IGNORED

No "Death Race' for 2600?

Everett1954

On 5/8/2024 at 5:53 PM, x=usr(1536) said:

And this is definitely different to the one he sent me:

1536@lolbox Desktop % shasum -a 256 ./Death\ Race\ Patreon\ \(Michael\ Salzman\).bin ./Death\ Race\ Joystick.bin 
032aa6965f59bbb74e9e7d322018b12ee1ff8936f53cec5f637c8dc5745bd628  ./Death Race Patreon (Michael Salzman).bin
81caf1f0c10d816689cadb46a6985a596c84ebf8495eac3b02cfad7273ade2a7  ./Death Race Joystick.bin
1536@lolbox Desktop % 

Very cool!  Great to have the Patreon version added to the mix.  Thank you, @Living Room Arcade!

As a general aside, this version is much more playable with a joystick, and seems to be closer to (if not actually) a final version.  The one that was posted earlier feels more like a WIP, but it's interesting to see the progression.

God i've gotta try this soon, been wanting a Death Race 2600 since... i first... heard about the game...

• Like 3

i tried the patreon and earlier version, i imagine its better with paddle if it supports that but even if not the latter version was kinda addictive, part of me thinks if modern atari wants a homebrew to finish, this would be killer...

ty Salzman...

• Like 1