IGNORED

Rocks! Astrosmash!-inspired game free download

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've updated my blog to include a game I wrote almost 20 years ago that was inspired by Astrosmash!. You can find out more by visiting my blog:

http://www.carlmuellerjr.com

Needless to say donations are very welcome :-) and if you plan on buying something from Amazon, please use the links on the right side of the page. It costs you nothing and helps me out!

Happy new year, Carl

• Like 9

I just checked it out. Awesomeness! The exploding rock sounds are eerily familiar for some reason.

And hey, any time a modern page mentions the Gravis Ultrasound, it's a winner for sure! :)

Thanks for sharing that!

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've updated my blog to include a game I wrote almost 20 years ago that was inspired by Astrosmash!. You can find out more by visiting my blog:

http://www.carlmuellerjr.com

Needless to say donations are very welcome :-) and if you plan on buying something from Amazon, please use the links on the right side of the page. It costs you nothing and helps me out!

Happy new year, Carl

I haven't had a chance to download and try this game yet,

But i watched the video, and based on the video I would say "this game ... " ...uh , er, what's that word I'm looking for? You know, when something is cool and exciting in the same way as a hot band's music is exciting? What is that word....

Oh well, I'll think of it. In any case, the game looks cool.

Catsfolly

• Like 1

Thanks for all the encouraging words.

As for the controller, this is an MS-DOS-based game that only supports keyboard, but it is possible to map a standard controller through DOS box that mimics keypresses.

Still, I think keyboard is best. Remember that you need to have a handy finger that can balance between trust and counterthrust, which is really a key to becoming a good player in the floating version of the game.

I was thinking of making this into Intellivision game, but the graphics would take a huge hit with all the smooth rotation. Plus, since I can't physically work on the graphics, the project never one forward.

Love the GUS. I have a lot of Ultra Tracker modules that I wrote… Perhaps I'll post them to the blog some day. :-)

Carl

They make DOSBox versions for other systems including Mac OSX, Linux, Android, Windows.

The floating rocks game feels like a finished Astrosmash Meteor. Its well done. Press 'A' to turn off autofire.

Thanks!

I did the opposite to John Sohl -- I focused on the floating game where as the falling game was kind of an afterthought, although I'm pleased enough with both variations of the game.

If anyone would be willing to record some gameplay footage or just post snapshots of your highscore, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Edited by Carl Mueller Jr