IGNORED

Will Zelda Breath of the Wild be the last Wii U game released?

Rev

Only talking about physical released games of course. Digital dont count. :P :P :P

Unless THQ cancels Darksiders Remastered it may be. But its still on schedule.

http://wwg.com/2017/02/14/darksiders-warmastered-edition-is-still-coming-to-wii-u/

Interesting, I wasn't aware of this. Is this like a fun hack and slash or is it a super deep RPG I won't have time to play?

I wouldn't hold my breath for Darksiders Warmastered Edition on Wii U. Darksiders 1 and 2 are both incredible, so go ahead and pick up 2 which is already out on Wii U.

Purely speculation on my part, but it seems physical Wii U games are dead and gone. There were a few games that got physical releases right around the holidays (Shantae, Steamworld Collection, Runbow and Tumblestone), and I strongly suspect Breath of the Wild will be the last physical release either by Big N or any third party (N has said so for themselves). Maaaaybe something silly like Just Dance might come out - I don't really pay attention to those dancing/singing titles. So imo Zelda Breath of the Wild will be a perfect capstone to a pretty amazing game library of a console that will get MUCH MORE LOVE in death than it ever got during its life.

Edited by glazball

Sounds interesting. I may pick it up if it comes out.

It's already out on other platforms, and I'm sure technically better than the Wii U version if it comes out.

It's awesome. Can't speak to Darksiders 2, they added Diablo loot trash so don't know how good it is.

Darksiders has the best Zelda dungeon of all time: the portal dungeon (yes you get a portal gun).

Edited by Gentlegamer

Very cool looking game.

And it was just announced for physical release about two weeks ago, which would be awfully peculiar to announce at such a late date that almost coincided with the launch of the Wii U's successor, if they weren't entirely serious about following through in a few weeks with their stated intention.

So I'd say that contrary to a post above, we can safely be assured that Breath of the Wild isn't the last retail game from any publisher.

Edited by Atariboy

I have to admit when I was considering this subject (physical Wii U games), I was only considering the US/NA market. I just searched Gamefaqs and found this interesting, but not sure if it means anything. The description for Darksiders Warmastered Edition on Wii U is this:

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition is an Action Adventure game, developed by Kaiko and published by Nordic Games Publishing, scheduled to be released in Australia in 2017.

Edited by glazball

Going off the list on Wikipedia, North America had eight releases in 2014, four in 2015, and Just Dance in 2016. Given that decline, I imagine it's probably over.

If I were Ubisoft and thought the Wii and Wii U market might not justify two versions of the same game this year, I'd consider just developing a Wii version for one last fling. Surely some of those Wii U customers would accept 480p visuals to play the latest iteration on their console via backwards compatibility. And it's my understanding that Wiimotes are central to the Wii U versions as well, so they'll have the necessary controllers already.

Would somehow be fitting if the Wii saw a final retail release later than the Wii U did.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2

I do believe the Axiom Verge physical release is coming. I would bet on it.

I hope so. I missed out on the launch week sale, and I've been waiting for the price to go down again, but I would gladly pay full price for a physical copy.

I just nabbed Shantae last month B)