IGNORED

Soul Star (new)

Atari-Jess

not that Im trying to beat a dead horse but on the auction it reads:

On May-12-03 at 07:12:24 PDT, seller added the following information:

Item has been sold to a private buyer.

Is anyone here going to admit to being that private buyer?

Wait a sec. I wasn't following the thread. Did I miss something? Soulstar sold to a private buyer? What happened to the ebay auction? Did it not make reserve or something?

Wait a sec. I wasn't following the thread. Did I miss something? Soulstar sold to a private buyer? What happened to the ebay auction? Did it not make reserve or something?

No, the seller decided to use EBay as a way to advertise their goods and then yank the auction and sell it to someone who sent them a private bid.

JagMod

No, the seller decided to use EBay as a way to advertise their goods and then yank the auction and sell it to someone who sent them a private bid.

JagMod

Ebay allows people to do this? You make it sound like it's against the policy. If it were against the rules, who would be so stupid as to say that they sold it privately in when the auction was cancelled?

Why didn't the buyer just place his bid like everyone else? The seller would perhaps have gotten more money when another person outbid!

JagMod

Ebay allows people to do this? You make it sound like it's against the policy. If it were against the rules, who would be so stupid as to say that they sold it privately in when the auction was cancelled?

Why didn't the buyer just place his bid like everyone else? The seller would perhaps have gotten more money when another person outbid!

It's not against the rules. The seller has every right to retract all bids on an auction and end it early without reason. I've had this happen to me on an auction and I contacted e-bay. They told me the seller was within his/her rights.

Jason

From my other post:

"Ending an auction early is quite simply lame. eBay really ought to have better policies against sellers being able to do that."

T-Bird is right, they probably would have gotten more if they allowed the auction to run its course. It was only up to $122 and the seller underestimated the power of the sniper bid.

Then again, maybe they found out it was a blank CD-R :D

It's not against the rules.  The seller has every right to retract all bids on an auction and end it early without reason.  I've had this happen to me on an auction and I contacted e-bay.  They told me the seller was within his/her rights.

I looked at the section on cancelling a listing and I didn't see anything in there that says that you can end an auction because you accepted an outside offer. I think the ability to cancel an auction is there in case the item is lost or destroyed (like a tornado or fire or something), NOT so a person can solicit outside bids.

In any case, I would remember anyone who cancelled my bids to end early and sell the item and I'd never participate in any auction they ever had from that point on.

It seems like a really crappy thing to do. Most of the bidders were people here on AA that helped the guy when he had questions about the item. That was a lame thing to do to them.

At the end of the day it was our item to sell how we wished. :x

No one can criticise us for wanting to get the best deal for ourselves and that is just what we got.

The soul star cdr was hand delivered to the new buyer who agreed to buy as an untested item.

We tested the game with the new owner and

it works...............

it IS the real deal.

so 2 fingers to those that doubted us.

Now we have been pretty polite so far but we’ve had enough of backhand comments/postings/e-mails telling us how we should sell our items.

It’s done now.let it go.

:|

Sorry retro-planet,

but it seems you don't understand what people really are wondering about.

It's not the CD-story, it's this story (at least it is for me):

1) retro-planet has this Jaguar stuff (Alpine+2Jags+1CD-player+SoulstarCD)

2) As far as i have heard: retro-planet talks about it in public and gets private offers.

3) retro-planet decides to split up the package and puts the items in two auctions on a public, worldwide auction-place (eBay) and says international shipping would be ok.

4) Only few hours before the auctions end retro-planet agrees to take a private offer saying (not directly quoted, but how it sounded to me)

"It was the best for us, the buyer was local and he bought both"

You could have simply avoided step 3).

Best regards

Matthias

Now we have been pretty polite so far but we’ve had enough of backhand comments/postings/e-mails telling us how we should sell our items.

It’s done now.let it go.

:|

Matthias is right.

If this is the way you guys do business then that's fine. But to come here and solicit offers then put the items on ebay instead and then cancel the auction with just hours left is very rude. You insult everyone on this board with this type of practice.

Then you have the nerve to come back here and get all snotty because people were angry that you ruined their chance to get these items by cancelling the auctions! People have every right to be angry with you, what you did was very poor judgement. You have no right to complain about them!

But if this is how you do business, then that is fine. You probably just won't find anyone on here willing to do business with you EVER again.

Thunderbird you should check your facts.

we never advertised/touted/solicited the items on the AA forum.

we never asked her help on the items here on the AA forum.

the people who have dealt with us before or contacted us by e-mail all got personal honest replys.

they know the score about what were about.

we are not bad people & i think they're are far worst evils in the world then a couple of guys cancelling an auction and selling an item privately.

we are not bad people & i think they're are far worst evils in the world then a couple of guys cancelling an auction and selling an item privately.

Unbelievable!

You use Ebay resources to promote your items and then sell them

on the side, denying Ebay their commission.

Bad? Criminal? Evil? You decide.

JagMod

HOw THe F#$% DO yOU THinK THat MAkeS Us FEel, KnOWing It WoRKeD anD Will NeVEr Be REleASEd? HOOraY, It WOrk'S, So WHaT, We'LL NeVEr SeE It... AnD PeOPLe ThoUGHt I WAs GReeDy???

Looks like you'd better use some of that 'ohsorryitneverexisted' cash pile to buy yourself a new keyboard, angerboy. There's something very wrong with your shift key.

Stone

HOw THe F#$% DO yOU THinK THat MAkeS Us FEel, KnOWing It WoRKeD anD Will NeVEr Be REleASEd? HOOraY, It WOrk'S, So WHaT, We'LL NeVEr SeE It... AnD PeOPLe ThoUGHt I WAs GReeDy???

Looks like you'd better use some of that 'ohsorryitneverexisted' cash pile to buy yourself a new keyboard, angerboy. There's something very wrong with your shift key.

Stone

I was thinking the same thing.

What are you talking about... he was sayting you huge amount of money never existed. You know.... you were on here saying "I have a lot of money to spend on this stuff" then sudenly "Money just became a problem." Seems like bogus crap to me.

Thunderbird you should check your facts.

You're new to the jag scene and don't know who you're talking to, do you?

we never advertised/touted/solicited the items on the AA forum. we never asked her help on the items here on the AA forum.

Technically, you're correct. But you're still in the wrong here. You ACTUALLY did your pre-auction touting and trolling on Jaguar Interactive II. Since most everyone here on the Jaguar forum on Atari Age frequents Jaguar Interactive II, it's pretty much the same thing. You won't loophole your way out of this with a technicality.

the people who have dealt with us before or contacted us by e-mail all got personal honest replys.

Did I say that the person that bought the items was unhappy? No. Check your facts.

they know the score about what were about.

Yeah, they know that they could use their buddies at retro-planet and take advantage of their cavalier attitude towards running clean auctions in order to snatch some rare items away from legitimate bidders at the last minute. Now everyone knows what you're all about!

Some evils cannot be stopped or solved, like tornadoes or diseases. Other evils can be helped. If everyone did one little evil thing each day, imagine how bad the world would be!!!

Yea, you dumb-ass retro-planet, Thunderbird is like a history book for the jaguar... he has things {for the jaguar} that you have never heard of. If he made a mistake naming,labeling, and describing something for the jaguar, the world would have to come to an end....

as a seller / businessman, its really ur responsibility hold a clean sale. Its just bad business to ever do ANYTHING that can get potential customers angry with you, especially if its over ur business practices. thats just a rule of business, cause whether or not ur in the right or wrong, you have an angry customer base.

of course their's a whole bunch of variables, like whether or not u want to continue to do business (if soul star was ur last jag item to ever sell then you dont really have anything to worry about as far as future jag business goes), how big your market is, and other things.

The right thing to do, would been to have written in on ur auction description that you'd accept private offers.

I agree, you should have wrote on the eBID aution, that "private bids are accepted" as to not piss us all of. If you EVER put up another jaguar thing for sale thats rare, you should accept about 100 private offers from all the pissed of bodies here

Has it occurred to anyone that this private buyer may be someone who is in the process of obtaining the rights from the developer/publisher (whom ever owns them) to sell this legally? That they made a secret offer in light of this situation, so the Jaguar community isn't floaded with a bunch of cheap copies instead of a professional quality release? I'm not saying I know for sure that this is what did happen, but no one has even considered the possibility here yet. The seller of the Soul Star cd, etc. may not even know. :ponder:

Archived