IGNORED

Soul Star (new)

Atari-Jess

Oh but it does help.  It informs the AA readers with whom they should be leary of doing business.  If after knowing the facts about retro-planet they still want to deal with them, then at least it will be an educated decision.

JagMod

While that's kinda true, it shouldn't take 3 pages of saying the same thing over and over. I agree that it's shady to do things like that, and it drives me nuts that people always have to try to squeeze every last penny that they can, which ruins the hobby for the rest of us. BUT, let's just give this one a rest already. I'm tired of seeing the constant bickering, complaining, and insults being thrown around on a HOBBY message board. This really is just a hobby, folks. No need to take it so seriously.

The problem here is that this character is nof FLAUNTING that he broke the rules and won't do anything to correct it. I already suggested that he put the item back up for sale and what does he do? Posts a smug response saying basically "tough luck".

Someone has to make sure people know that they will suffer for their illegal auctions. Ebay is known for being lenient on offenders, so making sure other people are aware of the situation is very important.

Your DeLorean is here, sir :)

For some reason, there is a shovel in the back :lol:

Hypothetical situation :

Let's say that you place an item up for auction.  It happens to be something that you know will attract a number of buyers...so you post a message so that other people will know about it too...and give them a fair shot.  Last day of the auction, a friend of yours expresses an interest in the item, and makes you an offer rather than be outbid on evilbay.  It's not the biggest offer that you'd gotten, and not what you could have gotten...but you can live with it.  And you'd like to see the item go to your friend anyway.  Not only that, but it's a sure thing...no worries about collecting payment, shipping, etc.

I don't see the crime here.

You would be in violation of the policy as well.

And what the hell kind of friend are you that you would put an item for sale on the internet and then on ebay without first offering it to your friend(s).

Your DeLorean is here, sir :)

For some reason, there is a shovel in the back :lol:

Hypothetical situation :

Let's say that you place an item up for auction.  It happens to be something that you know will attract a number of buyers...so you post a message so that other people will know about it too...and give them a fair shot.  Last day of the auction, a friend of yours expresses an interest in the item, and makes you an offer rather than be outbid on evilbay.  It's not the biggest offer that you'd gotten, and not what you could have gotten...but you can live with it.  And you'd like to see the item go to your friend anyway.  Not only that, but it's a sure thing...no worries about collecting payment, shipping, etc.

I don't see the crime here.

Besides, your theory doesn't apply because people like "penal rotter" don't actually HAVE friends.

I know I criticised you earlier "thunderbird". However, I did laugh out loud at the "penal rotter" play on words, that was top! This has been the most entertainment I have had from the internet in a very long time!!!!!!

Thanks for the laughs,

Ben

:wink:

We have a good working relationship with e-bay and if they want to investigate then they have our full support & cooperation.

(Snicker) I don't think they need your permission OR your blessing to investigate you.

I somehow doubt EBay will be able to force you to let them investigate.. I think the worst they can do is close your account with them, and stop you signing up again, untill you get a new credit card..

And I think all this calling people a Criminal is a bit strong. I think if EBay rang the police and told them what naughty deeds they had done, then ebay would more likley get a fine for wasting police time. I doubt a court would even entertain the case.

so how about we stop calling everyone a criminal. and comming up with stupidily overblown hypothetical situations to make your point.

If eBay thought it was 'okay' for people to do what retort-planet has done there'd be a RETRACTED AUCTIONS column in your feedback profile. :D

Clicking 'submit' on eBay is a binding contract, whether it be place a bid or to place an auction. Is that why they're on a secure server with passwords? Oh yes, they will prosecute. The person that's found guilty will be paying the judge's salary that day.

T-Bird is venting. Antagonizing the angry doberman is SO wrong.

I somehow doubt EBay will be able to force you to let them investigate.. I think the worst they can do is close your account with them, and stop you signing up again, untill you get a new credit card..

Does anyone actually READ the agreements they click "Yes I read the user agreement" anymore?

Someone is going to make a fortune starting up a simple website or message board and putting a button that says: "By clicking here I agree to pay the operator of this site $1000 a year for 20 years."

And I think all this calling people a Criminal is a bit strong.

I'd hardly call this a civil matter.

so how about we stop calling everyone a criminal. and comming up with stupidily overblown hypothetical situations to make your point.

When people refuse to admit their obvious mistakes so vehemently. sometimes you have to really emphasize a point to get it through their thick skulls.

If eBay thought it was 'okay' for people to do what retort-planet has done there'd be a RETRACTED AUCTIONS column in your feedback profile.  :D

Clicking 'submit' on eBay is a binding contract, whether it be place a bid or to place an auction.  Is that why they're on a secure server with passwords?  Oh yes, they will prosecute.  The person that's found guilty will be paying the judge's salary that day.

T-Bird is venting.  Antagonizing the angry doberman is SO wrong.

The problem with ebay is that they are too lenient with offenders unless they repeat the offense. My guess is that "afro-planter" got a stern warning from ebay and told not to do it again.

Ebay has to start nabbing people and making examples out of them.

Just look at the attitudes displayed here: "Everyone does it!", "I do it all the time and people do it to me.", "You must be new to ebay.", "You are naive.", "I don't see anything wrong with this." etc. By being so lenient with crooks, ebay is making matters worse!

hi,  

Could you please say next time who you are refering to? me or willard?  

Best regards,  

Vyeyendra Ramnares  

Dragonforce

Sorry wasn't clear... just sepnt a very long day.. 15 in a row ( I have got to have some time off soon)

OK I appreciate you have experiance in programming, could you post a few say RAW images of your style or clones.. so that we could see where your going with your game planning.. sounds interesting

Does ebay make it possible for a seller to stop an auction?? [/sarcasm]

Since it does, I'd say that would make it up to the seller whether an auction runs it's course or not.

Case closed 8)

An item was up, he found a buyer that worked out better for him, auction over, get over it. There will be future auctions, so get on with your life and stop obsessing over a single auction that didn't play out like you'd hoped it would.

Ebay takes all the fun out of this hobby :sad:

Illegal or not, coming to this site and making a total ass of himself in front of the entire community is not a wise decision. What I don't get (and maybe I'm completely missing something here) is that everyone is pissy about how illegal they feel it is to cancel the auction by selling it to someone privately, umm, isn't this a burned copy?!

Im pretty sure the cancellation option is if the system is "accidentally" damaged before you ship it, or if you find its something completely different than what you expected such as the auction would read "soulstar untested for jagcd," then the seller tests it and its actually centipede 2000 (just an example, never will be released), or some other incredibly rare game...

MacGurl-

It's a proto...which means that it's already against ebay policy to auction it.

Willard-

Why it's there is irrelivant. If you want to argue unfair practices, perhaps you should start with the more widespread problem of sniping.

MacGurl-

It's a proto...which means that it's already against ebay policy to auction it.

your quite right on this matter.

the selling of protos/copies/cdr's is restricted on e-bay.

to that end we have a valid reason for ending the auction early and accepting a private sale.

so by wanting us to buy back the item from the buyer and re-listing

J-nerd is actually trying to encourage us to break the laws/rules of e-bay.

is this some kind of honey trap? :ponder:

Well I was wondering also what happened to the item.From reading the auction number 1 the description was horrible.You figure you could do a bit better there retro-games.After all you are trying to sell it as a "rare" give me all you cash item. I wasnt going to bid on it, or even care about it so all the "critics" who say I am jealous B>S .And yes you had a legal right to pull it....BUT on the flip side you had a counter and could tell how many hits you had giving you a general idea of how many people aka-jag fans checked it out.I think it is honestly A BAD BUSINESS DECISION, both in sales and in PR as you totally look like a amatuer fool.I know for myself I WAS going to purchase some goods off you , but after this display of amatuer business practices I have no faith in your company.Why the hell would I give my greenback to some " reputable" company that cant even finish a ebay auction??? Also Something I have heard no one say is.IF YOU HAD A SELLING PRICE TO END THE AUCTION WHY NOT THE BIN FEATURE?U cheap or some thing? At least your are being fair cause it obvious that all that you want is cash, and to have a bin at least gives everyone a fair shot. Like i said your description sucked, I am sure if you would of said "accepting private bids" You would of had people step forward. And yes repo games i understand using the whole ebay thing as advertising, I do it for my site.But unlike you I have alot of items for sale not a singular collectable item.Anyways I do agree with some of thunders points.I am not going to go off and report you to ebay as yes you have the right to end your auction at any time, but yes shady practices some what. Why in the final leg would you end an auction?Smells fishy to me. I honestly think between your auction description, and the crap you are saying now seems to be a bit off.You figure you would test it etc b4 placing a auction in which would of drawn high bids, yet when critized you can easily defend yourself about the game? But it was your game, your auction, your whatever.All I know is I will never buy anything off you , and will tell everyone else the same.Why? well not just the auction, see I have emailed your site a few times, and to say you have stellar customer service is a joke.So this whole auction hoopla really doesnt suprise me. And if your are going to sit here and flame thunder you truly are a piece of shit.if not mistaken his copy of battlesphere signed went for how much ???????? and all money was donated to kidney research. Just curious did you donate any money form the auction to any causes?

Why it's there is irrelivant.  If you want to argue unfair practices, perhaps you should start with the more widespread problem of sniping.

I don't see the problem with sniping.. If someone bids more than you are willing to pay you don't have a problem, but if they do that in the last 10 seconds of an auction people get annoyed !?

It was still more than you were willing to pay so whats the problem. If you yourself were trying to keep your bids low so you could put in a nice big bid nearer the end, then you yourself are guilty of sniping an auction.

I have had auctions sniped from me, the went for more than I was willing to pay. and I have also had people try to snipe auctions from me, but my bid was too high and I won it anyway. and I have indeed sniped auctions myself, mainly through only noticing the end of auction 20 seconds before it closes and having a mad panic to get my bid in :)

hi,  

Could you please say next time who you are refering to? me or willard?  

Best regards,  

Vyeyendra Ramnares  

Dragonforce

Sorry wasn't clear... just sepnt a very long day.. 15 in a row ( I have got to have some time off soon)

OK I appreciate you have experiance in programming, could you post a few say RAW images of your style or clones.. so that we could see where your going with your game planning.. sounds interesting

10 print "hi!"

20 print " yeah. i know what you mean. working all day is pretty hard"

30 print " but i dont know what you mean. do you want to see screenshots of my games?"

40 print " if so, let me search for it"

50 print " if not, can you formulate it easier please"

60 print " best regards"

70 print " vyeyendra ramnares"

80 print " dragonforce"

end

Archived