IGNORED

The Knight Rider 2600 project

HardWork

Bumpity-bump and Happy Ninth Anniversary to this glorious thread! We'll have to think of something extra-special next year for the tenth anniversary.

Like actually making the game? :ponder::P

LOL. I vote for a lenticular box that only includes the red back-and-foth light form KITT that moves back and forth as you tilt the box.

cGtpa.jpg

-B

• Like 6

I refuse to read all this (but the dashboard pic with Shat made my day).

All I know is that back in 85' when I got the steering wheel for my Coleco, all I could think about was someday ...IN THE FUTURE, my you....my favorite tv show would become a playable game on my Coleco. Who knows, with their homebrew scene as it is, it could happen! I got the idea from playing an old Broderbund game called Snooper Troops ...something like that, anyways, on the school's Apple II.

But c'mon, who could possibly drive a car with that steering yoke?...good thing K.I.T.T. can parallel park himself.

(wow, I'm never going to type K.I.T.T. again like that....take way too long.)

• Like 1

Some homebrewer should make an Atari 2600 game that is nothing but "parallel parking challenge". It could look like the original police car driving sequences in EGA Police Quest, with the goal being to parallel park and feed the meter in a busy downtown area in time for the opera.

• Like 1

Bumpity-bump and Happy Ninth Anniversary to this glorious thread! We'll have to think of something extra-special next year for the tenth anniversary.

Like actually making the game? :ponder: :P

That might be tough to do, since all the Kinkos in my area went out of business.

• Like 2

That might be tough to do, since all the Kinkos in my area went out of business.

You may have to shift gears and ask the UPS Store for help.

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm a little confused as to what a Kinkos has to do with programming. :ponder:

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm a little confused as to what a Kinkos has to do with programming. :ponder:

Nothing at all. But as HardWork himself said, the expertise of a print shop employee was vital to the success of this project, although I don't quite know how:

I have clearly stated from the first post that I'm new to the 2600, but not to hacking. I'm warm to BASIC programming, and I'm no dummy. Also, I've had two guys jump on board this last week. One is a good friend of mine of 10 years, who was the first to know of KR2600, at the New Year. The other fellow I met by chance, whom works at the print shop where I have been producing my storyboards. These guys are no dummies, either.

Both have pledged full support after absorbing the content of my early work, & the content of this site. This week we have formed the Team, christened it with the "Savage" name, and have gotten little sleep since then. :D

I'd just love to know whether "Team Savage" actually made it as far as getting something on the screen before they gave up.

• Like 4

Ye of little faith. Team Savage is coming back with a vengeance to make you all eat crow. After all, they're no dummies (and they're getting little sleep)!

Edited by Mirage
  • Like 2

Ye of little faith. Team Savage is coming back with a vengeance to make you all eat crow. After all, they're no dummies (and they're getting little sleep)!

No need for faith. He said he'd be back and there's no reason to doubt him:

Regarding KR2600: Yes, the game is moving forward. I will post again in the 2600 forum when I am ready to show it.

I think he is waiting for the return of the Anunnaki on Sunday, August 12, 2012 to make his big announcement (with screen shots and a playable demo).

• Like 3

No need for faith. He said he'd be back and there's no reason to doubt him:

Regarding KR2600: Yes, the game is moving forward. I will post again in the 2600 forum when I am ready to show it.

I think he is waiting for the return of the Anunnaki on Sunday, August 12, 2012 to make his big announcement (with screen shots and a playable demo).

He's probably putting the finishing touches on the Kickstarter page right.......now.

• Like 2

I'd just love to know whether "Team Savage" actually made it as far as getting something on the screen before they gave up.

I highly doubt it...but I bet they made themselves some really mediocre "Team Savage" business cards at Kinkos! :rolling:

""What say, all ye men? Will ye give as much Blood, as shall be needed to temper the steel?"-Capt. Ahab - James "Hardwork""

Ahhh yeah... it seems like only 9 years have passed since that now infamous statement was quoted... oh wait... It HAS been 9 years!!! :grin:

Anyway... KITT in an 8-Direction Top-Down view:

post-26314-0-08392100-1337614607_thumb.png

• Like 6

...and here's your first line of code:

SEI

Only 32,767 bytes to go

Ok, but he's going to want to be paid a dollar a byte.

I don't think he needs to worry about that. Invariably he'll just create a kickstarter and make just as much money even though he's ridiculed.

• Like 4

...and here's your first line of code:

SEI

Only 32,767 bytes to go

Ok, but he's going to want to be paid a dollar a byte.

I don't think he needs to worry about that. Invariably he'll just create a kickstarter and make just as much money even though he's ridiculed.

My God I love this place. :rolling: :lolblue: