IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

You joke, but after Guardians of the Galaxy 2, prices are going to get pretty high on those things. Just try and find a blue Walkman from the first movie.

I still have my 80gb Zune. It is the 2nd gen so it looks a little more modern than the first gen ones featured in the movie. It still works. I have had the battery replaced once. I got a little grin on my face at the end of GOTG2 when they gave Quinn the Zune! My immediate thought was, well the secondary market on those is going up immediately just like the Sony Walkman did after the first movie. I know a few people were making 3D printed ones for Cosplayers because the prices went so high with the real thing.

I have the Awesome Mix Vol 1 & 2 in cassette form.

67f9f641704f331f2e6d7261c564027a.jpg

• Like 3

Is anyone actually "starved" for info on the Ataribox? At the most it's a curiosity. It will take quite a bit, at least for me, to reach "OMG gotta have it" status.

PS - not a shot at you vcoleiro1, but a commentary on the ataribox itself :)

I would need to see the specs in order to get to that state. Assuming that they are good.

I kind of would rather know what operating system they're going to have on it. If it's a generic Windows machine with some proprietary 'App' store, then I'd probably just turn it into a Steam Machine (in which case the hardware specs would matter to a point (would probably stream better than my Link, which I discovered finally the 'fix' for some games on that is to switch to Stereo instead of 5.1 surround sound!)

We know that the only non-internet storage it has is MicroSD / USB (at least from the Renders, the final product might be different).

Has anyone tried to guess what the purpose of the four white lights on the Woodgrain version are for? The black one didn't seem to have them.

That was my guess as well. Granted these days you'd want something like a Steam Controller, 1 dongle can handle 4 controllers... It's not like the old days where you would plug in four controllers. Though this would follow Atari's old school stuff in putting the 'joystick ports' in weird places that were inconvenient!

I still maintain that the Zune looks like a slightly melted Intellivision controller, blackened by the oven to an ugly brown/green color.

So you're saying Intellivision should sue Microsoft over a Design Patent? :P Like how Apple sued Samsung over rounded corners?

Here is my 80 gb (With my Sandtrooper Armor as the wallpaper)attachicon.gifPhoto Jul 24, 11 34 32 AM.jpg

Sorry for the interruption...

Back to the BOX

Debbie Gibson. Deep Purple. Def Leopard. Devo. Nice!

Some great bands on that list. Based on bands starting with the letters DE alone, I'd say your musical tastes are better than most. :music:

• Like 2

So you're saying Intellivision should sue Microsoft over a Design Patent? :P Like how Apple sued Samsung over rounded corners?

You know what's really funny about Apple suing Samsung in 2010 or whenever it was because Samsung had the rounded corners and their stuff looked like the iPad?

Samsung 2006. Who copied who?