IGNORED

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Rick Dangerous

Oh sweet, switching to using those then...

When you hit "pause" it assigns power steering to R and use item to L. But if ZR and ZL do the same thing, i'd much rather use those as they are a more comfortable reach for me.

I just verified that they are. I wish instead though that they were used to pick which item you want to use instead of having to use the right side one first.

• Like 2

I just verified that they are. I wish instead though that they were used to pick which item you want to use instead of having to use the right side one first.

YES! That would make it like Double Dash which would be epic. I'm glad they brought the two items back....but being able to swap them would be a game changer.

• 1 month later...

So i was playing the crown cup on Mario Kart 7 on my 3DS the other day, 100cc and I finished first in all races but only got two stars. I think it's because I wasn't "leading" for all laps of the race or something?

I was wondering if anyone knows if they changed this system for MK8 deluxe? So far I have one each race and been awarded three stars, even though I wasn't necessarily leading each lap. It sort of a frustrating system because if you win each race but don't get three stars you aren't sure what you are doing wrong...

Anyone know how this system works for MK8 deluxe? Trying to get 3 stars for each cup all around :D

I complained about that years ago, and got some strange responses in return. Nice to see someone agreeing with me that not only is it strange that finishing position isn't all that matters, but that you're not even explained the criteria that you're being graded on.

If they're going to do this, I wish they'd break it down for you afterwards like Pilotwings does where you're graded on speed, accuracy, etc. If you don't quite 100% it, at least you're provided with an idea of where you went wrong.

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...

I lost position a few times in MK 8 Deluxe and still got 3 stars the other day. The last one I recall all that well is the GBA version and I my experience was as described above. My thoughts were always much the same as Atariboy's. As criteria I didn't have a huge issue with needed first in each lap and all the coins as I still got the cup and the others were 'extra' challenges but not knowing what you needed is frustrating. It might have been in the manual back then, I can't remember. Now that manuals are practical a thing of the past that sort of thing should certainly be explain in the game.

Damn 150cc AI......Hit them with a red shell and they are up and pulling away from you like nothing happened. Yet a red shell stops you dead in your tracks while half the field passes you. It's one thing to be going faster...another for the computer to be faster and get better items.

Still wish Mario Kart AI wasn't so cheap after all these years :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...