IGNORED

2017 Flashback FAQ and Speculation Thread

Just as an FYI... As many of you know - and has been public since June 2014 when it turned from informal, to formal - I've been a Business Advisor to AtGames as an Independent Consultant. Basically that meant that, on an occasional, part-time basis, I would provide various business and other support services. I will continue in that capacity, but as of yesterday, I will also be helping to lead their social media efforts for both the main AtGames business and their digital services efforts for at least the next several months (assuming all goes well, of course, and also on a part-time basis). I don't expect to become fully engaged in this until early December, but I thought it important to point that out now so there would be no misunderstanding going forward. As always, I will do my best to be as objective, informative, and transparent as possible.

• Like 11

Just as an FYI... As many of you know - and has been public since June 2014 when it turned from informal, to formal - I've been a Business Advisor to AtGames as an Independent Consultant. Basically that meant that, on an occasional, part-time basis, I would provide various business and other support services. I will continue in that capacity, but as of yesterday, I will also be helping to lead their social media efforts for both the main AtGames business and their digital services efforts for at least the next several months (assuming all goes well, of course, and also on a part-time basis). I don't expect to become fully engaged in this until early December, but I thought it important to point that out now so there would be no misunderstanding going forward. As always, I will do my best to be as objective, informative, and transparent as possible.

Congratulations Bill. I know that I speak for a lot of people when I say that we all wish you the best of luck. We know that you have done a great job with AtGames. We hope you can be even more successful and really help propel AtGames products (particularly the 'Flashback' line) into something truly remarkable. Take care and good luck.

• Like 3

Thanks, guys, I genuinely appreciate that. With that said, no congrats or acknowledgements are necessary. I just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea going forward since I tend to be outspoken and enjoy a good debate (and don't plan on changing that).

• Like 6

Thanks, guys, I genuinely appreciate that. With that said, no congrats or acknowledgements are necessary. I just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea going forward since I tend to be outspoken and enjoy a good debate (and don't plan on changing that).

I hope you negotiated a per post pay rate for posts on AtariAge ;) You certainly earned it for all the responses you have made regarding ATGames products in this thread and others :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I hope you negotiated a per post pay rate for posts on AtariAge ;) You certainly earned it for all the responses you have made regarding ATGames products in this thread and others :thumbsup:

I wish! But to be serious for a moment, some things I just do on my own time without thinking about being on a clock, as it were. I obviously have a day job and other work and non-work responsibilities outside of the AtGames stuff, and it all kind of blends together at times. Better not to sweat the small stuff, since it's more enjoyable for me that way.

• Like 3

Has anyone else confirmed yet whether Sonic 3 works on Genesis HD FB yet? I tested my cart on a few of the other OEM Genesis models I have, seems to work fine.

Another strange anomaly is that I've had this "Rampart" cart that will no longer work on any genesis I have no matter how much I clean it. I had it sitting in a box for a few years waiting to replace the EPROM when I came across another Tengen cart for a donor. But I put it in the Genesis HD & It loaded 1st time & after, with no problems?

It appears there has been a tear down of the HD Sega hardware and inside the shell the board itself has an open micro USB port. I guess it's me but that is starting to sound a little interesting like given how the mini NES/SNES get hakchi'd through that kind of business end of things.

G5Yjuuu.png

youtube.com/watch?v=sIAgzWNhIj4&feature=youtu.be

The hardware is a rockchip rk3036. Specs for that chip indicate a Dual-Core Cortex A7 "up to 1.26 GHz" (we don't know yet if it's actually clocked that fast or slower), a Mali-400MP GPU, and DDR3 RAM. I would not be surprised if someone made a hack tool for this device as well given the hardware is pretty capable as long as there's easy access to it. Imagine those who hate the menu putting their own in there and also cleaning up any emulation issues that still annoy while throwing all sorts of other systems at it. It could be very interesting in a battle of the SNES and Genesis again as the most fun shell to use to run other stuff.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2

Okay the FBG and SGFB are Android. If we can get the AFP in that flavor with some more emulation capability (Like running ALL of Atari's classic systems.) You will really have a killer system. Atgames has now crossed the quality Rubicon, keep it up!

Especially since Atari and Sega ROMs are so tiny and can fit on just about anything!

• 1 month later...

That's the point. I was looking for a list of all the games that were exclusive to any of the consoles. I've noticed that very little is out on them compared to other Atari games. So I was curious if there are any good ones there. :P

So anything that never came out on a cart

Edited by Coolcrab

That's the point. I was looking for a list of all the games that were exclusive to any of the consoles. I've noticed that very little is out on them compared to other Atari games. So I was curious if there are any good ones there. :P

So anything that never came out on a cart

I can't think of any games top of my head (from Flashback 2 onward, obviously, since 1 doesn't count since it's a NOAC) that don't have the ROM available somewhere. The Flashback concept is not about exclusives, it's about giving the average person a plug and play way to play lots of the games they remember from their past.

• Like 2

We finally just ordered and HD Sega Genesis and an HD Activision Gold. So far so good... but one thing I noticed this year, at least in our area (southern US), there was almost no market saturation. Normally I have seen Flashbacks of all kinds in Family Dollar, Dollar General, WalGreens, and Kroger (grocery store)... like in most, if not all of them. So far, we have not seen a single one in any of these stores. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas there was a display in WalMart but this was the Atari Handheld and regular type (not HD) Flashbacks.

We just ordered them finally from WalMart online and the other from Target. First year/time we have ever not seen them from November to January in all of the above stores.

Anyone else experience this?

CatNapDreams

• Like 1

I got the FB 7 Gold Activision edition for Christmas, and so far, I've been pretty pleased. However, I hit one glitch that was very surprising. When playing Street Racer, the graphics for the player object in games 21 through 27 are a bit deformed. Any idea what's going on here? This seems like a pretty simple game to do something that would mess up emulation.