IGNORED

Licensing Works and Intellivision Productions - is this Legit?

First Spear

I have 1 Intellivision pencil that Wolfy sent me. It is literally used to mark and cut pieces of the boxes I make like Super Pro Baseball. Intelliception anyone?

My pencils came without a pointy tip, so I can't use them. Rev, your pencils are broken! Better check your supplier next time, these don't write! :grin:

Zorro could make a good game. Personally, I'd prefer something based on Moulin Rouge, which is also on that list. The whole collection strikes me as stuff that should instead be in the public domain by now, like Sherlock Holmes.

A Moulin Rouge game. Sure.

These copyrights could be expired. Names can't be copyrighted anyway but they might be able to be trademarked, and trademarks can go indefinitely. Whether these can be trademarked or not, won't stop people from trying.

I've got Zorro on original C64 tape and played it a while back in the days, but didn't get very far. I thought it was more of an arcade adventure than a puzzle game.

Though is it a given that because one party is licensed to manufacture various merchandise with different brands, they're also licensed to combine the different brands into new products? Indeed it says Moulin Rouge is open for gaming, while it says very little about the Zorro brand and the Tarzan brand licensing mostly seems to be about tanning lotion, protein bars and vitamins.

Interesting comment about Sherlock Holmes. Just recently I learned that one of the reasons why Melbourne House published a rather advanced adventure game based on Sherlock Holmes was that after the success with Hobbit, they tried to secure the rights to LOTR but the gaming rights were already granted another party, so Melbourne needed another franchise, ideally one that already was in the public domain which is how they came upon Sherlock. That game interacts with itself even in locations where the player is not, but also has a number of interesting bugs due to the self-interacting world.

Edited by carlsson

There was a Zorro game released BITD :-

Jeez... its music drones on and on and repeats way too quickly . Hmmm... pretty much describes the game play mechanics too.

Oh, I remember that game, of course! And that music... OMG! MAKE IT STOP!!!! :o

• Like 2