IGNORED

Soul Star CD for Jaguar ???

Atari Smeghead

Looks like i'm winning the auction right now. If I win then i'll burn anyone that whats one a copy.

:ponder: WOW man that would be really cool of you to do that. Do you have a ballpark price in mind for these burned copies? Thanks...oh one more thing...maybe you could contact someone like Clint Thompson to make a nice cover and jewel case for it or something along the lines of Black Ice: White Noise.

Price?...$0

Just the shipping price. I'm not here to make money , I just want people to have something cool in their collection :)

IS IT ILLEGAL TO MAKE JAGCD COPIES? OF SOULSTAR?

That IS the big question, isn't it? According to the title screen on JagCube, it is © 1996 Core Design Ltd, Licensed to Atari.

So, who owns the rights? From my understanding of the laws, if permission isn't given by the copyright holders, you can't legally make (specifically sell) copies. Isn't that what's got some people griped about B&C, that they make and sell copies without permission?

I'm no lawyer, thank god. All I know is, I'd love a copy of Soul Star, or really, any Jaguar game that doesn't suck.

All I can say is, I really hope SuperDork wins, or whoever does win thinks of us poor, pitiful Jaggie fans out here, starving for anything new. :wink:

Toss us a bone, please!

Thanks, i'll try my best to win that Soul Star :)

Looks like i'm winning the auction right now. If I win then i'll burn anyone that whats one a copy.

:ponder: WOW man that would be really cool of you to do that. Do you have a ballpark price in mind for these burned copies? Thanks...oh one more thing...maybe you could contact someone like Clint Thompson to make a nice cover and jewel case for it or something along the lines of Black Ice: White Noise.

Price?...$0

Just the shipping price. I'm not here to make money , I just want people to have something cool in their collection :)

:ponder: :D :thumbsup:

Hello!!!

Thanks, i'll try my best to win that Soul Star

I think you should charge something for the backup... After all, you´re going to spend a good money on this proto...

And if you charge U$ 3 from each copy, you could at least get some of your money back...

;)

I think that this is a lot more fair, and everybody would help.

Just my 2 cents...

Hello!!!

I think you should charge something for the backup... After all, you´re going to spend a good money on this proto...

And if you charge U$ 3 from each copy, you could at least get some of your money back...

;)

Just my 2 cents...

I tend to agree. I think it's very cool that you're willing to give it away, but at least try to get your money out of it. You may have to pay big $$$ in order to get it! Best of luck!

Jason

Hello!!!

;)

Just my 2 cents...

I tend to agree. I think it's very cool that you're willing to give it away, but at least try to get your money out of it. You may have to pay big $$$ in order to get it! Best of luck!

Jason

I guess you guys are right if it gets to high them I will prob charge a little,but if it stays at $100 then no charge 8)

:D What's going on, I happened to come across the Soul Star CD on ebay and was searching for more information. I stumbled across your guy's conversation. I agree with Gunstar, with no guarantee that this title is a prototype, your setting yourselves up for a disappointment (hopefully not!). Another thing, I would be happy to pitch for a copy. I just started a Jaguar collection and would love to check out Soul Star. Have any of you ever come across the Brett Hull Hockey Cart?

Yeah I´d like to have a copy too....

if it´s a working copy of Soulstar and nopbody said that it isn´t allowed to be copied it would be perfect.

Hope that it will make it to a lot of jagfans.....

These days are exciting.....

I also agree to pay something for it, I mean even if you don´t want to charge for the game think about the fact that you have tpo pay for the CDr´s......they aren´t expensive but it will sum up because I except alot of people to want the game....

Well i´m curious

Peter

i've been in contact with the bloke selling this and if i do win the auction, i'll be in contact with core design and see if something can be worked out. but the way i see it they have nothing to lose from the release of this unfinished work, they will still be credited for all the work, and will probably get money out of it, i.e. take a small royalty for each copy sold. it may not be much, they may demand quite a bit but that'll be something that will have to be discussed. but i'm willing to do everything i can to get this game released as is, like BIWN has been. the jaguar community does need games, be it full or prototype releases to keep it going. you can only collect so much stuff and i'd like to be known as the person who helped release the game and not as the one who got it and hid it away for the collection.

well, that's my 2 pence worth... at current exchange rates that's about 3 cents :D

we are looking into having the item tested but the trouble is that we do not want to let it out of our sight for fear of multiple copies being burned.

we have had various offers to help test & verify but this would have to be a 'home visit'.

if we can arrange to get it tested we will cancel the current auction and re-list with more information on the findings from the testing.

if not then we will have to accept that we may get potentially far less then it is worth. :ponder:

we have had lots of private offers but we wanted to go with ebay as it's all regulated and buyers can see our pedigree.

if we get an obscene private offer on our terms then we may consider going that way.

AM I FRIGGIN INVISIBLE, I'M GUNNA TRY AND WIN SOULSTAR. IT'S NOT GOING TO STAY AT $100, AND IT'LL GO FAR PAST $*** IF I CAN HELP IT!

ITS GOING TO BE A LONG BATTLE, AND I WANT TO KEEP SOUL STAR IN LIMITED QUANTITIES. I ALSO WANT A PROTO BADLY!!! SO PLEASE, LEMME WIN! OR ELSE ULL WIN, BUT I GAURANTEE IT WILL COST YOU SOME [more than it already is]!

-who knows, maybe the guy trying to win it now is just sayin' that he will release it free just to make it so he'll only have to pay 100 for it, but acutually doesn't want its value to go down like me :? And nobody can be sure that it will even work!!!

AM I FRIGGIN INVISIBLE, I'M GUNNA TRY AND WIN SOULSTAR. IT'S NOT GOING TO STAY AT $100, AND IT'LL GO FAR PAST $*** IF I CAN HELP IT!

ITS GOING TO BE A LONG BATTLE, AND I WANT TO KEEP SOUL STAR IN LIMITED QUANTITIES. I ALSO WANT A PROTO BADLY!!! SO PLEASE, LEMME WIN! OR ELSE ULL WIN, BUT I GAURANTEE IT WILL COST YOU SOME [more than it already is]!

-who knows, maybe the guy trying to win it now is just sayin' that he will release it free just to make it so he'll only have to pay 100 for it, but acutually doesn't want its value to go down like me :? And nobody can be sure that it will even work!!!

Ok you joined Atari Age 4 fricken days ago and you are already crying because you don't have a proto yet :x

So it's like this, if Willard wins your chances of getting a copy of Soul Star are very slim.

??? im the current highest bidder???

Right...it was all going so promisingly until:

PLEASE DONT BID AGAINST ME!!!

Do you actually understand the basic concept of eBay???

I promise to sell a few copies, maybe a limited run of 10 to get my money back!!!

Uhh, right, whatever. That's gonna make you just as popular as those promising to release it at cost!

I'll tell you this; you winning that auction would be one of the few events world-shatteringly awful enough for me to consider releasing my own copy. :mad: Don't even go there...

Stone

also, if it doesn't work, im gunna say it does too, and i'll threaten to mass produce, so you, stone, will release it, and i'll hop to the chance to purchase it then!! then the jag owners will be happy!!! And my contribution to the jag comunity will be just as good!!!

Uhh, right, whatever. That's gonna make you just as popular as those promising to release it at cost!

- Who are the people who DO sell copies of soulstar

hey, at least everybody else gets to play :D

You didn't say 'everyone', you said 10. And what happens if *they* decide to sell copies? :P

If it doesn't... well... im screwd.

And ridiculed...don't forget it, that's an important one :D

It won't come to that tho...

Stone

I MEANT that everbody who YOU sell the games to after I win the auction

Oh, yeah, that's right. You seem to be forgetting the two bids that were cancelled in the early stages...I'm willing to bet they're not going to stay away. Anyway, enough of this before it gets classed as interference.

Stone

@ SuperDork3000

I would also love to get a copy of SoulStar.

Please set me on your list.

@kmach44

Would be really interesting to get also an Brett Hull Hockey Cart. Does anybody have it???

Thanks & Good Luck SuperDork3000

tst

how high do you think this auction will go, being that it hasn't been tested yet? What is the difference between all the versions on the market? Why would this one be any more special than the rest?

-How far does core designs claim they got on this game before canning it? has the most complete version ever been discovered?

Archived