IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

52 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Berzerk and Frenzy are the NES ports by PacManPlus.

Which is all the more sad that they couldn't get something wrong those crap peddlers at Basic Fun did with their halfassed NES rom ports a decade ago did...yikes.  At least those were only $20 and included the AAs to use it. :D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, teh_lurv said:

NewWaveToy's latest announcement is their first product in the "MiniPins" line of 1/6" scale pinball machines. Unfortunately (but not unexpected) the machine is not actually playable.

BlackHoleFlyer_bc9cdcdf-3a31-40ea-929e-6

https://newwavetoys.com/products/black-hole-x-replicade-minipin

Yeah, this is the first hard pass for me from them. I certainly love everything about it, but it being non-playable just makes it a no-go. I hope they get that feedback for the next iteration of this type of product.

• Like 2

WOW $200 what an utterly despicable waste of money trying to play people off whatever rotted brain cells feel this would be good to throw 2 benjamins at.  That needs to be panned, slammed, and not bought.  If you're asking that much money it damn well better work.  Even if it's compromised into using like an iDevice style screen and emulated play if you can't figure out how to get the physics vs ball weight and mechanics right at a 1/6 scale that is -- or just don't do it at all.

• Like 2

They were sending out surveys about a line of pins two or three years ago. I definitely expected it to be a virtual pin with a screen about the size of a SteamDeck or Switch, since I don't think it would be possible to get a playable physical pinball cabinet at this scale. I mean, I wouldn't count out that there's an audience for this among people who have been collecting the whole line and just love the artwork and atmospherics of the sounds and lights. But I ain't in it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

WOW $200 what an utterly despicable waste of money trying to play people off whatever rotted brain cells feel this would be good to throw 2 benjamins at.  That needs to be panned, slammed, and not bought.  If you're asking that much money it damn well better work.  Even if it's compromised into using like an iDevice style screen and emulated play if you can't figure out how to get the physics vs ball weight and mechanics right at a 1/6 scale that is -- or just don't do it at all.

so if it was a virtual pinball game, would you pay the $399 or $499 for it?

most people wouldn't.

most of these mini games get played a few times and end up collecting dust on a desk.

at least this time, they actually just cut out the part of it being playable, so you're just

paying for the materials.

later

|| | | | | | |

ne gative 1

1 hour ago, negative1 said:

so if it was a virtual pinball game, would you pay the $399 or $499 for it?

most people wouldn't.

most of these mini games get played a few times and end up collecting dust on a desk.

at least this time, they actually just cut out the part of it being playable, so you're just

paying for the materials.

later

|| | | | | | |

ne gative 1

Nope, tempting as it is, still I wouldn't pay that or I'd have grabbed that arcade1up/zen Star Wars pinball table with the 10 tables on it at costco over the holiday season as it was as low as 300 at one point, and it's so easily hacked with a thumb drive to add their marvel and basics set to up it to 30.  It was amazing, but I didn't value it at that.  But the thing is, a lot of people do, even at full retail.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 2:10 PM, teh_lurv said:

New Wave Toys has a Scratch 'n Dent clearance sale going on right now:

https://newwavetoys.com/products/scratch-dent-x-replicade

Edit: Looks like between when I got the email to posting this most of the stock has sold out.

Yup. I went to YouTube to convince myself I wanted the 1943 cab with the yellow t-molding and by the time I got back (ten minutes later) the only cabs left in stock were the woodgrain 1942's so I grabbed one asap.

All gone very quickly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2024 at 6:26 AM, teh_lurv said:

FYI to anyone who gets New Wave Toys emails: New Wave sent out a survey to ask about interest in a 1/6th scale Skeeball machine. 

They are definitely going to make and sell them,though the price is unknown. 

I'd probably need at least 2 and maybe 3 for them to look right in my mini arcade. 

And I'd have to expand it also...

Screenshot_20240317_131659_Gallery.jpg

Edited by wolfy62
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I only have 2 of these NWT replicades but I can see why many here collect them.  I love the staging some of you do.  It can definitely take up real estate and $ but like Sheryl says, if it makes you happy, it can't be that bad :-)  I just got this one the other day and no complaints here.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 2:43 PM, Teleprompter said:

I only have 2 of these NWT replicades but I can see why many here collect them.  I love the staging some of you do.  It can definitely take up real estate and $ but like Sheryl says, if it makes you happy, it can't be that bad 🙂 I just got this one the other day and no complaints here.

Great unboxing video,thanks for that!

I was on the fence on opening my Berzerk because my mini arcade is already full,but I just saw Berzerk has an Hdmi option which not all NWT machines do.

So,I've gotta open mine up and play it on my big screen. 👍😃

I fortunately caught the original kickstarter for Tempest so I have all the NWT machines. 

Yesterday I just preordered my first Numskull quarter arcade because Zookeeper is a personal favorite of mine,and I believe next year they are releasing Lunar Lander also. Very excited for that also!

• Like 1