IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

If nothing comes of this, I hope that Bob gets an opportunity to release his Rainbow Bright game on cart or at least provide the NES ROM so that it can be played and appreciated. It would suck for all that hard effort used to make this homebrew to be lost forever... :sad:

EDIT: Aaaand we are on page #99 folks! ;-)

Edited by Kosmic Stardust
  • Like 3

Speaking of Dormitus Brands...

One of the FB pages I follow posts retro TV commercials and stuff like that, and they posted one for Brim Coffee the other day. The comments section was lively, with lots of fond memories to be had. Here's a few comments:

Tasted just like all the other decafs, tasted like crap! I like my coffee hot strong and black with all the caffeine I can get!
I remember my Dad saying Brim tasted like asparagus stalks.
I remember Brim coffee. Tasted like dirt.
Decaf is better when it's thrown in the garbage
The only thing worse than decaf was the leisure suit. I’ll stick with 8 o’clock coffee please.
Some of the nastiest crap I have ever had the mispleasure of ingesting in my lifetime.
Stuff tasted like wood shavings
Brim tasted ghastly....

What a valuable brand!

I will say this, people do remember it... only because it was vile swill!!!

• Like 7

I just remember the whole "Fill your cup to the rim with Brim" slogan. I was way to young to be drinking coffee when that stuff was popular (is it still around?)

This was what everyone else said on the FB post that wasn't talking about how it tasted like distilled dirt water. It's not around, thankfully.

Do people even drink instant coffee anymore, let alone decaf instant coffee? Sanka and Taster's Choice were the big brands back then, and Brim was stuck in third. There are so many other options today, like Keurig pods, ready made cold brew, etc. that owning that dead brand makes no sense.

Trademark trolls gonna trademark troll.

• Like 2

Do people even drink instant coffee anymore, let alone decaf instant coffee? Sanka and Taster's Choice were the big brands back then, and Brim was stuck in third.

I do when I can't get to the coffee maker or just don't have the time or brew a pot. I prefer fresh coffee when I can get it. It's handy for camping though.

Ah Tasters Choice. I remember those old cans sitting on the counter like it was yesterday (that's what my dad drank). Funny how something as stupid as instant coffee can bring back so many memories.

• Like 1

Speaking of Dormitus Brands...

One of the FB pages I follow posts retro TV commercials and stuff like that, and they posted one for Brim Coffee the other day. The comments section was lively, with lots of fond memories to be had. Here's a few comments:

What a valuable brand!

I will say this, people do remember it... only because it was vile swill!!!

Those who remember the coffee known as Brim

Seem to be of one mind, it tasted pretty grim.

• Like 3

Good grief:

"A small town video game store clerk must go from zero to hero after accidentally unleashing the forces of evil from a cursed Colecovision game... Max Jenkins' gaming fantasies collide with reality when a legendary "lost" installment of the Nether Game series appears on the store counter of his workplace, Fallout Games. Unbeknownst to Max, the game bears a "Curse of The Ages", and in playing it, he unlocks The Nether, an ancient malevolent force of evil from the cartridge, upon his small hometown. Along with a mysterious masked man from the past wielding a video game light blaster pistol, and his two best friends, Liz and Reggie, Max must figure out how to beat the Nether at it's own game before it's Game Over for humanity."

• Like 1

Good grief:

"A small town video game store clerk must go from zero to hero after accidentally unleashing the forces of evil from a cursed Colecovision game... Max Jenkins' gaming fantasies collide with reality when a legendary "lost" installment of the Nether Game series appears on the store counter of his workplace, Fallout Games. Unbeknownst to Max, the game bears a "Curse of The Ages", and in playing it, he unlocks The Nether, an ancient malevolent force of evil from the cartridge, upon his small hometown. Along with a mysterious masked man from the past wielding a video game light blaster pistol, and his two best friends, Liz and Reggie, Max must figure out how to beat the Nether at it's own game before it's Game Over for humanity."

BRB. Gotta drop a Thomann and wipe my Cardillo.

• Like 5

Indeed - just who do they think they're appealing to and why do they think they'll make money from total crap like this????

I would assume it's promotional material to show that they can do things in different styles and genres. I would not expect this to be something for screening in a theater. The target audience is likely their advertising portfolio.

At least I hope so. It looks too 1980s for children and too stupid for adults.

• Like 2

I would assume it's promotional material to show that they can do things in different styles and genres. I would not expect this to be something for screening in a theater. The target audience is likely their advertising portfolio.

At least I hope so. It looks too 1980s for children and too stupid for adults.

Agreed on all counts. I see they're still using Ben's design, as well.

Good grief:

Will this be a "Netflix Original?" Would not surprise me if even Netflix turned this down. Who in their right mind would produce this? Oh, wait...

giphy.gif

• Like 3