IGNORED

openemu problem?..

Running man

I tried to use JzIntv and I kinda failed.

If I used the standard z0-7 screen settings I cannot find one that is either sharp and centeted full screen (or 4:3) or non blurry because it's not a good pixel match to my screen.

Trying to use a custom resolution in z????x????,? format just made the emulator crash :-(

I did not get to creating config files, that seems quite easy had I got a screen display that was acceptable.

I took a look into the custom keyboard layout - it seems rather baroque as a way of doing it, but there were some examples that I think if was happy with the display I would pursue.

So I am now looking for some more information with regard to the screen resolution settings or investagting other emulators like MESS (gulp)....

sTeVE

You might have an older version that doesn't support custom resolutions. Download the "Current Stable Dev Version" here. http://spatula-city.org/%7Eim14u2c/intv/

Can you post a screenshot of the blurry image. The only one I've seen blurry is Mame with default settings.

Edit:

If you have an old jzintv, these standard ones are 4:3 aspect ratio. Don't know why they wouldn't be sharp or centred. And I dont see a custom resolution fixing that problem.

1: 640x480,8bpp

2: 320x240,16bpp

3: 1024x768,8bpp

6: 1600x1200,32bpp

Edited by mr_me

• 4 months later...

WellIi have had success with jzintv - screen quality and audio all good - I am running on a new machine, a Razer Blade Laptop and it's workign well, mostly...

But I am back to the problem that some games don't run automagically - Demon Attack, Defender etc...

So one step forward and a half step back :-)

So time to dig into those cfg files I think...

sTeVE

Edited by Jetboot Jack