IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2017 (Season 10)

@Jin: That sounds fine! The 3D sounds like it's basically the equivalent of an emulation filter, without changing the underlying game.

Awesome! Your assessment sounds perfectly reasonable to me, since the games in question would be identical to the original versions in every respect if the 3D feature was shut off. I'll go ahead and pick up a few 3D versions of some of my Genesis favorites from the 3DS eShop then. :)

• Like 2

Amiga CD32:

Chaos Engine - 2 min.

Atari 8-bit:

Pogo Joe - 12 min.

Pogoman - 60 min.

Intellivision:

Donkey Kong - 2 min.

MSX:

Knightmare - 2 min.

NES:

Super Mario Bros 1 - 11 min.

Nintendo 64:

Banjo Kazooie - 3 min.

Super Mario 64 - 2 min.

PC DOS:

4D Stunts - 39 min.

Philips Videopac G7000:

Skiing - 7 min.

PlayStation:

Gran Turismo - 9 min.

TI-99/4A:

Parsec - 6 min.

This week was a combination of Atari 8-bit HSC, a hunt for some my own systems that I haven't played for a while and inventory day at the club which is why I have several systems with short amounts of play time. Fortunately nearly all systems in inventory were complete and working.

Edit: Hmm, 4 more pre-NES games and I would have made sure on my own all three lists would be filled this week.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 4

Here are my times for this past week (August 21th through 27th)...

Commodore 64:

Side Pacman - 43 min.

Snapman - 72 min. in 4 sessions

Online (non-eligibe):

Dino Run - 3 min.

TI-99:

Munch Man II - 62 min.

This week I played some more Pac-Man variants. I already played Munch Man II in June. This time I got a bit farther since it actually features two of the mazes of Ms. Pac-Man which I'm very familiar with by now.

Side Pacman (I hope this is the correct name) is a Pac-Man clone on the C-64 rotated by 90 degrees, and it's pretty hard because it's FAST!

Snapman is also based on Pac-Man, but with two slightly different mazes. This actually was a type-in program in a computer mag, but isn't bad at all for a Pac-Man clone. It gradually speeds up as you progress through the waves.

FInally, the online game Dino Run is the only non-Pac-Man based game I played this week... it's a jump and run where you have to reach the goal with a running little dinosaur avoiding many obstacles on the way. You can find it online on Kongregate.

• Like 5

My totals... another small week...

GameBoy

Smurfs - 30 min (I can get all the way to the fourth stage using only one or two lives, but then I die repeatedly in the swamp. I would have played more, but my girlfriend's Roku remote needed the AAA batteries and I haven't gone to buy more yet...)

Genesis

Castlevania: Bloodlines - 32 min (So, apparently I had gotten past the water throwing wizard thing before, because I did it again and I recognized some of the next stage. Oh well. I also got past him using the guy with the spear instead of the whip. I've always thought he was easier to use.)

Phantasy Star II - 28 min (Was just messing around... this was actually on the GameBoy Advance Phantasy Star Collection cartridge. It should still count, I think. Anyway, I may try to play all the way through it at some point. The only PS game I've ever beaten was PSIII.)

Ineligible

XBox One

Forza Motorsport 6 - several hours? I didn't really time this because I knew it wasn't eligible. I'm going through and trying to win all the races in the career mode. It's really a lot of racing... and a lot of it over the same tracks several times just using different cars. I'm like level 93 or something, but I've seen people online in the 200s. It's fun for a while, then I'll get bored with it and play something else for a while then come back to play again for a couple of days. Anyway, Forza 7 is coming out soon, but I doubt I'll be getting it right away.

• Like 5

My times for the week:

Game Boy:
Jimmy Connors Tennis - 21 min.
SNES:
Jimmy Connors Pro Tennis Tour - 375 min.
Radical Psycho Machine Racing - 32 min.
Philips CD-i:
Accelerator - 4 min.
Steel Machine - 62 min.
Beat Jimmy Connors Pro Tennis Tour on Professional difficulty, with the same bugged ending as last time I beat it. Alas.
  • Like 6

Atari 2600

Frogger: 5 min

Outlaw: 3 min

Jungle Hunt: 7 min

Ms Pac Man: 10 min

The interesting part of this week's playtime was WHERE it was played. I have set up the Vader console I scored a few weeks ago at my workplace. The intention is to have a little lunch break distraction with some of the colleagues every now and then - if we don't need the room for other things. We'll see how it turns out. There is also a bad RF connection with which I'll have to deal. Right now, it's still quite the snowstorm on screen :-).

Outlaw suffered from the problem that I only had one working joystick at that time. So it was just a few minutes of demonstration, not real gameplay.

• Like 5

Finally got some controller adapters for my Videopac G7200 so tested it out and surprisingly all of my O2 games I tried so far play fine on it :) also played a little Sega CD

Odyssey 2/Videopac

post-39068-0-18773900-1503918387_thumb.jpg

Attack of the Timelord - 156min

Demon Attack - 30min

Power Lords - 45min

Skiing - 25min

Sega CD

Jurrassic Park - 30min

• Like 8

Odyssey2/Videopac

1. Air Assault - 60 min

2. Frogger - 20 min

3. K.C. Munchkin - 65 min

4. Killer Bees - 75 min

5. Pick Axe Pete - 28 min

6. Powerlords - 48 min

7. Qbert - 27 min

8. Superbee - 24 min

9. Super Cobra - 20 min

10 - Turtles - 36 min

Neo Geo AES:

1. King of Fighters 96 - 210 min

2. Pulstar - 139 min

3. Savage Reign - 157 min

Turbografx 16 - Atlantean - 136 min

• Like 6

Finally got some controller adapters for my Videopac G7200 so tested it out and surprisingly all of my O2 games I tried so far play fine on it :) also played a little Sega CD

Odyssey 2/Videopac

attachicon.gifKIMG0510.JPG

Attack of the Timelord - 156min

Demon Attack - 30min

Power Lords - 45min

Skiing - 25min

Sega CD

Jurrassic Park - 30min

I need one of those Videopac`s!! Nice!

• Like 2

I had no tracked time this week, but I played King's Quest (2015) A LOT.

I am incredibly impressed with this game. The story is a clever and touching narrative that progresses through the chapters showing the aging of King Graham and the maturation of his family. It hearkens back to the original series in inventive ways, and you can tell touches on the developers' own experiences with making the games and likely growing through various life stages while making the classic series.

The puzzles are great. This is not like the recent Telltale games. You actually have to think about these. However, they aren't too hard and every time something has happened that makes me a little frustrated, the game redeems itself by reaching new levels of creativity and characterization.

• Like 5

This is going to be a rather short post from me this week, partly due to the small amount of tracker eligible gaming time from my household but mostly because after attending my first convention this weekend I got hit with a nasty case of the "con crud" and have been too sick to stay awake for more than 2 hours or at a time or do anything even remotely productive the last couple days. :woozy:

7bLUjYI.jpg

Ineligible

DJ Hero (Nintendo Wii) - 32 minutes

DJ Hero 2 (Nintendo Wii) - 47 minutes

Moon Chronicles (Nintendo 3DS) - 333 minutes

Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions (Nintendo 3DS) - 174 minutes

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (Nintendo Wii) - 226 minutes

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Nintendo 3DS) - 44 minutes

Arcade

Pac-Man (played on Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions for Nintendo 3DS) - 14 minutes

Sega Genesis (Emulated on Nintendo Wii)

Dragon's Fury - 26 minutes

Sonic 3 & Knuckles - 80 minutes

Total Play Time This Week
976 minutes (16 hours 16 minutes) [120 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo 3DS: 551 minutes

Nintendo Wii: 305 minutes

Sega Genesis: 106 minutes

Arcade: 14 minutes

This week was another week of mostly 3DS and Wii games for me, as I wrapped up Moon: Chronicles then ended up being so busy spending time with a friend from out of state who came to visit for the local Furry Migration convention this weekend that I didn't have much time for gaming. I still managed to get in a few games of Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection and DJ Hero 1 & 2 on the Wii here and there, and the occasional round of Pac-Man Championship on the 3DS Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions compilation while out on smoke breaks, but for the most part the last half the week was relatively gaming free for me.

As far as the misses' gaming for the past week goes she finished up Sonic 3 & Knuckles for the Genesis and played a few rounds of the surprisingly satanic pinball game Dragon's Fury for the same system one morning, but that was really it for her for the majority of the week. While out and about on Saturday I did pick her up a copy of Virtue's Last Reward (the sequel to the game 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors that she enjoyed so much over the past month) and she started in on that one for a little bit before the convention but hasn't had the time to get back to it yet.

Looking ahead to next week I did download a couple 3D remakes of some of my favorite classic games from the 3DS eShop today, so I'll probably be playing those a bit here and there while I'm laid out with this nasty cocktail of cold and flu viruses. I'm not sure if there's any classic games on the spousal unit's radar at this point, but I do know that she's pretty excited to get back to Virtue's Last Reward in the near future so I imagine she'll be borrowing my 3DS for that if my cold germs don't scare her away from it. :lol: Until next time, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours.

• Like 5

Gotta get the times in...

Dreamcast:

Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 - 300 minutes

Famicom:

F1 Hero - 75 minutes

Well, modern gaming took this week for me - the new update for GTA V means that some friends and I are all going back to revisit what we used to play a ton of on our PCs - but I got a tiny bit of retro gaming in.

So, Dreamcast was the big thing past GTA V, as I was messing with PSOv2. For this week, well I have a server to sit in - the Sylverant "private" server (not too private to get into) - which has some activity here and there. Once I was connected, well... yeah, everyone is a really high level compared to me but whatever. I had no luck finding the old Dreamcast stuff but I still have a good bit to look through, so I'm hoping I can find my old character and maybe use that one instead. Past that, well I went on some adventures doing simple quests and attempted to chat using a controller - it doesn't work well, it's really slow, but hey it's fun.

Famicom got some play as I wanted to test a new TV - we got this LG curved 4K whatever set - and I was wondering if it would accept a lower-quality signal, so I threw the Fami on... well, it worked after a bit of adjustment to my surprise. F1 Hero is a new addition to my collection, we got a boxed copy in at work a while ago which nobody had bought for the month it's been on the shelf so I paid all of $5 for it to be on my shelf. It's not a bad game, I just suck at most racers so I always fail on the qualifier or whatever,

So school started back up - senior year of high school - so I'm going to adjust the gaming schedule a bit. Handhelds will be coming up some more - maybe the NGPC and Game Gear for some fun - as I only have one class that isn't a blowoff or a completely independent programming class adjusted towards someone with absolutely no experience for the semester. In addition to all that, well when the second semester of the schoolyear starts, I have all four periods on my schedule marked blank. Turns out I don't need to take any more classes to graduate past this one last "core class" (English) as I've got more credits than I need in pretty much everything else and all the electives honestly suck, so I'm going to have a lot of freetime. The plan right now which I worked out with the band instructor is that I'm just going to take an "internship" with him (direct the middle school bands a bit, get copies, help the marching band stuff) but that leaves me with at least a few hours a day to do nothing. I may just end up bringing in a Raspberry Pi loaded with some stuff to screw around with if I'm not playing random insturments, as if I have absolutely no classes then it's not the worst thing I could be doing anyways.

Next week is going to be a bit of a bunch of stuff - a few dudes got me thinking about playing Parasite Eve on the PS1 again, so I may try to beat my previous speedrun record of 5h48min, I want to mess with some Game Gear stuff, and I just want to mess with the arcade machine.

• Like 5

Here's the summary for Week 34, running from August 21 - 27. We logged 3254 minutes of eligible play, playing 57 games on a total of 21 systems.

Top 10:

1. Jimmy Connors Pro Tennis Tour (SNES) - 375

2. Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 (Dreamcast) - 300

3. King of Fighters '96 (Neo Geo AES/MVS) - 210

4. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 192

5. Savage Reign (Neo Geo AES/MVS) - 157

6. Attack of the Timelord (Odyssey^2) - 156

7. Pulstar (Neo Geo AES/MVS) - 139

8. Atlantean (TG-16/PC Engine) - 136

9. Power Lords (Odyssey^2) - 93

10. Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Genesis) - 80

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 192

2. Attack of the Timelord (Odyssey^2) - 156

3. Power Lords (Odyssey^2) - 93

4. Killer Bees (Odyssey^2) - 75

5. Missile Command (Atari 2600) - 73

6. Snapman (C64) - 72

7. K.C. Munchkin (Odyssey^2) - 65

8. Munch Man II (TI-99/4A) - 62

9. Pogoman (Atari 8-bit) - 60

9. Air Assault (Odyssey^2) - 60

Top 10 systems:

1. Odyssey^2 (666)

2. Neo Geo AES/MVS (506)

3. SNES (407)

4. Atari 2600 (401)

5. Dreamcast (300)

6. Genesis (166)

7. TG-16/PC Engine (136)

8. Atari Jaguar (125)

9. C64 (115)

10. NES/Famicom (86)

It's one of those "three charts topped by three different platforms" weeks as, with the US Open just starting up, Jimmy Connors Pro Tennis Tour is our most-played single game. Meanwhile the Odyssey^2 takes the system laurels (accompanied by a faint whiff of brimstone), and Kaboom keeps on kaboomin'.

Connors also accedes to spot #298 in the 1000-minute club, with 1081 minutes logged to date.

• Like 5