IGNORED

new batch of 7800 games coming to the AA store

RevEng

Well if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I don't see any problems with this site and it is the only retro gaming site I visit and is a one stop shop with everything in one.

I just like the idea of buying more than two years at a time.

Atariage is the best Albert you should be proud of this achievement you have accomplished.

• Like 6

My intention with subscriptions is to give people a way to monetarily support the site if they wish, but it's not something I would ever want to shove down everyone's throat. There are no benefits anyone really needs, they are just niceties. Like having a much larger PM inbox, although the standard inbox is already larger than most forums I frequent. Being able to edit your posts for 30 days instead of 60 minutes is also nice. Stuff like that.

I have seen several forums really constrain what users can do unless you are a paying member. There's one forum I visit where members cannot even upload attachments unless you buy a subscription. Which is pretty boneheaded in my opinion, as it strongly discourages people to generate new content for your site, which is exactly the opposite of what you want to do.

Running the site is an expensive proposition. I'm using two dedicated servers that are over $500 a month, and there's numerous software licenses that need to be renewed or purchased every year. I'm also hosting several other websites for free, such as AtariMagazines.com, AtariArchives.org, AtariProtos.com, AtariMac.com, bataribasic.com, xegs8bit.com, videogamevariations.com, and more.. To say nothing about the time involved in keeping the servers online, updating software, validating users (which is done by hand and why you rarely see spammers on the forum here), answering emails and PMs, and so forth.. So, I definitely appreciate the subscriptions.. :)

..Al

I am glad that you posted this information and I appreciate your support so I will be subscribing going forward.

• Like 2

So when are these games going to be available to folks who don't have a membership? Soon?

Yes. Just placed the order for Scramble posters yesterday. I will have them on Friday. Working on something else as well that I'm trying to get done before all the games go into the store. Also in the process of updating the store to the latest version of the software, which will hopefully fix some issues. And finally, getting some projects done for some third-parties. Have been super busy!!

..Al

• Like 11

Running the site is an expensive proposition. I'm using two dedicated servers that are over $500 a month, and there's numerous software licenses that need to be renewed or purchased every year.

..Al

I'm guessing the cost of electricity is extra besides keeping the servers going. And power isn't cheap either.