IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Maybe we can start brainstorming some ideas for whoever takes over the Atari IP for their crowdfunding campaign in 2021, so that they might be able to get it right. I'll start

Keep it cheap, make tools for easy Atari game creation, have a marketplace for those games to be sold so homebrewers can make money off of them.

OK, what else?

What do you consider cheap? Honestly for me to consider it (as is) I would want it to be no more than $150.

I know people want a cart slot but I think that is an unneeded expense making a system cost more.

I would like to see an expansion port that if you were a programmer could attach to burn to carts for testing. That way the added cost would be for those wanting a cart release.

Sorry to stir shit. I just want to not see people driven away. I like what this community contributes to old systems and want to share it.

>>runs back for fallout shelter after post

>>trips

>>holyshot.gif

>>nuke turns out to be very friendly

Good start on this guys very good work.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Maybe we can start brainstorming some ideas for whoever takes over the Atari IP for their crowdfunding campaign in 2021, so that they might be able to get it right. I'll start

Keep it cheap, make tools for easy Atari game creation, have a marketplace for those games to be sold so homebrewers can make money off of them.

OK, what else?

Stay the course with batshit stupid ideas, go broke for real. The world doesn't need, nor has it asked for, modern remakes of Combat, Haunted House, Yars' Revenge, Asteroids, or Centipede.

Rather than a bankruptcy liquidation, turn over the remaining assets to a benevolent creditor (I hear Frontier Developments is owed money), or leave them out for public domain.

Forget about exploitation and monetization.

Or sell for one dollar to AtariAge (honestly, who's done more for real Atari goodwill in the last decade?) and let them keep things for historical purposes.

• Like 2

Stay the course with batshit stupid ideas, go broke for real

I spent some quality time with my coleco chameleon today (for those who do not know its not a joke I made a coleco chameleon from scratch in less time than it took that crew to fake it)

I did wet sand the case cause it was all half assed looking so I gotta repaint that and re-apply the logos, kind of getting ready to sell it, problem is I cant stop playing it every time I get it out lol

(pi3 inside, 16 gig sd card, 120 gig samsung msata SSD in a jag cart shell)

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 4

the dumb thing is, if they put a pi3 in that box and plopped an armlinux gamedev forum on their site i'd probably have coughed up 100$

This is the big miss of the VCSCrate. It's a design that no one is asking for... too powerful to be a flashback, and not powerful enough to be a decent PC. It's a middle ground that makes no sense, at a price that's extremely uncompetitive.

• Like 6

, make tools for easy Atari game creation, have a marketplace for those games to be sold so homebrewers can make money off of them.

OK, what else?

No. That is a terrible idea. If that happens then all you will have is a giant pile of "online" 2600 shovelware. Tools like that are great in theory but not so much in practice. Look at the basic interpreters for both the 2600 and 7800 as an example. There are a couple good games that have been prgorammed from those tools on both machines BUT the overwhelming majority is just trash.

• Like 1

Atari SA Executive meeting be like...

"I read that Atari and retro gaming is... trendy!"

"Ohhhh! That means we're on the cutting edge!"

Edited by Pink
  • Like 2

since most of the prospective developers have abandoned the thread over the past year, i thought i'd mention the developer mailing list has gone entirely unused. not even a mention of the campaign starting

Not true at all. I get spam in my developer e-mail account from Atari for Railroad Tycoon or an overpriced limited edition hat or the VCSII launches at 00:00:00. (as you all know Atari did pass on a game that my company is developing)

This is a frickin' long thread for only 1 year old... about a page a day!!!

I've never cared about the Ataribox, nor know what it is. Still.

I guess I picked the right time to check this thread out!!!

Unlike the Knight Rider thread, I have no intention of checking back...

HardWork... now THERE was a prophet (un)worthy of a thread in the triple digits of pages.

Edited by Torr
  • Like 1

Just noticed in five more days, this thread will be a year old. That'll mean we're going to have to celebrate with ...(you guessed it)... tacos.

We're in luck! I found a video on how to make an easy Taco shaped cake!

Although I hate cake. I'll have real tacos instead!

Edited by Pink
  • Like 2

Ya know, many people on this thread have given this guy the benefit of the doubt for some time. To his credit, most genuinely don't believe he is as ignorant, or willfully ignorant as his posts suggest. As in, his tendency to continually attempt to equate a Linux box ordered by 8 guys at a holding company with the latest products from Nintendo or Sony. It's clear when reading his posts, and looking at his involvement in these forums, that there is deliberate intent behind his screwball "aw shucks" routine. That intent is to appologize and obfuscate all the glaring red flags in everything the Atari holding company has been doing in the last several months from their fraudulent marketing of a Linux box they still need a year to produce, to their shifty stock pump and dump routines. The agenda is also clearly to associate the object of criticism to much more credible products in an effort to elevate its profile or legitimacy. It's also clear that English is not his first language, maybe French is. So short of flat out calling it as I see it, I'll just be generous and point out what most already assume, the guy has a trolling agenda, and has had since the minute he joined. Weather it's in some official capacity, or some bizarre self appointed one will be left to the readers. But don't ask me to extend additional courtesies, he's already been given enough rope, and he's hung himself a few times, just like Feargal's wannabe compatriots have.

What is your problem with me?

I am not apologizing anything. I am just very optimistic. Unlike you, i never had problems with other Kickstarter projects and i have never been burnt with failed Consoles.

This is my first experience. It seems that most here are bittered people because their favourite hobby was treated badly in the past by crooks and you feel used and tricked by them.

But that is not a reason to make other people feel bad if they are happy to see an old company coming back to life again.

I am not French and already told that in the past. And even if i were from France: What difference would it make?

I live in Germany and my roots are from Greece. Are you happy now? Does it make a difference that you know that i am from Greece/Germany?

Man, get off my back. Everything i do or comment, you critizise me.

I saw the teaser last year from Atari on a Gaming News Website and was fire and flame the moment i saw it.

Because i always loved Atari when i was a Kid. Later in my youth i had an 800XL. That was my first Computer.

I admire you all because you really love your Hobby.

And i really feel sorry that you all were tricked and cheated with the Coleco or whatever.

But admit that Casual Gamers, Hipsters and Nostalgists like the idea of a new Atari Console.

The numbers speak for themselves. Its been a huge success. Compared to Nintendo or Sony it is almost nothing but it was pledged 2.5 Million Dollars already .

I am the one of 10.000 who likes it. So what? What is your problem with me that i like it?

Everybody has an Opinion. My opinion is that it is only the start and that there will be announced more and more in the future and that Atari will have a comeback and they will do anything

to satisfy their customers and bring more services and more Games and bring a fresh attitude to the market of the established big companies and that the community of Atari Players will grow more and more.

Success brings more success to it. If this Project will succeed than i am sure that the Community will grow from 10.000 customers to 100.000.

So just let me have my opinion and dont attack me personally.

I said it before. This feels here like a sworn in group. You rant and grump and bleat the whole day and if somebody else comes he gets attacked.

I wish everybody would be so rational and friendly like MrBeefy.

Maybe you should think to yourselve. It has gotten to a point where you are paranoid.

People who are optimistic are automatically employees from the company or from France.

Edited by alexkeaton

So just let me have my opinion and dont attack me personally.

I said it before. This feels here like a sworn in group. You rant and grump and bleat the whole day and if somebody else comes he gets attacked.

I wish everybody would be so rational and friendly like MrBeefy.

Maybe you should think to yourselve. It has gotten to a point where you are paranoid.

People who are optimistic are automatically employees from the company or from France.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, just as we are entitled to be very critical of this product and Atari SA. It is also your money.

That said, you are asking people to get off your back, but you make posts like this one

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/266480-new-atari-console-that-ataribox/?p=4039544

I still don't know wtf I am reading with that one, but something like that was not appreciated.

• Like 2

That sea lion comic is perfect.

AtariVCS' "Early Bird" deals end today.

Special Perk ends 06/06.

Woody ends 06/11.

post-39941-0-62777700-1528117388_thumb.jpg

No, not that Woody. The time-limited special Collector's edition AVCS woody.

Tracking: https://www.backerkit.com/projects/atari-vcs-game-stream-connect-like-never-before-computers-pc

Still seems to be leveling out, though we may see a bump today from EB editions.

I just realized my activity feed looks awful too. I just haven't found anything to comment on in the Jag forum in a while. I still lurk there, as well as TI-99/4a and a few other boards. I swear! :P :lol:

• Like 2

That sea lion comic is perfect.

AtariVCS' "Early Bird" deals end today.

Special Perk ends 06/06.

Woody ends 06/11.

attachicon.gifToy-Story-3-Woody-toy-story-3-9703321-1024-5761.jpg

No, not that Woody. The time-limited special Collector's edition AVCS woody.

Tracking: https://www.backerkit.com/projects/atari-vcs-game-stream-connect-like-never-before-computers-pc

Still seems to be leveling out, though we may see a bump today from EB editions.

I just realized my activity feed looks awful too. I just haven't found anything to comment on in the Jag forum in a while. I still lurk there, as well as TI-99/4a and a few other boards. I swear! :P :lol:

Man they've averaged just $74,376 over the last 3 days. Or just under 250 consoles (at a max as a lot of people are just getting controllers). And that's with the reduced pricing. It should plummet again after that ends