which is cool.

Also,my Pacman handheld was sold for $27. At Walmart and the mini arcades sell at $25. when they get them which is at least better than the $35-$40. list price.

Thanks for the extra games info!?

I know we are excited by the future My Arcade mini arcade releases, but I also found out My Arcade is also going to be releasing a Learning Pad system as well. https://www.myarcadegaming.com/collections/portable-gaming/products/learning-pad

The ad claims 70 learning games and 200 Arcade Games. Might be interesting to check out once it comes out.

i don't understand what the 200 arcade games are doing on there.

if it's supposed to be for learning, don't you think the kids would be distracted by those.

i sure would. why would i play the boring learning games, when there's arcade games on there.

later

• Like 1

Hey I've been into a few groups online that play and collect those little cabinets and people are all up about the new quailty boxes and releases there with the Dig Dug and Galaga games.

Something you should be aware of, they're newly baked goods. DD and Galaga are NOT NOAC of any type, they're modern made. DD simulates the original game very well. Galaga though does not, it's actually a hard mode game if anything.

Galaga there if you're a fan of the arcade game, you'll find it all sorts of different. The programmed fly down/attack patterns are not the same on this unit, which you can see even in clips. The little blue/yellow bug who usually will pull a circle around you in the original game, it won't do this or that alone in this one. I can instead approach like that, then rapidly turn towards and and just suicide slam you. The dropped shots of theirs, they do not just only drift like normal, they will TURN to aim (the pixels) at you as they fly down so if you think you could squeak by in the old game just barely, you'll get scraped and popped. There are other differences, but those I have observed. it's a good game, just not Galaga but like Galaga Pro.

Also notice the 09 on Galaga, the original intended one was Defender so that puts that to bed.

I'm also VERY tempted by the My Arcade Retro Champ depending how it ends up in consumer hands who can try all the quirky carts. I have a really nice FC Mobile 88, but it can only do FC games and has issues with the VRC6/7 and some but not all Namco mappers, so I can't play all my stuff, just most, and with no adapted my everdrive n8 is a no go too. This handling both styles of game I'd be willing to buy into it.

It can't be as bad as the Tiny Arcade Galaga port. I've got a standup Galaga 1UP cab but I'm still collecting all of these small packaged goodies. Remember the Micro fun Ms Pacman is one of the best Ms Pacman ports released so far, however they got the fruit order mixed up in the game but not the manual, and other weirdness.

The NES port of Galaga was quite good, though the bullet audio exhibits a glitch in the NOAC. Honestly most of the bitd NES ports are more accurate than the embedded stuff Basic Fun and Tiny Arcade are selling now, the Basic Fun ports generally being superior to super Impulse / Tiny Arcade.

Also, My Arcade Gaming Micro Player is Namco version, not the superior Tengen port which was also re-ported to 16-bit platforms. I'll still buy it though. I'm a sucker for this stuff... 8)

DGUNL-3230-Micro-Player_PR1_1024x1024.pn

And definitely Bubble Bobble too, even though it's single player only... :sad:

DGUNL-3241-Micro-Player_PR1_1024x1024.pn

I'd call it worse than the Tiny Arcade Galaga and I've seen some others who own it say they'd put it last if you want it to behave like the arcade. Yes the TA one has the jacked up enemy entry due to the lack of space in that little panel, but as far as movement, shots and the rest goes it's more accurate than this new one.

Basic fun of the totality of it have done the best with their $20 line of Walmart specials using the NOAC up until this mess with Galaga. They took a lot of good games, and in some of them improved the things. Rampage got the missing character put back in and Q-Bert got its joystick X locked by the molding while the NES game you had to adjust to it being skewed which they even had a load screen to warn you of (the now black loading... screen on the mini cabinet.) My Arcade has been a closer second though, their NES conversions are typically fine, but they don't seem to always pick the best stuff and they charge double which blows so I've just avoided the things when I was collecting them as they all came out. I kind of wish I still had my Q-Bert. The 7800 Centipede was disappointing, shame they didn't just get MIllipede off Famicom for that one.

The 7800 Centipede was disappointing, shame they didn't just get MIllipede off Famicom for that one.

The four way joystick in Centipede restricts it to four way movement, however remove the joystick restriction and you will find the ROM itself restricts to four way movement, as proven by playing the ROM (graciously provided to be me by an unnamed member on this forum) on emulation or real hardware such as via PowerPak.

Very stupid they did not just get Famicom or NES Millipede, seeing as how that ROM plays infinietly better than the 7800 Flashback ports. :P

Then this glitchfest that actually had working diagonals. Why did they remove diagonal movement in the final finished ROM?

Some really deep cuts from My Arcade. Don Doko Don and its sequel? Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, and Bubble Bobble Part 2, the latter of which was a late NES exclusive that few have played or can afford? Whatever works, I guess. I do like the look of that Elevator Action arcade cabinet, at least.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/01/08/my-arcade-new-mini-games-retro-console-handheld-nes/

• Like 1

Some really deep cuts from My Arcade. Don Doko Don and its sequel? Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, and Bubble Bobble Part 2, the latter of which was a late NES exclusive that few have played or can afford? Whatever works, I guess. I do like the look of that Elevator Action arcade cabinet, at least.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/01/08/my-arcade-new-mini-games-retro-console-handheld-nes/

all of these would be a lot better, if they used arcade roms whenever possible, even for the pocket players, oh well.

the dig dug pocket player looks terrible with a horrible color scheme.

sorry, but none of these look worth getting.

and still no news about the multi-Namco cabinet which would have been the best one out of all them.

later

If these My Arcades are using real ROMs, I'd be in. Doesn't look to be the case. I don't know how I resisted getting these but glad I didn't. My reasoning is that yes, they look cool, but I want something you can play. Plus, I tend to collect everything and space becomes an issue. I almost am tempted to get the 1UP Galaga but even there the quality just isn't there IMO...but it sure looks great and the size is right. Still interested in seeing this Namco one coming up.

Edited by atarilovesyou

heres more of myarcade,

doing a dumb limited version of rolling thunder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg1qBuuknHM

later

-1[/quoteSpeaking of which,is the Rolling Thunder the only one of the 4 announced to be released this year a limited # release?

I like buying them at Walmart for $25. and limited ones I would have to get it from the company's website for $35. to make sure I get it.

Oh I know it's a lousy software problem, didn't like the game period because of that, so I wasn't blaming the mini cabinet maker for it. I do blame them for not sourcing better materials like we both said (Millipede.)

The press flack describing obvious NES ports as "just like the arcade" rubs me raw. Few things are further from the arcade game than the NES version of Ms. Pac-Man.

For the record, many, many NES/FC ports were far superior to the Atari and other precrash systems bitd. The Tengen version that most people grew up with was obviously superior to the 1993 Ms Pacman reissue; in fact it was this version that got ported to SNES and Genesis a couple years earlier.

And I also have mixed feelings about Bubble Bobble. Part of the allure on not only the Bubble Bobble games but also the Tengen ports of Tetris and Ms Pacman were the simultaneous multiplayer modes, none of which are possible on the Micro Arcades.

• Like 1

For the record, many, many NES/FC ports were far superior to the Atari and other precrash systems bitd. The Tengen version that most people grew up with was obviously superior to the 1993 Ms Pacman reissue; in fact it was this version that got ported to SNES and Genesis a couple years earlier.

And I also have mixed feelings about Bubble Bobble. Part of the allure on not only the Bubble Bobble games but also the Tengen ports of Tetris and Ms Pacman were the simultaneous multiplayer modes, none of which are possible on the Micro Arcades or micro players.

We're talking about a company, myarcade, that decided to release karate champe with 1 joystick,

and a button.

just poorly done.

later

And I also have mixed feelings about Bubble Bobble. Part of the allure on not only the Bubble Bobble games but also the Tengen ports of Tetris and Ms Pacman were the simultaneous multiplayer modes, none of which are possible on the Micro Arcades or micro players.

You quoted me out of context there, I wasn't ripping on the NES/FC ports themselves, but other stuff like negative1 said. I know damn well Nintendo was that shining moment when the home console market finally had a feeling of decent parity to the early arcade stuff. I have the proper Tengen Ms Pac Man cart I found a couple years back locally and that game is stunning, in some ways (while not really) it is kind of nicer than the original due to the fun options it includes. Tengen Tetris I have too with the manual on that one. I don't keep the black carts much but I have those and Road Runner too and all three in their original cardboard sleeves with the manual and poster for 2 of them. At one point I had most their releases other than the dumpy sports titles. Tengen did good work.

• Like 1