IGNORED

Tanglewood Kickstarter

adamchevy

I'm glad they were able to release it on Steam so that they'll get a bit more notice, though I can't imagine playing it on Steam. I really want to play it on my Genesis.

I found an email address on their website, so i sent them a message asking about whether they include a digital copy for the preorders for the physical copies that are currently open. Keeping my fingers crossed that they say, "yes." :)

• Like 1

Oh, it's that site that won't let me join no matter how many times I ask them to validate my account.

Shoot me a PM with your username you used to register with...

I had to go through another to get my account activated just over a year ago.

Oh, it's that site that won't let me join no matter how many times I ask them to validate my account.

Shoot me a PM with your username you used to register with...

I had to go through another to get my account activated just over a year ago.

Has anyone actually received a copy of this game yet? Interested in buying once its available.

Physical release of the cart hasn't happened yet. I'm sure the backers on kickstarter will receive notification of this for those that were in that tier level.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone get this yet?

Physical carts haven't been released yet. They have the PCBs already made up and ready to go but they are waiting on the other materials before they can start to assemble them and get them sent out. I would imagine they will assemble them all first and test them and then sent them out in batches would be my guess.

I have the released rom file that I was playing on my MegaED so I'm good until the actual cart arrives.

• 2 months later...

I haven't gotten any shipping confirmation yet on mine but I did see where PayPal updated the status on it. Almost like they were finally taking the payment for it even though I had technically paid for it months ago. Maybe I need to check that again. But I was also a tad late to the kickstarter party for Tanglewood so I might not be on these first shipments going out.

I haven't gotten any shipping confirmation yet on mine but I did see where PayPal updated the status on it. Almost like they were finally taking the payment for it even though I had technically paid for it months ago. Maybe I need to check that again. But I was also a tad late to the kickstarter party for Tanglewood so I might not be on these first shipments going out.

You should be receiving your copy fairly soon. I've been following the Tanglewood Twitter page ( https://twitter.com/tanglewoodgame ) and the first batch for Kickstarter backers is shipping out as we speak. The second batch that I got in on is scheduled to start shipping in January, so it'll be a belated Christmas present, but worth the wait I think. :)

Edited by Jin

You should be receiving your copy fairly soon. I've been following the Tanglewood Twitter page ( https://twitter.com/tanglewoodgame ) and the first batch for Kickstarter backers is shipping out as we speak. The second batch that I got in on is scheduled to start shipping in January, so it'll be a belated Christmas present, but worth the wait I think. icon_smile.gif

Oh I know it will be worth the wait! I've already played through the game using my MegaED X7 because again, I was a backer and was given a steam code to download the game from. If you didn't know, the actual final Genesis revision rom is in the steam release. I got an email from them telling me how to find it so I could play it in a dedicated emulator or through a flash cart on my actual Genesis. I decided to play through it on my actual Genesis. I still have quite a few of the passcodes saved in fact from different parts of the game.

You should be receiving your copy fairly soon. I've been following the Tanglewood Twitter page ( https://twitter.com/tanglewoodgame ) and the first batch for Kickstarter backers is shipping out as we speak. The second batch that I got in on is scheduled to start shipping in January, so it'll be a belated Christmas present, but worth the wait I think. icon_smile.gif

Jin are you for hire to like be a personal fortune teller and stuff?

post-6-0-12888600-1543448358_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Jin are you for hire to like be a personal fortune teller and stuff?

Signs point to YES. :D

That was great timing, and I'd love to see what the label looks like on the North American Genesis cart when you open it up! A lot of people have taken pictures of the Mega Drive version cart but I've yet to find any pics of what the Genesis version looks like.

I was one of the first backers and mine has not arrived yet. Hopefully soon!

You should definitely send them an email about it, since the Kickstarter batch was supposed to have completely shipped out a couple weeks ago. The only versions of the game from the Kickstarter that haven't shipped out yet are the Collectors Editions, since they just received the final extras for the Collectors Editions from the factory yesterday and are assembling them as we speak.

On a personal note, after sending them an email I was able to snag one of the handful of US Genesis box and label art versions of Tanglewood leftover from the Kickstarter (all future batches will be Mega Drive style for box and label art) and my copy will be shipping out next week to hopefully arrive by Christmas. :)

Edited by Jin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone play it? Any good and worth the money? They are still taking orders so debating picking up a copy. It's not cheap....so just want to make sure it's fun to play.

Tanglewood was a shockingly good game! I ordered a copy for the misses for Christmas but it ended up being a Christmas present for both of us, since we played through it together twice over the course of the past week trading off the controller between levels. I could go on for pages about what an absolutely incredible game Tanglewood is, from the gorgeous graphics to the perfectly atmospheric sound design, challenging puzzle platforming that very much reminded me of Limbo, and the startlingly emotionally engaging story that ends up going some pretty dark places that make this game completely unsuitable for young children. Everything about Tanglewood was an incredible surprise, and I can safely say that after two play throughs it is my new all time favorite Sega Genesis game!

I've had a love affair with the Sega Genesis ever since I was 7 years old back in 1992, and in all the years since then I have never had a game on this system make as big of an impact on me as Tanglewood did. It made the #2 spot on my wife's favorite Genesis game list as well, just behind Sonic 3 & Knuckles in the #1 position for her. There's not many video games that I could honestly say are worth the $85 US that Tanglewood set me back, but this is definitely one of them. It's an absolute "must own" game for any Sega Genesis fan!

P.S.: For maximum enjoyment don't worry about collecting all the fireflies on your first play though. Try your best to collect them all the second time around though, it's worth the effort if you can. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 2

Yes I got mine back in the middle of November and I was kickstarter for the standard Genesis edition. I believe there were issues with the collector versions of the games in that not all the material items arrived to complete those. So I believe they are waiting until all the kickstarter editions are sent out before starting on the normal release purchases.

And the game is a lot of fun to play. Jin above pretty much nailed what playing the game is like. I did encounter a few bugs on my initial playthrough, one of which required me to kill myself off so I could restart the level. I've been meaning to go through my save passwords to find that level again and see if I can replicated it to bring it to their attention. I won't mention it in detail because it is possible it was a fluke and something with my Genesis to cause it. Basically a timing issue where in I got stuck in a spot because an event didn't happen as I passed it. So again I hesitate calling it a bug until I can replicate it again.