IGNORED

Greetings, Lurkers! Come in and say hello.

Hi, I'm Simone and I am addicted to Intellivision. It's my favourite video game system since my childhood. I kept on playing it even when all my friends had moved to more modern systems or home computers. I own 123 games of the 125. My favourite games are Treasure of Tarmin and Cloudy Mountain. I flew for 14 hours to go to a retro game convention. I'm Simone and I am addicted to Intellivision

• Like 6

Hello all! I'm Eric** and I'm here because I'm poor and my only chance to complete the 122*** is with the help of a strong collecting community to help me find some deals. I sometimes make boxes and overlays for things and first started playing Intellivision in 1981. Got back into collecting the games back in 2006. BBWW is my spirit animal, Rev is my hero, and cmart's collection frightens me.

**the boring one

***I'll never be able to afford Learning Fun I or II or Spiker

• Like 7

Greetings! I am KylJoy (Phil in the real world) and I've been a huge Intellivision fan since I sold my Atari 2600 to get my first one waaaaaaay back. I love the Atari VCS, too, but I could not afford both at that time! I collected EVERYTHING video game related for years and had a huge collection that I was quite proud of.

A sad story... When I became a father I decided to "grow up" and make space. I threw all of my computers (C64, Amiga, Atari, Sinclair, TRS-80, Mac, Apple II, TI-99, Coco, many others) and video games (Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Colecovision, INTELLIVISION, RCA Studio II, NES, Fairchild Channel F, Astrocade, Vectrex, Super NES, Sega Master System, Turbo Grafx 16, Sega Genesis, Odyssey, Odyssey 2, etc.) and hundreds of software packages and game cartridges in my truck and took it all to Goodwill and GAVE IT AWAY. Three truckloads later I had no collection. I gave away many rare things (they were less rare then but very expensive now) and I am rebuilding my collection now that my kids are growing up. I've got most of it back now but it cost me! :) I've also moved on into systems that are old now but didn't exist when I was collecting before.

I lurk a bit but I've been around a while and am not hesitant to speak up. :) Lurkers, tell us who you are!

• Like 5

I am not sure what a Lurker is, but is it o.k. if if I post here? :dunce:

A lurker reads other's posts and secretly absorbs information without posting or interacting. They "lurk" around silently and secretly. As Peter Sellers' character in "Being There" said, "I (They) like to watch."

• Like 2

Hello,

My name is Dale, I live in Los Angeles CA. very close to the birthplace of the Intellivision which was produced just south of me in Torrance CA. at Mattel.

I love my system and have an awesome collection which I am very proud of and I call complete, at least in my eyes.

I have met many great friends as well as people who just love collecting and playing games along the way.

I feel my best story is after trashing my original collection, the boxes,etc. while playing the games so much with my friends in the early 80's, I decided in 1996 to start my collection all over.

In the early days of the Internet I found that the last of the INTV games were distributed through Radio Shack and Telegames in Texas around1990+.

Then I contacted Telegames in the UK in early 1997 or so, spent a couple grand on Spiker!, Learning Fun 1 and 2, Wrestling and believe it or not 15 copies of Decathlon all boxed and in mint shape. Plus many more.Two huge boxes of INTV goodness!

It put me in debt at the time,but obviously now looking back it was worth every penny! Sold off the Decathlon's way too quickly to cover costs, it goes with the hobby! Have fun collecting! :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Greetings! I am KylJoy (Phil in the real world) and I've been a huge Intellivision fan since I sold my Atari 2600 to get my first one waaaaaaay back. I love the Atari VCS, too, but I could not afford both at that time! I collected EVERYTHING video game related for years and had a huge collection that I was quite proud of.

A sad story... When I became a father I decided to "grow up" and make space. I threw all of my computers (C64, Amiga, Atari, Sinclair, TRS-80, Mac, Apple II, TI-99, Coco, many others) and video games (Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Colecovision, INTELLIVISION, RCA Studio II, NES, Fairchild Channel F, Astrocade, Vectrex, Super NES, Sega Master System, Turbo Grafx 16, Sega Genesis, Odyssey, Odyssey 2, etc.) and hundreds of software packages and game cartridges in my truck and took it all to Goodwill and GAVE IT AWAY. Three truckloads later I had no collection. I gave away many rare things (they were less rare then but very expensive now) and I am rebuilding my collection now that my kids are growing up. I've got most of it back now but it cost me! :) I've also moved on into systems that are old now but didn't exist when I was collecting before.

I lurk a bit but I've been around a while and am not hesitant to speak up. :) Lurkers, tell us who you are!

So, ditto on the first paragraph. Sold my 2600 (Sears Tele-Game Heavy Sixer) through a newspaper ad to get my first Inty way back when. I never really had any other game systems. (But played lots of games on my old Amiga 1000). Ran across a 2600 and some games while volunteering at a thrift store for one of my daughters elementary classes in the late 90's, took it home and got my (then very young daughters) playing and I have been collecting and playing classic games ever since.

I have a pretty good collection of systems and games. Magnavox Odyssey, Fairchild channel F (I and II), Astrocades, APF MP 1000, Emerson Arcadia, O2, Atari 2600, 5200 and 7800 and a Jaguar, Studio II, Vectrex, SMS. Several other dedicated systems and some newer stuff. I have been on the AA boards for quite a while but have been mostly on the Intellivision section over the past couple of years.

I think IntyBasic is the greatest thing ever created and I still don't understand how to do a lot of the things I want to with it but I am still trying.Now that my kids are out of the house I don't collect like I used to but I love Homebrew games and try to get them whenever possible and support the hobby as much as I can.

I spend more time than I should lurking around. I often start typing in replies full of wit and some of the absolute funniest things ever, but usually I change my mind before posting and move on to another thread.

• Like 4

I'm Gerry from canada. Newfoundland originally really but live in toronto lately....i don't know why. Anyways I always visit the coleco forum, then the intellivision forum , atari forums and occasionally the tandy forum. I love seeing the interest in these systems.

They still do what they always did. Very few people had these systems when they were new where i grew up so it was very special thing if someone invited you in to play coleco or atari or intellivision. might only be once a year you got to use that system. And if someone got a new game you had to go to his house. He was the only one in town that had it.

Anywasy I love the homebrew scene and think it keeps new interest in these systems rather than just discussing the same original games all the time.

• Like 5