IGNORED

So today i went to the house of 80's General Manager of Atari

I did the same thing for 27 years. Just started a new business that is very different. I get that. You get sick of things. I have a pallet of boxes full of notebooks and stuff from my former career and just might have a bonfire.

• 3 weeks later...

Great story! I think I know who your customer was ;) I just made a timeline of Atari in the Benelux countries on my website: https://atarimuseum.nl/history-of-atari-benelux/ I think his name is mentioned there more than once ;)

About 15 years ago I met Wilfred Kilwinger of Atari Benelux and he gave me a PAL 800 and a CX80 keyboard fully boxed. I know Sijmen (Mr. Atari) also met a former manager of Atari Benelux. Nice to see that all those former Atari employees are so kind to Atarians like us :thumbsup:

Edited by Fred_M

I had no idea Mr. Atari actually worked for Atari back in the day.

Do you mean My customer? Does my avatar have anything to do with it? :D

I don't mean your customer, my reply was about the customer of topic starter dragonforce-europe.

• 2 months later...

There came a customer in the store last week because he wanted some data transferred from his old iphone to his new one. So while that was busy, i found out he was the general financial manager of Atari Benelux back in the 80's. Ofcourse being a atariage member, i became very excited. I mean, its not everyday that you can meet someone from atari. So after all that talking, he asked if i wanted some atari stuff, because he had some at home and otherwise he would throw it away. So ofcourse i said yes and so i went today to his house with an atari cake to see whats what.

This is what he gave me:

Atari 2080ST

Atari SH205

Atari 130XE (with lots of games, and a special keyboard cover made specially for that model)

Atari Portfolio with a modem and a serial port as well as some pads that look like a seperate headphones... Very weird. Together with books and i am not sure, but i think its a video tape also, since there seems to be a video tape box inside of the suite case.

All in all, a very kind guy and something that i wanted to share with you guys. I also told him about atariage, but it seems he doesnt want to do much with atari anymore, since he is getting older, and losing interest. However, we can ask him whatever we want about atari. and he will reply as much as he knows. Apparantly Atari USA used to call him alot because they needed his help, and so he flew alot to the usa.

If you guys want, i can make some decent pictures thursday, as i am free then. Just wanted to tell you my little story :)

The wierd pads are part of the Portfolio Modem. The are used to place over the earphone (hook) of the telephone set. As you know modems in that time used audio to transmit data. That modem is developed in The Netherlands.

Wilfred, former employee Atari Benelux (so you met my former boss :))

• Like 1