IGNORED

Atari Flashback Portable FAQ and Compatibility List

If anyone cares to take a crack at the GCC Millipede proto, this is the file I dug up in an old AtariAge post from the early 2000's.

attachicon.gifmilpede__atari___prototype_.zip

I had no luck though. Like I described in an earlier post, I was stuck at the far left of the screen and while I could fire my gun, nothing else happens. Unplayable as best as I can see.

Has a nice opening screen.

Start the game, the character does not move with dpad nor does the milipede show up.

And there you have it.

• Like 2

Could you post some links to these? I would love to take a look at purchasing one. Thanks!

Sure... I suppose it depends on what look you are seeking though... if you want a tailored case, it isn't likely, but PS Vita cases almost all work. Because the PS Vita is larger than the Atari Portable and Sega Genesis Portable, the more form fitted Vita cases are a closer fit and the more compact it will be, if that matters to you. 3DS XL/LL cases will work fine but are also on the large side mostly because of the depth difference but many of them have specific card storage also. :)

Like these for soft cases...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQPF0QK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?psc=1&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=d1c1882c6f2536f9e8183d307cdb1243

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y824ZZ2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?psc=1&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=29f9298f324626de8e6f8ad737ab1f41

https://www.amazon.com/Austor-Travel-Carrying-Case-Nintendo-New/dp/B01KUP6K3U/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=b77af7bc7b97b1aa6ff59f2c4b70c0f9

Like these for hard cases...

https://www.amazon.com/ADVcer-Waterproof-Protective-Carrying-Detachable-Nintendo/dp/B01M8QTJQ2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=06769273f71ef27074baf98e207f5e6d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Hard-Travel-Pouch-EVA-Case-Carrying-Bag-For-Sony-PS-Vita-PSV-/381907257042

Should be easy to find and not necessarily expensive.

Just Google Sony PSP cases. I have one I bought off eBay for a few bucks that works great.

This is true... PSP Cases fit quite well for the AtGames portables, but I didn't mention this as they don't have SD Card slots as they are UMD Based systems. If SD Sized Card Slots don't matter, then nothing fits better than a PSP Case. :)

MrBlackCat

• Like 2

I want a dirt-cheap foam sleeve (think beer cozy) to match the dirt-cheap handheld. Preferably with pixel asteroids and stuff on it.

How about even cheaper! Felt rather than foam... Crown Royal bags do have draw-strings you know... :D

Ok... you have to get the asteroids separately I suppose... but here. :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Protective-Soft-Bag-Carry-Pouch-Case-Strap-For-Sony-PSP-1000-2000-3000-Black-/161725529180

MrBlackCat

Edited by MrBlackCat
  • Like 3

I dunno... that 99 cents might break me.

Seriously, it's going to come the cheapest way possible from China, so expect a lo-o-o-ng wait. Back around October 15th I bought a 99-cent vinyl case (for my new Motorola phone) from China. It arrived Dec 22nd! The case is surprisingly nice, but almost 10 weeks to arrive!

Edited by ls650

Seriously, it's going to come the cheapest way possible from China, so expect a lo-o-o-ng wait. Back around October 15th I bought a 99-cent vinyl case (for my new Motorola phone) from China. It arrived Dec 22nd! The case is surprisingly nice, but almost 10 weeks to arrive!

I just looked in my spreadsheet for sales from China/Hong Kong through eBay... I average 1.18 packages a week from these locations and the average time is 12.1 working days. There are a couple of spikes of long times like the one you mention. This sort is all items, from $1 to $360. Even if I isolate from $1 to $19 it only goes up to 16.0 working days... which I did because as you stated, the low price is going to ship the lowest cost way, which is usually slower. This is from Jan-01-2012 to Jan-01-2016

MrBlackCat

Edited by MrBlackCat

What can I say? That definitely doesn't match up with my experiences when purchasing from Chinese eBay sellers. I find it's rare to get an item in less than three or four weeks, and I've seen some items take 6+ weeks. I have to admit that 10 weeks was a stupendously lengthy wait, even for China.

• Like 1

What can I say? That definitely doesn't match up with my experiences when purchasing from Chinese eBay sellers. I find it's rare to get an item in less than three or four weeks, and I've seen some items take 6+ weeks. I have to admit that 10 weeks was a stupendously lengthy wait, even for China.

Well, 16 working days is over three weeks... and that is the average on items under $20 for my own purchases over 4 years. So not a big difference. :)

I understand not wanting to wait however... I enjoy the length of time it takes in a way. With my memory, I forget anything I bought more than two weeks back, so I get surprises from Asia every week! :D

MrBlackCat

• Like 1

Yeah, when possible I don't order from China if I want it soon. When it gets to origin post it can sit for weeks.

Bloody hell - I remember that the arcade original was difficult, but I don't remember it being THIS hard...

LOL! Yeh took me by surprise too. Thought I had it on hard at first. All I can say is moving beyond the side of the screen is your friend.

• Like 2

Wow!

I was such a Thomas Jentzsch fan that I never even considered this version...At least this one can play portably...

Ahhh... did not know there were two. Now I do. And wow Star Castle Arcade looks amazing.

But like you said, this one is also good and portable!

• Like 2

Huh, interesting, so this version of Star Castle was made by one of the programmers of the original Bubsy. Cool!

Unfortunate that thread got out of hand but a great port and works on the AFP.

Had a blast playing it tonight, one I've added to my favorite 80 games I've added to the AFP.

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 1

Not a all bad idea. I'm sure you could dremmel out a mico SD adaptor as I would imagine most of it is empty space. Question is, would there be enough room to slide in and store micro SD cards on the side?

If there were, maybe you could even put contacts on both ends of the card adapter, making it into a micro version of the Xonox "flipper" cartridges.

38900-xonox-double-ender-spike-s-peak-an

Or, just swap cards in and out like a normal person.

Or just load your microSD with what you want on it in the first place. :-P

• Like 2

Ahhh... did not know there were two. Now I do. And wow Star Castle Arcade looks amazing.

But like you said, this one is also good and portable!

Now if we could get a Star Castle Arcade version to work on the portable - that would be awesome! I prefer the SC Arcade version over the other one...........

• Like 1