IGNORED

VersaBoard challenge accepted and executed. :P

CPUWIZ

Hello,

I bragged (years ago) about being able to really easily control every aspect of this board, especially in conjunction with the PIC. Someone challenged me to make this happen with a rather large bribe, which I had no choice in accepting (magic overnight delivery kind of thing, never mind).

I have no permission or intent to mass produce this, but the authors will receive one of these gems, if they wish to have one.

With that said, I'll just leave this here...

:cool:

• Like 18

I don't know the specifics, but getting any two games to share POKEY via software must be complicated. Add BBCQ and DKPK, which are complicated by themselves, and it must be a logistical nightmare to get this thing up and running. CPUWIZ, you've outdone yourself.

Thank you to the individual programmers for permissions, and thank you to CPUWIZ for figuring out how to make this dream a reality.

Now, who wants to design a label? :P

• Like 3

It wasn't that hard, it is all about the software. The PIC code just reads a byte from the internal EEPROM, increments the game number and writes back the number to the EEPROM (so it stays across power cycle), the number is converted to address lines on the EPROM that has the games on it. It is only one bankswitching scheme, 144KB + POKEY (non-Atari bankswitching), that scheme is needed for DKPK and BBCQ, SCAA and FROG are just shuffled into the right spots (they never trigger bankswitching). :)

Required 1 jumper wire, because the VersaBoard is only designed for 512K, the extra wire is for 1MB chips.

I have another idea, which is 1 more wire and more logic, which could fit 256K+256K+128K+128K+128K+128K, so Commando and Ballblazer could be added as well. :D

• Like 9

Looks good.....but not interesting for me,if you do not sell it...I always hate it,if people show something and make

others suffering for something,they never produce for the

public :(

Why you do not have permission....the Versa board is your baby?????

greetings Walter

Looks good.....but not interesting for me,if you do not sell it...I always hate it,if people show something and make

others suffering for something,they never produce for the

public :(

Why you do not have permission....the Versa board is your baby?????

greetings Walter

Hey Walter, they are not my games to sell. I already got crap for making a few Tank Command hacks on cart and homebrews are off limit for me anyway. :)

I have not had the greatest time in my life this year (which is why you still don't have that 1MB demo), but hopefully this summer I will get back to making something that only 7 people are interested in. LOL

• Like 3

Hi Cpuwiz

i am sure,you would get permission :)

but i would take it without the games too :)

I would like just to play around with it.....

First of all is your HEALTH....everybody understands this....

And for sure...i own this games on cart already :)

And just an advice...maybe silly....Try to get

well first.....every other things have time......

You need not hurry.....

greetings Walter

Edited by gambler172

Time to up the difficulty level and add HSC functionality. :)

I have a way to add highscore saving for a single game, we can talk about potentially adding that to DKPK.

I am also pondering on a better way than the IRQ method I mentioned, using the POKEY itself, would still add a couple dollars for the micro though. :ponder:

Hi Cpuwiz

i am sure,you would get permission :)

No, they are Albert's to sell in the store, he spent a lot of money to make this happen. Maybe in the future, I can give him the info on how to make similar multi POKEY game carts for the store, like I already did with the VersaBoard and code for the current ones. :)

• Like 4

No, they are Albert's to sell in the store, he spent a lot of money to make this happen. Maybe in the future, I can give him the info on how to make similar multi POKEY game carts for the store, like I already did with the VersaBoard and code for the current ones. :)

Now *THAT* would be the bee's knees! :)

• Like 1

Speaking of the store, we just confirmed that Beef Drop POKEY runs just fine on my board. I had never tried that before, I just gave a massaged version back to Albert. :)

Isn't there someone in the A8 scene that has made an emulated POKEY by now, that is not cost prohibitive? Surely someone in Europe did this already.

Speaking of the store, we just confirmed that Beef Drop POKEY runs just fine on my board. I had never tried that before, I just gave a massaged version back to Albert. :)

Isn't there someone in the A8 scene that has made an emulated POKEY by now, that is not cost prohibitive? Surely someone in Europe did this already.

There's a few folks in Europe doing amazing things with FPGA's and the like. There's a current project to rebuild an "Atari" board in a mini-ITX case using almost all modern chips and programmable logic. I think it's called "Eclaire." The thread should be near to top of the A8 forum.

And Altirra does such an amazing job emulating chip-level behavior of the A8 chipset ... I wonder if Avery (phaeron) would have any insight?