IGNORED

Don't Worry, GameStop Will Sell You A Nintendo Switch

Just went to today he said they sold all the walkins last night 12am. Nintendo promised they will make more this time. Total bs. But ebay is not bad this time. Some are double but some are not too bad.

It retails 300 and this only 430. Not bad only 100 extra. 130 but by the time you add tax only about 100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con-WILL-SHIP-TOMORROW-/332144408332?hash=item4d5559770c:g:LwEAAOSwTuJYueE2

It retails 300 and this only 430. Not bad only 100 extra. 130 but by the time you add tax only about 100.

In a week or two you'll be able to buy them anywhere for regular price.

This isn't the NES Classic again. The NES Classic was a $60 device that Nintendo has no way of making any further money on. The Switch is a $300 device that they need to have in people's hands in order to sell software, which is how they really make money. One Switch is worth five NES Classics to begin with, and many more than that down the road. So Nintendo has a much bigger financial incentive to have this thing out there and available.

This is like any normal console launch. There are always people trying to scalp initially. But the fact that some people are selling at or even below cost already suggests to me that most people who wanted one at launch got one. And that means that it'll probably be pretty easy to get once even one more shipment comes in.

• Like 2

I waited in the back of the line at Walmart last night to pick up BotW for Wii U. Everyone in the line got a Switch whether they had a pre-order or not. When they got to me they said, "Which console do you want?" They were surprised when I said I actually wanted the game for Wii U. I was the only one there that didn't buy a Switch. Had I wanted a Switch I could have gotten one. There were plenty. It was a lot different from other console launches I have been at where people were turned away or they got part way through the line and ran out. It looks like Nintendo got a lot of product out there just as they said they would. I don't think the console will be scarce this time next month.

In a week or two you'll be able to buy them anywhere for regular price.

This isn't the NES Classic again. The NES Classic was a $60 device that Nintendo has no way of making any further money on. The Switch is a $300 device that they need to have in people's hands in order to sell software, which is how they really make money. One Switch is worth five NES Classics to begin with, and many more than that down the road. So Nintendo has a much bigger financial incentive to have this thing out there and available.

This is like any normal console launch. There are always people trying to scalp initially. But the fact that some people are selling at or even below cost already suggests to me that most people who wanted one at launch got one. And that means that it'll probably be pretty easy to get once even one more shipment comes in.

Yes but WII (2006 original) was sold out for 2 years. It took me 1.5 years just to find one. And this morning at gamestop all the walkins were sold out last night. So not enough supply as they promised. Might not be 2 years like WII. But it is popular so its going to be a while.

Yes but WII (2006 original) was sold out for 2 years. It took me 1.5 years just to find one. And this morning at gamestop all the walkins were sold out last night. So not enough supply as they promised. Might not be 2 years like WII. But it is popular so its going to be a while.

Crazy idea I know but try another store. Do you honestly expect a single store to have unlimited amount of units on hand?

• Like 2

I pre-ordered my Wii back in the day and got it on launch day. I was amazed to hear two years later that they were still selling out as soon as stores could get them in...amazing.

I think you will have no such problems finding a switch very soon. I sauntered up to best buy at 9:55am this morning (5 minutes before they opened) and was able to get a switch and a few games no problem. They are out there already, and demand after the die hard and interested parties should drop off quick. Don't ebay it, just wait a week or two max and walk in and buy one yourself.

The Switch was blown out in large numbers, and it will be continually restocked and not in short order like the NES CE. Just chill instead of moaning about it. It's not like it's food, water, shelter...you'll live.

Good point. I am going to remember that next time I have a (verbal) fight in line with somebody.

But seriously I am going to wait 6 months and see what others think.