IGNORED

HSC14 Welcome & Games List

I did finally find a couple of bugs in Tree Surgeon.

One affects gameplay, although it's by doing something you would have no reason to in normal gameplay.

If you stand on the left side of the diving board and push the joystick button, the guy will jump up in the air about

10 feet or so and then various P/M glitches will occur. The game cannot be recovered after this point. I'm wondering

if jumping up like that had some planned purpose in the game? Either way, there's no reason to do it, as you're safe

from the squirrel just by standing on the diving board.

The other bug that doesn't affect gameplay happens if you go underground, where you dig the roots out. If you press

the <START> button so you can begin a new game, the player data for the guy underground will remain and you'll have

an extra image of the guy below you that will follow you around as you select your level. It's no problem, as the P/M data

will be cleared when a new game is started. This doesn't happen if you start a new game while on the tree dumping level.

In spite of those couple little glitches, the game is really good, and the programmer added a lot of details in gameplay and

graphics. The levels progress well, becoming more challenging and adding enemies. The music and sounds are done

well too.

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1

I think I remember you can jump right up (on my copy anyway) without it going wrong.

"Right up"? I'm not sure exactly what you mean here Bob.

The game gets too easy on PAL *I think*

You PAL people have everything easy. :P

possibly extra men

It seemed like sometimes I should have lost a man on the tree dumping level when I didn't. But I was just assuming that they were considering having to go back to the starting point enough of setback, and/or that certain lesser mistakes didn't justify losing a life. I'll have to pay closer attention next time I play it a while.

...or something like it doesn't get any harder after a certain point :ponder:

It may not, but it's been hard enough for me not to get more than about 25,000 points so far. I've just been playing fairly casually, but I think it's pretty challenging overall -- especially if the game is new, as some of the game mechanics take a little getting used to. I suppose for some seasoned gamers like yourself it might get to that point. Anyway, something to consider; if you all aren't interested, I play alone. ;)

"Right up"? I'm not sure exactly what you mean here Bob.

You PAL people have everything easy. :P

It seemed like sometimes I should have lost a man on the tree dumping level when I didn't. But I was just assuming that they were considering having to go back to the starting point enough of setback, and/or that certain lesser mistakes didn't justify losing a life. I'll have to pay closer attention next time I play it a while.

It may not, but it's been hard enough for me not to get more than about 25,000 points so far. I've just been playing fairly casually, but I think it's pretty challenging overall -- especially if the game is new, as some of the game mechanics take a little getting used to. I suppose for some seasoned gamers like yourself it might get to that point. Anyway, something to consider; if you all aren't interested, I play alone. ;)

How about we make it a bonus game for the next round (starting next Sunday) the new poll for the main game will start soon :)

• 3 weeks later...

Fortune Hunter - has some graphics bugs, but is kind of playable in its simplicity

Joe a Ptaci - unable to understand the controls, but slow as crap (BASIC game)

Let's Hop - this one is a Bounder clone that counts score, time and distance, quite playable actually!

Oh! Frankie! - not that fun, although it has some playability value

Pyromania - BASIC game, slow but simple

Actually I'm willing to concede four of those and instead propose a combo deal with Trailblazer and Let's Hop. Of course a game like Yoomp! would fit there as well, but I imagine it has been played over and over by now.

• 5 months later...