IGNORED

Video Overscan Showing on LCD Monitor?

mytek

In my hardware configuration I've only seen that distortion width, but I haven't tested a wide range of games for a conclusion. But not bad idea to have different widths, being that the file is only 23 bytes...

Game: Post #69

Edited by tane

In my hardware configuration I've only seen that distortion width, but I haven't tested a wide range of games for a conclusion. But not bad idea to have different widths, being that the file is only 23 bytes...

Game: Post #69

The blanking width is fixed in either Sophia or V-Gate. The file(s) that Simius provided are only for activation or deactivation and have nothing to do with the actual width.

Edit: So I looked at Super Cobra, as well as a few other games (Ball Blazer, Pole Position, Dropzone, Preppie!, Joust). I see a non consistency in what side of the screen (dependent upon the game) needs overscan blanking applied. If you look at Dropzone, Pole Position, Ball Blazer, the overscan issues will be on the left side. Whereas Super Cobra and Preppie! will be on the right. Also how far into the screen area the issues extend is variable. So bottom line is, if you want to eliminate all undesirable artifacts in the overscan area while also retaining screen symmetry, you have to give up a bit more screen real estate then is sometimes necessary. In the case of Super Cobra; being a horizontal scroller means nothing is really lost, because what is off screen will scroll on screen.