IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

i say we enjoy the break from Coleco Stupidity

Not like Chris knows anything of mainstream or niche video-gaming especially when they post stuff like the quote below..

Redemption gaming fans would be off-put since ICE and Raw Thrills made this game, also their is a lot of mainstream hatred of Konami outside of it's classic offering

• Like 1

Somewhat related occurence in the news, although this is an actual business not a non-business fan page. Just crazy what these businesses do in litigation.

http://www.theledger.com/news/20170828/polk-teacher-entrepreneur-battles-giant-ebay

This also reminds me of Kellog's going after the Exxon "tiger in your tank" tiger for being similar to Tony the tiger.

• Like 2

If you have some evidence of this, like a newspaper artiicle, please post it. We've been told that Activision does own some Imagic games and I think they've published Atari Demon Attack and maybe Atari Atlantis as Activision. It has also been said that when Intellivision Productions approached Activision about publishing the Intellivision Imagic games back in 2001, Activision didn't acknowledge ownership of those games.

I wish I did. I could've sworn the video game press claimed as such back then when Imagic folded. But it appears from later posts in this thread that Activision only purchased certain Imagic titles. If they were available a few years later for a song and a dance, I'm surprised Atari Corp didn't pick them up, considering they re-issued a bunch of Coleco's licensed titles for the 2600 after Coleco closed up shop.

^^Why is the "strong arm" on the left in one shot, right on the next? Nothing like quality DIC entertainment. :P

He's able to take the attachment on and off. ;)

The show was done by Filmation, not DIC. Filmation often used 'stock cuts' as a money saving method so that Lou was able to keep American animators working at a time when every other studio opted out and contracted overseas. He was a maverick and a true patriot. A legend in the industry and beloved by millions. Stock footage, endearing goofiness & camp, timeless characters, etc....the 'Filmation Generation' kids get it ......

post-61233-0-98627600-1504183706.jpg

post-61233-0-34058800-1504182956.jpg

post-61233-0-55084600-1504183715_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Seeing those characters on one book cover explains a lot to me. I never placed them all in the same studio. That's probably because I was a tiny kid when I was into Super Friends.

post-61233-0-98627600-1504183706.jpg

Your spin on making forgettable, poorly-produced pap into a patriotic, job-creating triumph is mind-bogglingly brilliant, and I salute you!

I just wish the Archie cartoons were better (I wish Riverdale were better, too). I also wish I could show Fat Albert to my kid without it being weird because of all the Cosby history.

Star Trek Animated is on Netflix and I'm enjoying it once in a great while. I didn't see those growing up, and they're better than I expected, despite (because of?) the cheesy re-used action theme music.

To go back on topic, 2017 Coleco still sucks, Cardillo should get out while he can, and if this counts as cyber-bullying, well, that's just your opinion, man.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Just as a crazy thought would it be possible to crowd fun the purchase of ColecoVision and just place all the intellectual rights into public domain? What they are doing with them current is just plan stupidity.

In 2013 when Atari filed bankruptcy, people suggested the same. Unfortunately the timeline for a successful Kickstarter would likely eclipse the bidding period for the assets auction by a wide margin.

• Like 1

Just as a crazy thought would it be possible to crowd fun the purchase of ColecoVision and just place all the intellectual rights into public domain? What they are doing with them current is just plan stupidity.

They don't really own any of the IP, just a couple of websites, a Twitter account, a Facebook account, and very limited trademark rights for using Coleco and Colecovison for electric toys and Video-games. You can sell mail order hot dogs named Colecovision and they couldn't stop you.

• Like 1

You can sell mail order hot dogs named Colecovision and they couldn't stop you.

Thanks for the brilliant idea, I'm calling about bulk wieners & prism logo stickers ASAP!

post-61233-0-56417900-1504228923.jpg

post-61233-0-11603000-1504228931.jpg

Edit - I've GOT it: "ColecoVision brand franks, the ONLY wiener you need in YOUR buns!"

Edited by Good_Times
  • Like 5