IGNORED

NanoPEB v1 RS232

klrw111-78

So I'm mulling the idea of using a NanoPeb device for my wireless weather station project because then I could have a dedicated console running without a PEB that could stay on for extended periods of time. I don't have a NanoPeb currently, but before I try to get one when they become available again, I need to understand if it emulates the TI serial port exactly or if not what are the differences...

Version 2 apparently does not have a UART, so will likely be incompatible, but version 1 might be promising. Am I correct in this?

I have the version 1 nano (9902-based serial). If you are directly controlling the RS232 port via assembly or routines such as those you've written in RXB, we now know how to get around the differences between nano and PEB RS232. Essentially, you'll need to turn on the card per standard DSR convention, and you may need to adjust your RTS/CTS signal connections to enable transmission. I have modified TIMXT and MidiMaster with success, both requiring an extra CRU operation and a proper cable. The nano might just fit the bill.

I am hoping to try the HDX transfer program this weekend, as I don't want to keep removing and inserting the CF card. If I continue down this path, I'll buy an A/B 2 way DB9 switch box so I don't have to decouple the nano serial port when I switch devices.

Edited by InsaneMultitasker

I have the version 1 nano (9902-based serial). If you are directly controlling the RS232 port via assembly or routines such as those you've written in RXB, we now know how to get around the differences between nano and PEB RS232. Essentially, you'll need to turn on the card per standard DSR convention, and you may need to adjust your RTS/CTS signal connections to enable transmission. I have modified TIMXT and MidiMaster with success, both requiring an extra CRU operation and a proper cable. The nano might just fit the bill.

I am hoping to try the HDX transfer program this weekend, as I don't want to keep removing and inserting the CF card. If I continue down this path, I'll buy an A/B 2 way DB9 switch box so I don't have to decouple the nano serial port when I switch devices.

Good to know! The question then becomes where to find a version 1 NanoPeb... Anyone here willing to separate themselves from one? :)

Good to know! The question then becomes where to find a version 1 NanoPeb... Anyone here willing to separate themselves from one? :)

jaime has been posting them on ebay about 6 to 10 a month over the last few months.

i check for them daily and if I see them I post them on the Ebay watch thread