IGNORED

Dungeon II: Solstice

s0c7

Yeah.... sorry guys... coming soon...... It'll be worth it when it does. The label art is mind blowingly good. We're trying to get everything just right....

Anyway, if you can't hold out you can always play the core game and save trying to find anything else that may be lurking about for a later date. It takes about the same amount of time as a game of Adventure or Haunted House (getting old, no time for giant games that take forever to play). Bear in mind it is easier to win with certain characters than others.

Irks me to no end to know for sure Atari COULD have done a game in this vein back in '79-'80.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There are some real life things delaying a physical release at the moment, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. There's been one thing bothering me about things as they were, but I just couldn't scrounge up enough free space to change it. Stepping away for a bit, I was able to look at it with fresh eyes and free up a few more bytes. So there's been a tweak to the "extra content" that makes it harder and make more logical sense within the overall narrative. Also, one very minor color tweak to the PAL60 version.

Release candidate 9 in the first post.

• Like 3

Played this a bit this morning. A few comments:

1. Very well done . Graphics are nice and choosing between the classes very cool. I encountered no bugs while playing

2. The key being on random place is nice

3. Being able to recharge before entering the temple is very cool.

4. The crow temple is very difficult. I have not won game yet but will keep trying.

I suggest either the probability of successfully running from crows be slightly increased, or they appear less frequently.

You might be out of memory, but if there is a way to incorporate difficulty switch ( easy = start with more hit points , or enemies appear less frequently or something like this).

5. Again probably a memory issue, but it would be nice to see the enemy hit points remaining. This could help with deciding whether to stay and fight or try to run .

Edited by easmith

1 - 3. Thanks!

4. Yeah, it is quite hard. One or two wins out of five is not unusual for me. Unless the random placement of the walls and mistletoe goes in your favor, it is really hard to win if you don't have and utilize the owl. I do not suggest running from a Crow.

5. I don't have enough ROM for that, but in the end it really isn't needed. If you look at the stats in the manual you can do the mental math. If you've already hit or fire-balled an enemy and they aren't dead, any other hit should finish them off. That's where the owl come in handy.

There are some real life things delaying a physical release at the moment, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. There's been one thing bothering me about things as they were, but I just couldn't scrounge up enough free space to change it. Stepping away for a bit, I was able to look at it with fresh eyes and free up a few more bytes. So there's been a tweak to the "extra content" that makes it harder and make more logical sense within the overall narrative. Also, one very minor color tweak to the PAL60 version.

Release candidate 9 in the first post.

Really want to try the newest out but I am excited for when it is released. Maybe I should go play dungeon instead while I wait!

• 3 months later...

Yes. Based on the screenshot you died and started a new game. The key & owl are randomly placed every time. Maybe in the forest. Maybe in the cave.

For the temple, try to conserve as many spell points (if a spell user) as possible before entering the temple. Fight instead of cast. The monsters in the forest do less damage if they hit you. Use the owl on dark faeries. Cast on the crow if you can. If they don't die, finish them off with the owl. Casting and the owl are automatic hits. Fighting is riskier. Do not try to run in the temple, that works best on the weaker monsters. Healing wastes SP, so don't do it unless you absolutely have to.

IMO, the game is easiest to win with the faerie. The wizard may be the hardest.

And if you get good at it, there is some extra content that can be unlocked.

Indeed. You misused a mystical item you don't fully understand and opened a portal to somewhere you shouldn't be and paid the price for it. However, something else quite significant happened when you opened the gateway. It carries over to future games (at least until you power off).

• 2 weeks later...