IGNORED

PRimal Rage reviews?

midwest_cdn

Well i bought it cause it was a steal, suprised jaysmith2000 didnt bid as i say his name on the list of bidders.

Yeah, I had that one marked, but decided I really didn't need another Primal Rage unless it had a MINT box (mine is crushed on top). :) I think it's a GREAT game. Load times are a little slow, but overall a very good Jaguar port!

Jason

It took me forever to get a copy of Primal Rage because I kept waiting to find a boxed copy (finally did at a decent price). I was really expecting alot but was kinda disappointed in the end. Like someone previously said, it's like most of the other versions out there (I think it copares to say the Sega 32X version), but doesn't seem to really tap into the Jaguar's power. Maybe it's becauase the game wasn't all that great to begin with.

Overall it's a great game for the Jaguar, but an average game when compared to other games for other systems at the time. If you're a Jag fan pick it up. Interestingly Prima Rage has the honor of being the only Jag CD game to be released by a 3rd party company (Time Warner Interactive in this case). All the other Jag CD games were Atari efforts.

Tempest

It took me forever to get a copy of Primal Rage because I kept waiting to find a boxed copy (finally did at a decent price).  I was really expecting alot but was kinda disappointed in the end.  Like someone previously said, it's like most of the other versions out there (I think it copares to say the Sega 32X version), but doesn't seem to really tap into the Jaguar's power.  Maybe it's becauase the game wasn't all that great to begin with.

I thought the arcade version of Primal Rage was excellent! It was one of the best fighting games out at the time. The fighting engine was really good, and had a lot of depth when compared to just about any other fighting game that wasn't from Capcom.

The Jaguar CD version of the game was pretty good for what it was, but the arcade version is still the version to play. The feel of the engine was altered somewhat for the Jaguar (and many other home versions, for that matter), so some combos that worked in the arcade don't work on the Jaguar, and a few combos that didn't work in the arcade now work on the Jaguar. To be fair, all of the home versions lost out here or there in the translation. The Jag version is the best one I've played, although I haven't tried the Saturn version.

Overall it's a great game for the Jaguar, but an average game when compared to other games for other systems at the time.  If you're a Jag fan pick it up.  Interestingly Prima Rage has the honor of being the only Jag CD game to be released by a 3rd party company (Time Warner Interactive in this case).  All the other Jag CD games were Atari efforts.

Not true. Readysoft released Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, and BrainDead 13. Also, after Atari merged with JTS, Telegames picked up the publishing rights to Iron Soldier 2 and World Tour Racing.

I had fun with primal rage, but I just wound up playing my fighting games for SNES more (Mortal Kombat II). Thats as far as fighting games go. Truth be told i'm an RPG fan so i was much more into those for the snes.

So in the end, I liked primal rage, but not enough to want to hang onto it (hence why its in my ebay auction VVV :D)

I do have to say that it was fun doing combos with Talon (raptor guy) and Blizzard (ice monkey guy), my two favorite characters. BLizzard had the meanest backfist ever.

anyways while ur talking about PR, it what are ur guys' favorite characters to play with?

edit: Tempest what's that in ur avatar it looks interesting.

I had fun with primal rage, but I just wound up playing my fighting games for SNES more (Mortal Kombat II).  Thats as far as fighting games go.  Truth be told i'm an RPG fan so i was much more into those for the snes.

So in the end, I liked primal rage, but not enough to want to hang onto it (hence why its in my ebay auction VVV :D)

I do have to say that it was fun doing combos with Talon (raptor guy) and Blizzard (ice monkey guy), my two favorite characters.  BLizzard had the meanest backfist ever.

anyways while ur talking about PR, it what are ur guys' favorite characters to play with?

edit: Tempest what's that in ur avatar it looks interesting.

I think it's Prince Zoltan from "Voltron: Defender of the Universe".

At least that's who it looks like to me.

I mentioned nothing about fun, just quality - Compare NBA Jam with WHite Men Cant Jump - you'll understand where Im coming from.

Also compare Double Dragon to Primal Rage - Again the quality of the product is much better.

Not true. Readysoft released Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, and BrainDead 13. Also, after Atari merged with JTS, Telegames picked up the publishing rights to Iron Soldier 2 and World Tour Racing.

Doh! You're right, I wan't thinking. I'm not sure if the Telegames games count, but you're definetly right with the Readysoft pieces of crap. Man those were some of the worst versions of my favorite laserdisc games I've ever seen. Grainy, bad control, fuzzy sound. The Jag could do much better.

Tempest

Archived