IGNORED

new batch of 7800 games coming to the AA store

RevEng

This is a pretty large slate of releases, I'll bet Al will be drowning in orders when they go live.

Thankfully some of us in the "AA secret club" was able got early dibbs on certian titles... :cool:

Pure speculation, but we may get a staggered release schedule, based on the limited selection that was on offer.

• Like 1

Man I am glad I checked this thread! Since I became a member of the AA Secret Society I forgot to set up notifications for those sections. Got my early releases reserved! Thanks!

Thanks to your post I saw what I was missing. I've been watching my email, had no idea those sections existed. Hopefully I'm good I'll be bummed if I missed out.

So subs have been able to buy some of these already? I guess this means a general release is coming soon? I'm wondering if there's going to be enough copies to go around. It sounds like this batch of releases is going to be very popular.

It's safe to say that the 7800 titles are gonna be really HOT from the Subscribers Pre-Sale.

• Like 1

Man I am glad I checked this thread! Since I became a member of the AA Secret Society I forgot to set up notifications for those sections. Got my early releases reserved! Thanks!

Thanks to your post I saw what I was missing. I've been watching my email, had no idea those sections existed. Hopefully I'm good I'll be bummed if I missed out.

So subs have been able to buy some of these already? I guess this means a general release is coming soon? I'm wondering if there's going to be enough copies to go around. It sounds like this batch of releases is going to be very popular.

Guess April Fools Day doesn't end for some people. :rolling:

• Like 1

You think this is an April Fools Joke? Well if it is then I am out a nice chunk of change that I just PayPal'd to Albert.

Umm.. okay, just updated my notification prefs. Am a member of the secret society as well, so hopefully will get to spend big bucks soon too! :rolling:

• Like 1

Umm.. okay, just updated my notification prefs. Am a member of the secret society as well, so hopefully will get to spend big bucks soon too! :rolling:

I knew you were and was going to tell you to go check the thread...but I figured anyway I typed might have come off rude. ;) Although I have noticed this year more than previous years the Fool thing has spilled over a couple of days. Especially on FB. And I have had a couple of FB friends also point that out.

• Like 1

Well I took the plunge and became a subscriber for a year. Seems worth it so I joined the secret society and ordered a copy of a certain clown themed game :D

Wait this secret society is real? And early pre-orders are real? Welcome to the club!

• Like 2

It's a good idea to just subscribe to the entire subscriber subforum so you get an email notification whenever someone starts a new topic. It's pretty quiet in there normally so you shouldn't get a lot of spam from it.

It's safe to say that the 7800 titles are gonna be really HOT from the Subscribers Pre-Sale.

Because until the Hokey chips are ready for production, there really aren't enough Pokeys / Ballblazers to go around. Ballblazer is already going up on the secondhand market since existing NOS copies have been depleted.

You think this is an April Fools Joke? Well if it is then I am out a nice chunk of change that I just PayPal'd to Albert.

Yeah this. If this was an April Fools prank, well I don't think Albert would be holding my money atm. :D

• Like 1

Well I had been a two time subscriber until recently. I let it lapse for a few months, and miss this. Maybe I can get these and maybe I can't, no big deal.

But I'd like to point out I 99% likely would have missed it anyway, because there is not much convo IN the subscriber forum so there is little to no reason to visit it (and no subscribing to it is not really a smart way to become aware as there IS just enough activity for those notifications to become annoying). Frankly I was all about early access for the subscription cost, but would feel a lot better about paying for said early access it if subscribers got an email etc when new games were made available only to them. Early access and the store discount (which I assume does not count for these sales, understandable) are the two biggest reasons I subscribed in the first place.

Please understand, I rarely complain about ANYTHING having to do with this site is run--in fact this might be the FIRST time. But I don't think emails for the early access I paid for in the past, and am paying for as of today, are too much to ask. It would still be first come first serve. But at least people besides those who spend a lot of time in the subscriber forum would KNOW!

*Typed with all love and affection for AtariAge. If a mod thinks this is more fitting FOR the subscriber forum (reading it over I might agree) please move it.

• Like 1

Well I had been a two time subscriber until recently. I let it lapse for a few months, and miss this. Maybe I can get these and maybe I can't, no big deal.

But I'd like to point out I 99% likely would have missed it anyway, because there is not much convo IN the subscriber forum so there is little to no reason to visit it (and no subscribing to it is not really a smart way to become aware as there IS just enough activity for those notifications to become annoying). Frankly I was all about early access for the subscription cost, but would feel a lot better about paying for said early access it if subscribers got an email etc when new games were made available only to them. Early access and the store discount (which I assume does not count for these sales, understandable) are the two biggest reasons I subscribed in the first place.

This should probably get it's own topic in subscriber forum (if a mod want to move it). There really isn't that much activity going on, and here's a screengrab from my email, with mostly blurred out except the pertinent info:

post-33189-0-06175400-1491302433_thumb.jpg

AtariAge Forums - Albert posted topic New 2017 Homebrew Games Available Here First!

You don't even have to open the email if it's not relevant, but when the headline drops you won't miss it. Subscribe to the entire subscriber subforum and you won't miss a thing...

EDIT: Further discussion HERE (subscribers only)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/264069-notifications-for-new-games/?p=3733900

You don't even have to open the email if it's not relevant, but when the headline drops you won't miss it. Subscribe to the entire subscriber subforum and you won't miss a thing...

I'm not trying to be a pain--I just don't think an actual email, as a feature of a paid service where early access is touted, is too much to ask. Heck it could be great marketing because I for one would be interested to see when new games for ANY system were released here--and I think that if many of us skip straight to the forum on our browsers, we bypass even the homepage where most general announcements are made. But I also realize I may not get what i want. Just a friendly suggestion. Game on.

I am glad that this was said in this forum about the games as well or I would have missed it. It is too many games at once for my pocketbook. Wish just carts were an option.. I still do not care about boxes just like I did 30 some years ago. I lost my boulderdash 2600 box but still have the cart. At 100CAD shipped per game boxed gone are they days of buying more than one.

I've survived this long without subscribing (15+ years!) and I've bought an awful lot of stuff from the AA Store in that time anyhow heh... I can wait... but as said, I just hope there's enough left when it's opened to everyone heh.