IGNORED

[CLOSED] A600, C64 with DD - Thank you

Blues76

* EDIT 3*

The C64 and the amiga are on hold. The amiga 600 floppy disk drive may not be working and I gave the option to highest bidder to exit the auction. This means that the Amiga will be place on auction at a later time once I'm able to determined if it is the floppy disk or not (or once I fix it). Same goes for C64 (in this case, the problem is that I don't know if it works since I don't have the TV cable but I purchase it).

*** EDIT ****

Amiga is currently in free bidding posting on this thread. See the highest bid at the end of the thread. This will go on until the date originally stated. Happy Bidding.

The other equipment, still has no bid (or on real bid). I will post it later once the Amiga bid is over to see if someone wants to trade for the servers.

*** EDIT 2 ****

We have a bid for C64 and Disk Drive See one of the post below.

*** EDIT 3 ****

REMOVING Equipment that is not being bid.

Hello,

I'm selling to whoever provide the best offer the following equipment:

1) AMIGA 600 with power supply and disks. The computer boots (as you see in the screen) but I'm not sure how to load games. At some point, I was thinking to place a hard drive inside, but I'm not sure If I left it there or not. Given my lack of knowledge of Amiga, I decided not to try (I'm more of a atari 8-bit person when it comes to vintage computing). You will get all of it. For full disclosure, this was not my Amiga but I purchased many years ago in Ebay. Everything is sold as IS and shipping comes from 33183 (plus 10 dollars handling)

2) C64 with Disk Drive (as shown in picture). They both turned. They come with books. No other cable and other way for me to test it. Sold as is. Shipping from 33183 (plus 10 dollars handling). Full disclosure. This was not my unit either but purchase it a while back in Ebay along with a c128 with disk drive. That one was complete but that one was sold (as far as I remember, since I can't find it).

3) Atari Flashback 3 like new. I played this once. You can either bid only for flashback with box or flashback with controllers (full). Up to you. Shipping from 33183 (plus 10 dollars handling). This one is mine.

4) HP Workstation ZX6000 Itanium 2x 1.3GHz 8GB 2X 73G 15k -- This one for sure was working last time I worked with it. I have debian installed but haven't tested it a while. It should be working and I will test it before shipping if purchased.

5) HP INTEGRITY RX1620 1U SERVER Dual 1.3GHz 4GB ver 2.18 -- This one did turned on but I needed a special cable to connect to console, since it doesn't have a video card, as far as I remember.

6) Sun Blade 100 Ultra SPARC IIe computer workstation -- No idea if it works.

7) A Dec Alpha Server it was working. I tried to add more HD but I wasn't able to do so. Of course, the OpenVMS license expired because it is the hobby license but you can still get it (it must be renew every year). For the OpenVMS I may have media. (for the alpha -- I don't have media for OpenVMS running on Itanium).

Also, the house where is stored is non-smoking and no-pets. However, the Amiga 600 and C64 came from other houses. I think the Amiga 600 doesn't have any smell (at least to me). The C64 may have a smell of old. The keyboard of the Amiga seems to be a bit more yellowish that one would want. The flashback is perfect. The other servers are fine except that some of them may have a few scratches and so forth.

Best offer must be sent (I may decline if too low) via PM no later than January 3rd, 23:59pm EST

If you are outbid, I will let you know.

Everything sold as is.

See images attached.

Item 1-3) See All images

IMG 5620

IMG 5621

IMG 5622

IMG 5623

IMG 5624

IMG 5625

IMG 5626

IMG 5627

IMG 5628

IMG 5629

IMG 5631

IMG 5634

IMG 5635

IMG 5636

IMG 5637

IMG 5638

IMG 5639

IMG 5640

IMG 5641

IMG 5642

IMG 5643

IMG 5644

IMG 5645

IMG 5647

IMG 5648

IMG 5649

IMG 5650

IMG 5651

or on link for full resolution (also in gallery :

)

http://iblues.cc/vc

What are the bids up to on the A600?

Early on the bidding process, since we are doing manually, people were bidding over a few dollars. It is hard for me to keep track over PM. Therefore, I started asking for higher increments.

The current bid is 150. I was asking for the next to be 201. However, this may be too much. I'm going to start asking for increments of 26 dollars and then 25 after that.

Therefore, if anyone wants to bid 176 or higher, please send me a PM.

If someone does, the next one will be 201.

Highest BID FOR C64 and Disk, 40 Dollars by wongojack

Everyone else can bid here.

I do reserve the right for this C64 to reject bidding if it remains at 40.

If I may ask, how are you determining that a bid is "too low"? What are these hidden reserves being waged against? Ebay I am guessing?

I don't think I'll be participating in these "bid posts" again. Call me old fashioned, but give me a product and a price...buy if I want, not if I don't...just like it has been done for the many years I have been buying and selling here. I could just do this on ebay and see the bid increments in real time. I hope these types of sales don't become a habit in the marketplace. Just my opinion mind you.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1

If I may ask, how are you determining that a bid is "too low"? What are these hidden reserves being waged against? Ebay I am guessing?

I don't think I'll be participating in these "bid posts" again. Call me old fashioned, but give me a product and a price...buy if I want, not if I don't...just like it has been done for the many years I have been buying and selling here. I could just do this on ebay and see the bid increments in real time. I hope these types of sales don't become a habit in the marketplace. Just my opinion mind you.

The message I posted was for the c-64. The person provided a bid for something I considered lower than I would take and I did explain this to the person.

In your particular case, If I'm not mistaken, you proposed a bid for the Amiga. You were never told that your bid was too low.

The bids for the amiga are totally open and anyone can bid for it, as in the particular message. When I started the thread, I stated what I was planning to do.

The value for the Amiga right now is 176. Anyone can bid higher than that.

Also, on Ebay you don't know the reserve either.

I hope this makes a bit more sense.

EDIT:

I also did it here in the Marketplace because I was hoping to sell people in the community, since I'm also part of it.

EDIT 2:

I do thank you for your feedback. I don't sell for a living minus a few items in Ebay. Here is my first time that I had someone bid on it, so I will do it differently next time. maybe I will just posted in Ebay). I think here is better, there is less people, so it may ended up being a better price for everyone.

Agreed.

You were ok with this and sent a few bids to get the Amiga 600 until you were outbid to a level that may not have been a price you want to pay for. The C64 user, which I may endup still selling it for 40, it is ok with this, but you seem not to be ok, after you actually participated on this.

I wonder why, now, all of the sudden, you feel this way. What am I doing that may not be ok to do? I don't think no one was forced to bid. I didn't want to set prices. I specified this early on, on the first post.

Anyways, I'm ok doing anything that moderator may want to do it. I don't do this for a leaving, nor I sell to add value to my income. Nevertheless, like anyone, I'm trying to maximize the profit while providing it to the community here. If I knew this was going to be a problem, I would have just placed it on eBay.

If the highest bidder want me to place this on eBay, I will do it, otherwise, I have to respect the rules of the games, which the user that is currently holding the highest bid for the amiga, will win this at the specified date, as agreed. The C64 case will be looked at also during the same date, provided on the first post.

I hope this is not a cause of conflict. I'm here trying to sell equipment that I'm not going to use. That's all. I don't buy and sell to make profit. Actually, in most of the things that I want to sell, at times, I loose money.

• Like 1

The message I posted was for the c-64. The person provided a bid for something I considered lower than I would take and I did explain this to the person.

In your particular case, If I'm not mistaken, you proposed a bid for the Amiga. You were never told that your bid was too low.

The bids for the amiga are totally open and anyone can bid for it, as in the particular message. When I started the thread, I stated what I was planning to do.

The value for the Amiga right now is 176. Anyone can bid higher than that.

Also, on Ebay you don't know the reserve either.

I hope this makes a bit more sense.

EDIT:

I also did it here in the Marketplace because I was hoping to sell people in the community, since I'm also part of it.

EDIT 2:

I do thank you for your feedback. I don't sell for a living minus a few items in Ebay. Here is my first time that I had someone bid on it, so I will do it differently next time. maybe I will just posted in Ebay). I think here is better, there is less people, so it may ended up being a better price for everyone.

I PMed regarding the Amiga and you asked what was my bid. I said $100 and you said someone already bid that amount and would I like to try again. I said $120. Then you said would I bid $150. I said yeah....reluctantly. All of this just seems kind of off to me personally. I was a little relieved honestly when I received the PM from you today telling me that I was "outbid". Then I saw that someone (who I know is a good AA member that I have dealt with in the past) might not get the C64 as the bid was too low for you....and I started really thinking about all of this. It just doesn't jive with me. Not saying you are a deadbeat or anything (I do not believe you are) but the whole bid thing just doesn't sit right with me. You are in the marketplace, why not just sell the items you want to sell? If you want to price them high at first, do so. No bites, lower the price or ask for offers. That is how just about all of us have done it for as far as I can remember.

Again, its just me. Carry on. If a moderator deems this should be in the auction forum I would agree. If not, good luck on your sales. It is my fault for biting and not fully understanding how this is working I suppose. Just not used to this type of marketplace selling I guess...

Edited by eightbit

I PMed regarding the Amiga and you asked what was my bid. I said $100 and you said someone already bid that amount and would I like to try again. I said $120. Then you said would I bid $150. I said yeah....reluctantly. All of this just seems kind of off to me personally. I was a little relieved honestly when I received the PM from you today telling me that I was "outbid". Then I saw that someone (who I know is a good AA member that I have dealt with in the past) might not get the C64 as the bid was too low for you....and I started really thinking about all of this. It just doesn't jive with me. Not saying you are a deadbeat or anything (I do not believe you are) but the whole bid thing just doesn't sit right with me. You are in the marketplace, why not just sell the items you want to sell? If you want to price them high at first, do so. No bites, lower the price or ask for offers. That is how just about all of us have done it for as far as I can remember.

Thank you for your feedback. It is my first time selling here. There is nothing off about this and only people who want to participate, do so.

I already sent you a PM with more details. All I said, to be transparent , and I PM the person first, I think 40 is too low. Am I wrong to say that is too low? However, out of respect, I place his bid under that condition and I told him. No one is saying that he will not get it.

For all of you that have sold before, you could have address this to me, so I would know next time. I think is the form.

Anyways, I know next time not to use the Marketplace for auctions, and I probably will not sell in the community directly and just place the link for eBay. I did try to do it in a way that would work for everyone.

One thing is to said that this approach may not be ideal. And sure, I will consider it.

Would you like me to withdraw the highest bidders and not sell it. This is already on-going and as long I'm not told I'm not doing anything illegal or shady, I think out of respect to those people, including the person you know, I should keep this open until the date I specified.

I don't want to continue this. Believe me that I have taken your points.

Furthermore, any proceed that comes from the C64 and DD, will be donated to AtariAge entirely (assuming they accept). I'm not here to make money but to recoup a bit to buy other equipment in the Atari 8bit section.

Current Bids

Amiga

176 dollars

C64 with DD

40 dollars

They are both open and I have lifted the reserved from C64.

any proceed that comes from the C64 and DD, will be donated to AtariAge entirely (assuming they accept).

(I'm keeping the proceeds from Amiga).

• Like 1

I'll chime in and say that I've been chatting with Blues76 and aside from perhaps just getting a little ahead of himself, I don't think he intended for this to get out of control or anything. I certainly don't think he was trying to take advantage, and I don't want him to sell me something at a price he is uncomfortable with.

FWIW, I've seen the auction style forum bidding on other sites like Nintendo Age. It works well over there, but they do have some pretty established rules.

I advised Blues to buy a cheap cable and test the C64c. After that he can resume this process, and if it is indeed working then the bids should shoot up. After all a properly identified C64c with a 1571 that is tested and working should bring in much more than $40. Or maybe someone else will want to take a chance on this for more than $40 and life will go on. I will of course also honor my opening bid.

For anyone else reading this, there are a few other tips that make AtariAge selling go easily, but they all basically boil down to 2 things:

1) Tell us what price you want for an item

(list a price and if you are willing to negotiate)

2) Don't make us do math

(Avoid this stuff: plus $10 for handling, plus shipping, plus PayPal fees )

Personally, I saw this thread and enjoyed the variation a bit. The bidding process actually caused me to respond where I might not have otherwise, but most people on here want you to stick to #1 and #2 above.

• Like 4

Note about Amiga: I'm not sure if the Floppy Disk Drive or the actual disks may not be working but when I pressed enter, it goes back to the boot screen.

I would recommend to hold on on the bids until I know further (canceling the amiga sell) but it is up to you the higher bidder. Waiting on his response.

Current Bids

Amiga

176 dollars

C64 with DD

40 dollars

They are both open

any proceed that comes from the C64 and DD, will be donated to AtariAge entirely (assuming they accept).

(I'm keeping the proceeds from Amiga).

The C64 and the amiga are on hold. The amiga 600 floppy disk drive may not be working and I gave the option to highest bidder to exit the auction. This means that the Amiga will be place on auction at a later time once I'm able to determined if it is the floppy disk or not (or once I fix it). Same goes for C64 (in this case, the problem is that I don't know if it works since I don't have the TV cable but I purchase it).