IGNORED

Services wanted: Game boy repairs

copper20

I have a few jobs that need to be fixed...

Game Boy Original - Ghost lines on screen, likely needs new caps.

Game Boy Color - Speaker needs to be replaced. Also would like a front lit screen and a new battery cover (Clear Purple).

Game Boy Advance Original - Would like a backlit screen on it - very hard to see.

Game Boy Advance SP AGS 101 - The volume slider seems to be very staticy and sometimes moving it even up makes the sound go out unless I move it more. Could use a new speaker, and volume slider cleaning. Update - Figured out WHY the screw wouldn't go in. That square thing wasn't in the right spot! Well that solves that mystery. Still need to see about getting the volume slider cleaned and maybe a new speaker.

Edited by copper20

I hear Swampfox does this kind of work.... lol, I couldn't help myself.

Swapping a speaker on a Gameboy color is super easy, 2 wires that are soldered. The hard part is finding a speaker that is the right output and fits in the f...r. I still have a green Gameboy color that needs a speaker as I robbed the speaker out of it years ago to fix a bad speaker in a Pokémon yellow edition because I could not find a speaker small enough to fit the damn thing.

As far as the sp slider goes, I just fixed one a few months back that was wacky. I reflowed the joints but what mattered more was reseating that ribbon cable.

The hard part is finding a speaker that is the right output and fits

Handheld legend sell them, for reasonable price, along with other handheld necessities, im not affiliated with them but I do buy from them

https://handheldlegend.com/collections/mgb/products/game-boy-speaker?variant=7488019715

er edit, the description says for the original gba, dunno if it will fit in a sp, my bad

Edited by Osgeld