IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

All quiet on the IGG front, nothing posted for 2 days, not since this this statement, which screams "please buy out our stupid company" to me.

With everything blowing up whenever they make a new post, I wonder if we'll see anything out of them for a last minute campaign push on social media or if they'll just lay low and try to ride it out.

• Like 3

With everything blowing up whenever they make a new post, I wonder if we'll see anything out of them for a last minute campaign push on social media or if they'll just lay low and try to ride it out.

Too much going on at work to be able to fully keep up with this today, but I do notice that on their Facebook Page, a number of people have been posting links to the rebuttal on The Register. Atari's PR flacks have been noticeably silent in relation to those posts.

Listening to the interview audio now. Still have about 20 minutes to go, but from what I've heard so far Atari's allegations of impropriety towards the journalist are utterly unfounded and smack of piss-poor (and completely unnecessary) attempts at damage control.

Atari, since you're reading this: stop. Just stop. You know that you've shot yourselves in the foot one too many times by now, and that recovering any shred of the already-tarnished reputation you held prior to this point is not going to happen. Just copy & paste the difficult email to write that's already been written for you, refund everyone's money, call off the campaign, and stop the copyright trolling.

You won't recover any dignity or respect from the community, but at least you'll stop being repeatedly embarrassed in public over your shitheadery.

• Like 10

I fully expect a last-minute spin-heavy push from them for one reason: they want to break the psychological barrier of getting over $3M in backership.

Ultimately, $3M is still a drop in the ocean, and, in purely practical terms, no different to the $2.92M they're at now. But saying, "we got over $3M in pre-orders!" reads better than, "we got just under $3M in pre-orders!" to a certain segment of the populace that doesn't apply analysis to what either of those numbers actually mean.

CPUWIZ, nice rack.

Comments (and pledges) are slowing down on their IGG campaign. A few interesting things just now ... from the bottom to the top:

- A speculator's defense of the "collectors edition," including claims of future value

- A realist who points out AtariBox has a smaller install base than the Apple Pippin (deep cut!)

- Someone who just read the Register piece and "just bought one and is sufficiently irritated"

- An apologist who desperately wants to believe, defending AtariBox and implying that The Register did it for money or attention.

I'm reminded of these 4 monkeys. Speak no evil, hear no evil, see no evil ... and keep your monkey dick to yourself.

post-2410-0-51032400-1529636674.jpg

post-2410-0-69551700-1529636689.png

• Like 6

Next thing the PR department will be pulling out old 80's lingo like, "Totally radical, dude!"

I want to back it, but I'm waiting for them to announce the $99 Ataribox Jr. Edition.

I dare them to bring revive the "Fun Is Back" jingle.... :D

I knew I'd regret not taking a screenshot of the Backerkit page yesterday evening. Everything was the same when I popped open the browser this morning (ugh, it's just after 3AM ET)--except that the "days to go" counter moved forward.

Atari VCS barely squeaked by yesterday, only gaining two backers and $361. You can verify by mousing over the 06/20 point on the graph and it'll show $2,922,340. I've also included the current Indiegogo, because they already lost two backers.

post-39941-0-24537400-1529650620.jpgpost-39941-0-53169700-1529650654.jpg

post-39941-0-79449300-1529650687.jpgpost-39941-0-28795600-1529651317.jpg

• Like 3